Elcor

Isair
Site Admin
Isair
Site Admin

April 17th, 2015, 7:43 am #1

Elcor Racial Traits
• Physical characteristics: an elcor gains a +4 bonus to Strength, a +4 bonus to Constitution, a -4 penalty to Dexterity and a -2 penalty to Charisma.
• Large: Elcor are Large-sized creatures and so they take a -1 size penalty to Defense, a -1 size penalty on all Attack Rolls, and a -4 size penalty on Hide checks.
• High Gravity Adaptation: Elcor are adapted to high hravity. As such, they do not suffer the penalties due to gravity forces that range from 0,5 G to 4,5 G.
• Tough Hide: An elcor’s gnarled hide provides them with a natural Plating equal to 1/2 Elcor level + Constitution score.
• Ponderous Speed: Elcor speed is 15 feet. They are also quadruped creatures.
• Slow Reactions: Even with VI assistance, Elcor are slow to react to a situation. They take a -5 penalty to Initiative tests. In addition, Elcor may not make attacks of opportunity.
• Body Language: Because elcor usually speak with other Elcor mostly through discreet body language, scents, and subvocalised infrasound, they have more difficulties communicating with other races, resulting in the Charisma penalty above. For this reason, Elcor usually state their emotion and/or state of mind at the begining of each sentence. However, when dealing with other Elcor, these restrictions are not present and they gain a +4 bonus to Charisma-based skills on such occasions.
• Weapon Mounting: Due to their quadrupled nature, Elcor cannot hold weapons like other species. Instead, they mount weapons on their backs. Although it can be difficult to adapt some weapons, it allows them to fire far heavier weapons with far greater stability. The price of weapons is increased by 50% for an Elcor and the weapon’s weight is tripled, to account for the necessary equipment to make aiming and reloading possible for the Elcor. However, Elcor reduce the total recoil penalty by 2.
Elcor can also move while firing, without taking any penalties, so every time they make one attack action, they can also take one action to move (so an Elcor can effectively use two actions, or even a full-round action, performing any type of attack, and at the same time move two actions as well).
Finally, Elcor use Intelligence rather than Dexterity for their shooting attacks, as they use targeting algorithms rather than manual aiming.
For all other purposes, such as Two-Weapon Wielding or the time it takes to swap a weapon for another, consider the elcor is instead wielding the weapons (so he could only have two pistols mounted, or a single weapon that requires two hands to use).
• Armor: As one would expect, armor is hard to come by for Elcor. Not only does it need to be specifically designed for their physiology, it also requires substantially more material. Elcor armor costs 50% more than they normally cost.
• Random height: male 7’ 10” + 2d10; female 7’ 8” + 2d10
• Random weight: male 700 lb + (result of 2d10 from height) × 2d20; female 670 lb + (result of 2d10 from height) × 2d20
"This is all Joker's fault! What a tool he was! Now I spend all day computing pi because he plugged in the Overlord."

September 5th, 2016, 4:07 pm #2

Hello in our group we made the experience, that an elcor vanguard with multiweapon platform two flamethrower (with tank) or two reegar carbine is just to op, the issue with the reegar is reduced by its small magazin size but still the flamethower burns nearly everything to the ground in one or two rounds...

Isair
Site Admin
Isair
Site Admin

September 7th, 2016, 7:32 am #3

Well it's a flamethrower. Still one of the most dangerous weapons that exists even today. But what exactly failed, in your view point?
"This is all Joker's fault! What a tool he was! Now I spend all day computing pi because he plugged in the Overlord."

September 8th, 2016, 8:32 am #4

For me is the combination elcor, vanguard (I think the thought of an elcor vanguard a little bit ridiculous :) ), and two flamethrowers is to strong but i think the only way how could this be balanced xD how about vanguards can't carry heavy weapons when he want to use biotic charge

Isair
Site Admin
Isair
Site Admin

September 8th, 2016, 9:00 am #5

But doesn't the gas tank make the elcor an extremely viable target to easily kill? Sure, he gets in close and offs a couple of enemies, but the rest wouldn't just focus on the gas tank?

September 8th, 2016, 9:19 am #6

the elcor doesn't need a gas tank he can carry 200% heavy weapon ammo because he has two flamethrowers (or did I get this wrong?) and if he only can carry 100% he burns 6*12d6 damage in two different directions each round (the recoil is nearly ignorable) that's enough to burn nearly everything very fast to ashes, or does this char get the penalty on two weapon fighting?
Last edited by Slakx on September 8th, 2016, 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Isair
Site Admin
Isair
Site Admin

September 8th, 2016, 9:31 am #7

No, a character can only carry 100% heavy weapon ammo plus any modifier. Bringing more than one heavy weapon doesn't increase the amount of heavy weapon ammo it can carry

December 30th, 2017, 11:45 pm #8

So, how do an Elcor's guns actually work? Do they actually remote control them or is it in a VI's control? I'm considering going for biotic shield dome, and from my current understanding I could walk slowly, maintain the dome, and still shoot.

Isair
Site Admin
Isair
Site Admin

December 31st, 2017, 3:33 am #9

They work with a VI, which assists in weapon stability and provides them with information on the weapon's status (ammo clip, overheat if any, makes a reload when ordered to, etc), but it is still the elcor that must order the weapons to fire, focusing on targets and determining how to fire. Think of it as if the elcor was playing an FPS, targeting enemies with eye coordination and voice commands. Which is why they use Intelligence instead of Dexterity to fire. This also makes it impossible for the elcor to do other things while firing, except moving.

February 13th, 2018, 5:42 pm #10

Hmm. With weapons that can be charged, does an Elcor still need to stand still to charge them, or can he/she move freely while doing so?

Also, with the Multi-Weapon Mount, you say there are no slots for holstered weapons. Does this mean that once you mount guns on this mount you cannot holster them at all? Or does it just mean that you cannot swap between mounted weapons and only have access to the 2-4 you have mounted currently, as opposed to the Advanced Weapon Mount, which gives you 3 actives and 2 more holstered to swap around?

Isair
Site Admin
Isair
Site Admin

February 13th, 2018, 6:10 pm #11

"Hmm. With weapons that can be charged, does an Elcor still need to stand still to charge them, or can he/she move freely while doing so?"
I'll leave that open for GMs to decide. Honestly, I don't see why they couldn't move but the GM can also determine that charging a weapon causes the armor to direct power to the weapon mount and thus not allow movement. 

As for the Multi-Weapon, it means you cannot holster them at all but you can insert weapons into free slots. For example, you could have 4 pistols, 2 assault rifles, or 1 assault rifle and 2 pistols. Effectively, you lose space for carrying weapons, but it allows you to wield two weapons that normally requires two slots. The Advanced Mount allows you to carry up to 5 weapons but only use a maximum of 3 (or 2 if one of them requires 2 slots)

February 13th, 2018, 6:39 pm #12

Gotcha. So before you go out for a night on the town, swap out your armor for something without two assault rifles clearly visible and readied at all times.