PeterWhitney
Modern Age
PeterWhitney
Modern Age

12:02 PM - Jul 02, 2018 #21

I signed up for the Beta.  I agree that the panel by panel is weird, but I am thinking that they will be more like Hoopla where you can read page by page or panel to panel

drumore
Bronze Age
drumore
Bronze Age

12:13 PM - Jul 02, 2018 #22

It's just using the same software format that already exists with Comixology.

drumore
Bronze Age
drumore
Bronze Age

12:37 PM - Jul 11, 2018 #23

For those at San Diego, there's some interactive experiences planned:
https://www.newsarama.com/40753-dc-univ ... -2018.html

"After registering, fans will head to the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, directly across the street from the San Diego Convention Center. Guests of the activation will interact with dozens of activities and installations including:
  • Explore Dick Grayson’s Titans loft and uncover clues to his whereabouts
  • Experience the mysterious creations of Dr. Niles Caulder in the Doom Patrol lab
  • Avoid succumbing to the deadly virus in the mystical swamps of Swamp Thing
  • Join earth’s newest superhero team in the Young Justice Watchtower
  • Create mayhem in the Harley Quinn chaos room
  • Step into the sewers with Batman and descend into madness in The Court of Owls
  • Enjoy the first public unveiling of rare artwork and memorabilia only previously seen in exclusive engagements
  • Discover hidden clues and get an exclusive first-look at the DC UNIVERSE digital subscription service"

11:28 AM - Jul 19, 2018 #24

Resisting the temptation to start a new thread ...

Here's the TITANS trailers.   Holy &^*@!

kevin75
Silver Age
kevin75
Silver Age

12:18 PM - Jul 19, 2018 #25

L&C, was that a good HOLY $#!+ or bad? I didn't care for it. :(

drumore
Bronze Age
drumore
Bronze Age

12:30 PM - Jul 19, 2018 #26

$74.99 annually or $7.99 a month.
If I’m reading it right, early signup gets +3 months free.

Five Years Later
Golden Age

12:33 PM - Jul 19, 2018 #27

I never thought I'd see an authorized, live action Robin say "(“PROFANITY REMOVED”), Batman."
Fine, enjoy not reading comics because of the spine.

Five Years Later
Golden Age

12:45 PM - Jul 19, 2018 #28

Anyway, I didn't get into it. I understand it's low budget and I can't expect Gal Gadot, Ryan Reynolds or Margot Robbie but the cast can't even match up with the Arrow or Riverdale group. Of course that's a judgement from watching one short promo. 

Ultimately the characters will have to drive this and the actors give the characters life. I got nothing from this Raven or Robin. Compare that performance to Anna Paquin's Rogue in the first X-Men movie or even the kids in the New Mutants trailer. Anyway, I'm hoping for the best as always. I like the look and style. Dove looks great although those razor wings are out of character -- but I don't know the full story obviously.

Wyldemusick
Modern Age
Wyldemusick
Modern Age

2:34 PM - Jul 19, 2018 #29

drumore wrote: $74.99 annually or $7.99 a month.
If I’m reading it right, early signup gets +3 months free.
DCUniverse.png

3:09 PM - Jul 19, 2018 #30

kevin75 wrote: L&C, was that a good HOLY $#!+ or bad? I didn't care for it. :(
I think it's a GOOD one.

I am a DC fan, but really have little interest at all in the Titans franchise -- Teen, New, Old or adjective-less.  So this actually got my attention as something hard-edged that I hadn't seen before.  So ....

Before Trailer:  0% interest in TITANS show
After Trailer :  33% interest in TITANS show

3:12 PM - Jul 19, 2018 #31

So $8 a month then.  Probably a wise price point.  $10 would have had me saying 'no'.

Interestingly enough, the feature that has me most intrigued is the DC message boards.  I wonder how good they will be?

drumore
Bronze Age
drumore
Bronze Age

3:29 PM - Jul 19, 2018 #32

I’ll sign up soon, so the 15 month deal brings it down to $5 a month. Not much more than one comic book.

DavidTai
Forum Moderator
DavidTai
Forum Moderator

3:32 PM - Jul 19, 2018 #33

drumore wrote: I’ll sign up soon, so the 15 month deal brings it down to $5 a month. Not much more than one comic book.
Eh the only thing bugging me about it is that apparently you have to send email to stop the service, instead of just cancelling it yourself online.
--------------

Brother Eye

is watching.

--------------

drumore
Bronze Age
drumore
Bronze Age

3:36 PM - Jul 19, 2018 #34

8 seconds instead of 2. Lol
Last edited by drumore on 3:36 PM - Jul 19, 2018, edited 1 time in total.

newsboy
Modern Age
newsboy
Modern Age

3:36 PM - Jul 19, 2018 #35

The $75 a year deal sounds great, except I'm not sure yet whether this is going to be worth $8 a month, let alone $75 for an annual deal. I may try it for a month or two to give them a chance to convince me. if DC/Warners is smart there will be another annual-deal offered in the coming months to reel in those who were reluctant to jump in for a year right at the beginning.

The Titans trailer . . . um, not sure I'm on board with this take on Robin/Nightwing (not sure which iteration this is of Richard Grayson). The gratuitous profanity seems like a hamfisted effort to be edgy.

I was intrigued (and not in a good way) by the take on Dove. So, she's not a pacifist/reluctant fighter anymore? And if not, why even have a Hawk / Dove duo if you're going to jettison the dichotomy between the characters and make them both kick-ass-take-names crime busters? (Or maybe that's me reading too much into 3 seconds of screen time for the character. Hope I'm wrong).

Tribe
Modern Age
Tribe
Modern Age

3:36 PM - Jul 19, 2018 #36

Well, I bit and subscribed. We'll see how that goes. I'll hide it among my other streaming services so my wife doesn't start questioning me, bless her frugal heart.

DavidTai
Forum Moderator
DavidTai
Forum Moderator

3:38 PM - Jul 19, 2018 #37

drumore wrote: 8 seconds instead of 2. Lol
More like "Are they actually gonna shut it off when I ask or will they ignore it, then I spend the next few weeks arguing about it after they renew?"
--------------

Brother Eye

is watching.

--------------

Five Years Later
Golden Age

3:49 PM - Jul 19, 2018 #38

DavidTai wrote:
drumore wrote: 8 seconds instead of 2. Lol
More like "Are they actually gonna shut it off when I ask or will they ignore it, then I spend the next few weeks arguing about it after they renew?"
They probably don't have the architecture built yet so they are playing it safe. I bet 15 months after launch you'll be able to cancel online just like with any other service.

Wyldemusick
Modern Age
Wyldemusick
Modern Age

3:49 PM - Jul 19, 2018 #39

DavidTai wrote:
Eh the only thing bugging me about it is that apparently you have to send email to stop the service, instead of just cancelling it yourself online.
Yeah, it’s following in the footsteps of the dead Warner Archive service. I wouldn’t be surprised to find that you can’t change your payment method without canceling the service and restarting, too.

It bothers me a little that they’re pushing only an annual plan. That’s a big ask for potential subscribers...it makes sense to have a monthly plan, too. Maybe we’ll see that when the service actually launches.

I’m just hoping they’re more on the ball with their apps than Warner Archive was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DavidTai
Forum Moderator
DavidTai
Forum Moderator

5:48 PM - Jul 19, 2018 #40

--------------

Brother Eye

is watching.

--------------