Upcoming DC collections

Pete Wisdom
Bronze Age

11:43 AM - Jun 21, 2015 #1

These are from Amazon, most don't have the contents or page counts, the first few were mentioned in the previous thread.

Green Lantern by Geoff Johns Omnibus Vol. 3
Superman: Secret Identity Deluxe Edition
Suicide Squad Vol. 2: The Nightshade Odssey
JLA: Gods and Monsters (says by Dini, but if that's something connected to the animated movie, I don't think Dini had to do with it)
Azrael by Denny O'Neil vol. 1
Batman: Road to No Man's Land Vol. 2 (this time the actual RtNML)
Cassandra Cain: Batgirl Vol. 1
Birds of Prey Vol. 2 (says by Simone, but I suppose that's the second volume by Dixon)
Batman: Legacy/Contagion
Catwoman Vol. 5 by Pfeifer (well, now it remains to see if they decide to "fix" vol. 4 before the solicit it)
Last edited by Pete Wisdom on 10:55 AM - Sep 13, 2015, edited 1 time in total.

TheIntruder
Bronze Age

12:57 PM - Jun 21, 2015 #2

What's the Nightshade odyssey?

JaseTraber
Modern Age
JaseTraber
Modern Age

1:23 PM - Jun 21, 2015 #3

TheIntruder wrote:
What's the Nightshade odyssey?
Second volume of the Ostrander run.

shagamu
Modern Age
shagamu
Modern Age

4:55 PM - Jun 21, 2015 #4

Some great stuff coming up, but what's with RtNML vol. 2 costing US$ 34.99? I thought it would collect fewer issues than vol. 1, which will cost US$ 29.99 (although Amazon is still listing it with its old price and page count).

And there are also some new Vertigo collections:

http://www.amazon.com/Bullets-Book-Four ... 807&sr=1-2
http://www.amazon.com/Flinch-Various/dp ... 807&sr=1-4 (volume 1 is coming out in December, so shouldn't it be vol. 2?)
http://www.amazon.com/Invisibles-Book-O ... 807&sr=1-5 (seems to be a softcover version of the first deluxe HC)
http://www.amazon.com/Egypt-Peter-Milli ... 807&sr=1-3
http://www.amazon.com/Manifest-Eternity ... 545&sr=1-2
Last edited by shagamu on 4:57 PM - Jun 21, 2015, edited 1 time in total.

JAG2045
Bronze Age
JAG2045
Bronze Age

7:01 PM - Jun 21, 2015 #5

Pete Wisdom wrote:
These are from Amazon, most don't have the contents or page counts, the first few were mentioned in the previous thread.

Green Lantern by Geoff Johns Omnibus Vol. 3
Superman: Secret Identity Deluxe Edition
Suicide Squad Vol. 2: The Nightshade Odssey
JLA: Gods and Monsters (says by Dini, but if that's something connected to the animated movie, I don't think Dini had to do with it)
Azrael by Denny O'Neil vol. 1
Batman: Road to No Man's Land Vol. 2 (this time the actual RtNML)
Birds of Prey Vol. 2 (says by Simone, but I suppose that's the second volume by Dixon)
Batman: Legacy/Contagion
Catwoman Vol. 5 by Pfeifer (well, now it remains to see if they decide to "fix" vol. 4 before the solicit it)
Wow, will definetly get:

Azrael by O'Neil
Batman Road to NML 2
Batman Legacy/Contagion
Catwoman vol 5 by Pfeifer

And possibly 

Glad Azrael is finally getting some love and that DC is continuing with the updated bat-titles from the 90's! Also good to see them finally getting vol 2 of Suicide Squad out (I guess having a movie released doesn't hurt :-) )
Last edited by JAG2045 on 7:05 PM - Jun 21, 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Jordo
Modern Age
Jordo
Modern Age

9:07 PM - Jun 21, 2015 #6

Aghh!! Batman: Legacy! Finally! Oh my god.

Now to wonder if I should ebay my Batman: Contagion trade.
Last edited by Jordo on 9:47 PM - Jun 21, 2015, edited 1 time in total.

bluedevil2002
Silver Age

11:39 PM - Jun 21, 2015 #7

Jordo wrote:
Aghh!! Batman: Legacy! Finally! Oh my god.

Now to wonder if I should ebay my Batman: Contagion trade.
At least wait to see exactly what's in the book.

Splash Too
Bronze Age
Splash Too
Bronze Age

12:24 AM - Jun 22, 2015 #8

Why is the Batman trade listed as Legacy/Contagion?  Should be the other way around.  The Contagion series lead into Legacy.  Then Cataclysm and No Mans Land.  Great with the Suicide Squad book 2.  After being cancelled a few years ago now its coming again upon the release of a movie of course.  Its resuscitated the old series to be collected.  Oh I do hope the Birds of Prey trade continues after my two early old trades.  I mean I have all of the trades other than that portion not collected before the Gail Simone run started the BoP trades again.Azrael trades too.  I never really got into this ongoing and it'd be neat to check it out like finally.     

Pete Wisdom
Bronze Age

4:07 AM - Jun 22, 2015 #9

Birds of Prey vol. 2 should already take the series beyond what was in the two old trades. Hopefully they won't skip the one-shot they did before.
shagamu wrote:
what's with RtNML vol. 2 costing US$ 34.99? I thought it would collect fewer issues than vol. 1, which will cost US$ 29.99 (although Amazon is still listing it with its old price and page count)
I didn't look at the prices, and yeah, that's weird. Maybe they'll put in the Harley Quinn one-shot they skipped in the No Man's Land trades (assuming it would make sense) and something else?

I also don't particularly like the prices of the likes of Batgirl Cain and Azrael, but because they're too low, which means barely going over 200 pages with 8 issues or so.

TheIntruder
Bronze Age

6:32 AM - Jun 22, 2015 #11

I will get most of these...The Batgirl one is just a reprint of the old trades perhaps with different mapping right? Nothing new?

It's almost certain that the Azael series won't get to the end though unless they make then super think 25 issue collections or something ala Lucifer. Also, the latter issues that I have read aren't as good as the earlier ones, so virtually no hope.

MrTinkertrain
Bronze Age

7:50 AM - Jun 22, 2015 #12

Gods, I want all of the big ass Batman books

Medieval Guy
Golden Age

8:39 AM - Jun 22, 2015 #13

In which books does Batman have a big ass?

Did Liefeld draw them?

jsf
Modern Age
jsf
Modern Age

9:23 AM - Jun 22, 2015 #14

Wow -- really pleased to see the Azrael collection. That series was tremendous until the Cataclysm event ran through the Bat-books and threw it off. This is a definite buy for me.

bluedevil2002
Silver Age

10:31 AM - Jun 22, 2015 #15

Pete Wisdom wrote:
Birds of Prey vol. 2 should already take the series beyond what was in the two old trades. Hopefully they won't skip the one-shot they did before.
shagamu wrote:
what's with RtNML vol. 2 costing US$ 34.99? I thought it would collect fewer issues than vol. 1, which will cost US$ 29.99 (although Amazon is still listing it with its old price and page count)
I didn't look at the prices, and yeah, that's weird. Maybe they'll put in the Harley Quinn one-shot they skipped in the No Man's Land trades (assuming it would make sense) and something else?
The Harley special in somewhere in the third quarter of NML.  Be kind of silly to throw it in Road to NML.  Then again, it was probably silly to skip it in NML.

So, there's the 12 core issues of Road to NML (3 issues each of Batman, Detective, SOTB, and Azrael).  If they truly skipped Azrael #50 in NML Volume 1, then that can go here.

Hmm..I don't know.  Volume 1 is showing 17 issues (which could be 16 or 21 depending on what they do with Brotherhood of the Fist).

Purple Glovez
Modern Age

1:30 PM - Jun 22, 2015 #16

"Maybe they'll put in the Harley Quinn one-shot they skipped in the No Man's Land trades (assuming it would make sense) and something else? "

(Sorry, quoting posts is hard) but no, this wouldn't make sense at all, and they're already including that issue in a Harley Quinn-focused trade coming out next month. No Man's Land vol 1 was also missing an issue of Azrael, but it takes place after the opening chapters of NML so once again it would be clumsy and nonsensical to include it. But it is the DC way...

I am worried about the Legacy/Contagion trade. Done right, a Legacy trade should include fifteen issues, and Contagion was twelve... are they really gonna try to do this? Jesus. They should just make two separate books. There's literally no way something isn't gonna be left out. I'd love to be proven wrong! (But I won't be.)

Very cool to see Azrael and Batgirl collections. I wish they'd put the Stephanie Brown Batgirl trades back into print too...

bluedevil2002
Silver Age

1:39 PM - Jun 22, 2015 #17

Purple Glovez wrote:
(Sorry, quoting posts is hard)
Look on the left side of the post, under your user name and avatar.  There's a link that says "quote".  Just click that, and it automatically quotes the post you want to reply to.

What 15 books are you including with Legacy?

Purple Glovez
Modern Age

1:56 PM - Jun 22, 2015 #18

Batman: Bane of the Demon #1-4, Shadow #53-54, Batman #533-534, Detective #700-702, Catwoman #36, Robin #32-33, Batman: Bane.

Bane of the Demon was in that Batman vs. Bane book in 2012, but I don't think the Batman: Bane one-shot has ever been reprinted. At any rate, this would be where they go.

shagamu
Modern Age
shagamu
Modern Age

1:57 PM - Jun 22, 2015 #19

Purple Glovez wrote:
I am worried about the Legacy/Contagion trade. Done right, a Legacy trade should include fifteen issues, and Contagion was twelve... are they really gonna try to do this? Jesus. They should just make two separate books. There's literally no way something isn't gonna be left out. I'd love to be proven wrong! (But I won't be.)
I assume this trade will skip the Bane of the Demon mini, and I wouldn't bet on the inclusion of the Batman: Bane one-shot as a second epilogue either.

JAG2045
Bronze Age
JAG2045
Bronze Age

7:09 PM - Jun 22, 2015 #20

Purple Glovez wrote:
"Maybe they'll put in the Harley Quinn one-shot they skipped in the No Man's Land trades (assuming it would make sense) and something else? "

(Sorry, quoting posts is hard) but no, this wouldn't make sense at all, and they're already including that issue in a Harley Quinn-focused trade coming out next month. No Man's Land vol 1 was also missing an issue of Azrael, but it takes place after the opening chapters of NML so once again it would be clumsy and nonsensical to include it. But it is the DC way...
They also included the Harley Quinn one shot last year in "DC Comics Presents Harley Quinn 1 http://www.dccomics.com/comics/dc-comic ... ey-quinn-1

Though it is weird the one shot got missed as reading the NML trades Harley suddenly appears mid way through the story with no explanation!