Jack Kirby's Kamandi Omnibus Hardcover

RicardoRamos
Modern Age
RicardoRamos
Modern Age

7:30 AM - May 15, 2017 #1

I just got a message about my preorder and release date changes, it now shows this date:Jack Kirby's Kamandi Omnibus – January 1, 2035

does this mean the title was cancelled?!?

Most Wanted Omni: X-Factor 90's (Peter David, DeMatteis and DeZago); X-Factor Investigations (Peter David); X-Men: Legacy (Carey); Alpha Flight Vol2 (Mantlo, Hudnall & Lee); Moon Knight Vol. 1, Moon Knight by Ellis, Wood & Bunn OHC

StrontiumDog
Modern Age
StrontiumDog
Modern Age

9:51 AM - May 15, 2017 #2

fubarthepanda
Golden Age

11:18 AM - May 15, 2017 #3

I don't think the Kamandi Omnibus was ever officially solicited. It showed up as an Edelweiss/Amazon fish but, like many of those, they get bounced around the schedule. Odds are it's simply been pushed back on the calendar to either late 2017 or 2018.

shagamu
Modern Age
shagamu
Modern Age

1:24 PM - May 15, 2017 #4

fubarthepanda wrote:
I don't think the Kamandi Omnibus was ever officially solicited. It showed up as an Edelweiss/Amazon fish but, like many of those, they get bounced around the schedule. Odds are it's simply been pushed back on the calendar to either late 2017 or 2018.
When a collection is supposed to be resolicited at a later date, Edelweiss usually shows its status as "postponed indefinitely". In this case, however, the Kamandi Omnibus' status is "cancelled", which tends to be definitive.

Macabra
Golden Age
Macabra
Golden Age

1:36 PM - May 15, 2017 #5

shagamu wrote:
fubarthepanda wrote:I don't think the Kamandi Omnibus was ever officially solicited. It showed up as an Edelweiss/Amazon fish but, like many of those, they get bounced around the schedule. Odds are it's simply been pushed back on the calendar to either late 2017 or 2018.
When a collection is supposed to be resolicited at a later date, Edelweiss usually shows its status as "postponed indefinitely". In this case, however, the Kamandi Omnibus' status is "cancelled", which tends to be definitive.

Definitive for Edelweiss or DC?   It will be re sollicited I have no doubt of it, it is Kirby! 

JeffDyer
Modern Age
JeffDyer
Modern Age

2:17 PM - May 15, 2017 #6

I checked with my DC friend. 

fubarthepanda is right: it's never been solicited. However, it IS coming, but release date is unknown. 

Good news, right? 

shagamu
Modern Age
shagamu
Modern Age

3:06 PM - May 15, 2017 #7

JeffDyer wrote:

fubarthepanda is right: it's never been solicited. However, it IS coming, but release date is unknown. 

Good news, right? 
Good news indeed. Thanks, and I'm glad to be wrong.

RicardoRamos
Modern Age
RicardoRamos
Modern Age

6:54 PM - May 15, 2017 #8

JeffDyer wrote:

Good news, right? 
I'd rather have it released this year, it's one of my most wanted DC material to be in omnibus!
but shure.. good news!

Most Wanted Omni: X-Factor 90's (Peter David, DeMatteis and DeZago); X-Factor Investigations (Peter David); X-Men: Legacy (Carey); Alpha Flight Vol2 (Mantlo, Hudnall & Lee); Moon Knight Vol. 1, Moon Knight by Ellis, Wood & Bunn OHC

newsboy
Modern Age
newsboy
Modern Age

12:00 AM - May 16, 2017 #9

JeffDyer wrote:

Good news, right? 
I'd count it as a win.  DC is releasing loads of good stuff on a regular basis now. I'd like to have the Kamandi Omnibus now, but my wallet appreciates having it a bit further down the road.

9:12 AM - May 16, 2017 #10

Hopefully Kirby's New Gods omnibus is solicited? 

zapatista
Modern Age
zapatista
Modern Age

2:22 PM - May 16, 2017 #11

Kamandi Omni and Legion of SH omni were scheduled for the same day if I recall.I assume that Legion is going ahead??

My Kamandi archives got a last minute reprieve from the governor!  I had moved them to the basement to my "to sell" pile, and now I can welcome them back to my shelves upstairs.

PatrickJoseph
Bronze Age

7:57 PM - May 16, 2017 #12

I'm really trying to put a breaks on buying Omnibus, but when this is eventually solicited I kind of have to do it. I used to have the originals, and sold them when the Archives started. I didn't get the 2 volume Omnibus editions, as the first half was a downgrade from the Archives. Having the Kirby issues done in one though is too tempting.

RicardoRamos
Modern Age
RicardoRamos
Modern Age

4:45 AM - May 17, 2017 #13

Since Fourth World is also geting Omnibus edition, I wonder if there are plans for other Kirby DC material like The Demon, OMAC, Challengers of the Unknown, The Loosers,...

I know they were short runs but maybe collecting all in one Kirby at DC Omnibus? 

Macabra
Golden Age
Macabra
Golden Age

9:36 AM - May 17, 2017 #14

RicardoRamos wrote:
Since Fourth World is also geting Omnibus edition, I wonder if there are plans for other Kirby DC material like The Demon, OMAC, Challengers of the Unknown, The Loosers,...

I know they were short runs but maybe collecting all in one Kirby at DC Omnibus? 

There are listing, hopefully DC will move forward with the sollicitations.

https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Kirbys-Chal ... Adc+comics

https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Kirbys-Demo ... 9B7WY4JTYS

davidh777
Bronze Age
davidh777
Bronze Age

2:40 PM - May 17, 2017 #15

PatrickJoseph wrote:
I'm really trying to put a breaks on buying Omnibus, but when this is eventually solicited I kind of have to do it. I used to have the originals, and sold them when the Archives started. I didn't get the 2 volume Omnibus editions, as the first half was a downgrade from the Archives. Having the Kirby issues done in one though is too tempting.
I got the first Archive but not the second and not the recent Omniboo. I'll likely get this volume when released, though.

saulres
Bronze Age
saulres
Bronze Age

6:54 PM - May 17, 2017 #16

RicardoRamos wrote:

Well there's this: http://www.newsarama.com/34526-dc-unvei ... shots.html

Likely those will be collected.

RicardoRamos
Modern Age
RicardoRamos
Modern Age

4:49 AM - May 18, 2017 #17

saulres wrote:
RicardoRamos wrote:Since Fourth World is also geting Omnibus edition, I wonder if there are plans for other Kirby DC material like The Demon, OMAC, Challengers of the Unknown, The Loosers,...

Well there's this: http://www.newsarama.com/34526-dc-unvei ... shots.html

Likely those will be collected.
we've been talking that here: 
Revival of Kirby Characters

mr Articulate
Modern Age

3:19 PM - Mar 06, 2018 #18

So I hate to jinx it, but what are the odds of something screwed up in this volume?  Have the non-Kirby issues been reprinted anywhere?  I already have the 2 archives and the 2nd Omni, so I did not pre-order this... but I bet the colors are nicer.

Hanzo the Razor
Bronze Age

4:56 PM - Mar 06, 2018 #19

Amazon is saying March 13!

Leeman13
Golden Age
Leeman13
Golden Age

6:00 PM - Mar 06, 2018 #20

Just placed my order.  Excited for it.
"Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil’s pawn. Alone among God’s
primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his
brother to possess his brother’s land. Let him not breed in great
numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him;
drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.”
– Sacred Scroll 29:6
"Somewhere out there, there has to be something better than man" - George Taylor