Gotham95
Bronze Age
Gotham95
Bronze Age

12:29 AM - Jun 12, 2018 #401

Gotham95 wrote: And my third try is a failure too. Just got my last shipment from DCBS (still order every week from IST) and they sent wrong version yet again and it was badly damaged. I'm pretty frustrated right now. 
And the fourth try is a no go either. Can someone who has received the corrected version maybe tell me what I am doing wrong? I try to be clear with them what the issues are and that others are receiving corrected copies but I keep getting sealed copies that are first prints.  😭

TheIntruder
Bronze Age

3:38 AM - Jun 12, 2018 #402

Gotham95 wrote:
Gotham95 wrote: And my third try is a failure too. Just got my last shipment from DCBS (still order every week from IST) and they sent wrong version yet again and it was badly damaged. I'm pretty frustrated right now. 
And the fourth try is a no go either. Can someone who has received the corrected version maybe tell me what I am doing wrong? I try to be clear with them what the issues are and that others are receiving corrected copies but I keep getting sealed copies that are first prints.  😭
I'm waiting for them to fix your issue before i try 😉

GreenMeerkat
Bronze Age

4:00 AM - Jun 12, 2018 #403

I'm really surprised they're messing this up for you as they handled mine really well.  At one point the replacement was pulled for my shipment but was then removed because they realized it wasn't the fixed edition.  Maybe you could specifically refer them to Carrie as she was who I dealt with and was well familiar with the issue.

Gotham95
Bronze Age
Gotham95
Bronze Age

6:26 AM - Jun 12, 2018 #404

GreenMeerkat wrote: I'm really surprised they're messing this up for you as they handled mine really well.  At one point the replacement was pulled for my shipment but was then removed because they realized it wasn't the fixed edition.  Maybe you could specifically refer them to Carrie as she was who I dealt with and was well familiar with the issue.
Thanks, she is the one I've been communicating with. 

DavidTai
Forum Moderator
DavidTai
Forum Moderator

12:18 PM - Jun 12, 2018 #405

My fixed printing came via Emily (who I usually reach on Fridays.)
--------------

Brother Eye

is watching.

--------------

Gotham95
Bronze Age
Gotham95
Bronze Age

3:50 PM - Jun 21, 2018 #406

YAHOO!!!!  I finally got the corrected version!!!  All is good. LOL!

DavidTai
Forum Moderator
DavidTai
Forum Moderator

4:22 PM - Jun 21, 2018 #407

Congrats.  Now I'm wondering how they even can tell apart the corrected and noncorrected versions without opening the seal.
--------------

Brother Eye

is watching.

--------------

Gotham95
Bronze Age
Gotham95
Bronze Age

4:27 PM - Jun 21, 2018 #408

I'm not sure. They never opened any copy I got. They did say the last two (before the correct one) were actually recent stock replenish from Diamond, which told them they were still sending out the misprint one. Even though they never opened any, I made this reference for them to help. They said they would use it.
Problems with JLI Omnibus.jpg

bluedevil2002
Silver Age

12:50 PM - Jun 27, 2018 #409

I finally emailed DCBS last week, they said to ship it back media mail and they would add a corrected copy to my next shipment.  I had to wait a few days because I realized that I could use the box and packing foam from my monthly shipment that arrived over the weekend.

Had a bit of a funny moment at the post office when the clerk asked if there was anything hazardous in the package.  "Maybe if you drop it on your foot."

My next monthly shipment is due around July 20, so I'll have a bit of a wait.

Rimmer
Modern Age
Rimmer
Modern Age

3:13 PM - Jun 27, 2018 #410

Ah, that's when Guy has the bump on the head and turns into a super nice, "aw, gee whiz!" kinda guy, ala Captain Marvel.  That's so great.  

And thanks for sharing the pics so people know what to look for!

bluedevil2002
Silver Age

9:16 AM - Aug 18, 2018 #411

bluedevil2002 wrote:I finally emailed DCBS last week, they said to ship it back media mail and they would add a corrected copy to my next shipment.  I had to wait a few days because I realized that I could use the box and packing foam from my monthly shipment that arrived over the weekend.

Had a bit of a funny moment at the post office when the clerk asked if there was anything hazardous in the package.  "Maybe if you drop it on your foot."

My next monthly shipment is due around July 20, so I'll have a bit of a wait.
For some reason, DCBS waited a month, so I just got a replacement. But it is correct, and even says second printing in the front.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Cheat
The Cheat

3:54 PM - Aug 18, 2018 #412

Any success stories of getting the corrected printing in the UK? Price has dropped a fair bit on Amazon, so I'm assuming most of those are first printings.

davetone
Bronze Age
davetone
Bronze Age

10:40 PM - Aug 21, 2018 #413

Too bad that DC didn't put a "second printing" sticker on the outside wrap on the book.

The Monkey
Modern Age
The Monkey
Modern Age

8:15 AM - Aug 22, 2018 #414

The Cheat wrote: Any success stories of getting the corrected printing in the UK? Price has dropped a fair bit on Amazon, so I'm assuming most of those are first printings.
Speedyhen got me a corrected copy a few months ago.
Omnibuses I would like reprinted: Incredible Hulk Volume 1, Mighty Thor Volume 1

RicardoRamos
Modern Age
RicardoRamos
Modern Age

9:55 AM - Aug 22, 2018 #415

So, is it too soon to ask for Vol. 2? 😅
Most Wanted Omni: X-Factor 90's (Peter David, DeMatteis and DeZago); X-Factor Investigations (Peter David); X-Men: Legacy (Carey); Alpha Flight Vol2 (Mantlo, Hudnall & Lee); Moon Knight Vol. 1, Moon Knight by Ellis, Wood & Bunn OHC

saidestroyer
Modern Age
saidestroyer
Modern Age

10:51 AM - Aug 23, 2018 #416

RicardoRamos wrote: So, is it too soon to ask for Vol. 2? 😅
They're not done swapping pages and erasing random bits of dialogue. Give them some time!

jlaavenger
Modern Age
jlaavenger
Modern Age

8:09 AM - Aug 24, 2018 #417

I want volume 2 for the great Adam Hughes art.

GreenMeerkat
Bronze Age

8:52 AM - Aug 24, 2018 #418

Yea, Hughes' work, especially on the Despero story, is spectacular.  It's uncomfortable to bring it up but I can't help but wonder if the recent Jones conviction will impact further collections of this era of JL as he was a significant participant.

Rimmer
Modern Age
Rimmer
Modern Age

9:04 AM - Aug 24, 2018 #419

I think DC is in a tough spot right now due to this.  They already cancelled a Green Lantern TPB line last year due to this, and now, further material for this line might be in jeopardy, too.  I 100% understand why they're doing it.  He had quite a bit or work back in the day, so this effects a lot of material that might not get collected, at least in the short run...

GreenMeerkat
Bronze Age

9:17 AM - Aug 24, 2018 #420

Yea, I don't blame them at all as anything that puts money into Jones' pocket is not a good look.  I'm a bit torn on it as I'd love collections of this work and the GL stuff too, but... yea.  Awkward.