Absolute/Omnibus/Deluxe Wish-list:

Gigrantor
Modern Age
Gigrantor
Modern Age

9:29 AM - Nov 06, 2014 #1

What DC books would you like to see get released in hardcover.

I have just about every Absolute hardcover that DC has released and I am looking forward to getting Y The Last Man and Transmetropolitan in this format.

As for the Omnibus format, I would love to see eintire runs of Hellblazer get realsed chronologly in this format. And the 80's JLI was born to be collected in a big Omnibus edition IMHO!

One book that I would love to see in the Deluxe edition is Planetary: Crossing Worlds as I have both Absolute Planetary books on my shelves, I enjoy both the story and the art but I noticed that they are missing stories that the Planetary Omnibus contains. I had considered selling my Absolute editions to replace them with the single Omnibus edition but I prefer to see Cassaday's artwork in the larger format, sadly this means that I have to miss out on the Batman, JLA and Authority crossovers.

I suppose I could always settle for the Planetary: Crossing Worlds trade paperback but I prefer the hardcover format and I can't see DC releasing these 3 stories in the Absolute format but I would be more than happy to have these stories in the deluxe format to complement my Absolute editions.

Would anyone else here buy this if it were to get released in this format? I'm assuming that it would sell to fans like myself that are happy with the Absolute editions.

Feel free to share your wish-list on what DC books you think deserve a decent hardcover treatment...
Last edited by Gigrantor on 8:51 PM - Nov 06, 2014, edited 2 times in total.

Dave Wallace
Modern Age
Dave Wallace
Modern Age

10:04 AM - Nov 06, 2014 #2

You can get the Batman crossover in a deluxe HC on its own (along with its script) if you're particularly interested in the Cassaday art?

Otherwise, I don't see a dedicated HC release as being likely for this, now that it's in the omnibus.

DavidTai
Forum Moderator
DavidTai
Forum Moderator

10:28 AM - Nov 06, 2014 #3

I really would recommend you just create or use your own wishlist thread instead of constantly creating a new 'I would like to see this in BIG format, would you too?' thread every week or couple weeks.

Please just do a standard wish-list thread instead of a new topic.

-mod
--------------

Brother Eye

is watching.

--------------

Gigrantor
Modern Age
Gigrantor
Modern Age

8:54 PM - Nov 06, 2014 #4

DavidTai wrote:
I really would recommend you just create or use your own wishlist thread instead of constantly creating a new 'I would like to see this in BIG format, would you too?' thread every week or couple weeks.

Please just do a standard wish-list thread instead of a new topic.

-mod
Point taken, I have re-edited this thread to do just that.

Thanks for the advice.

DavidTai
Forum Moderator
DavidTai
Forum Moderator

8:55 PM - Nov 06, 2014 #5

Thank you!
--------------

Brother Eye

is watching.

--------------

Banshee Matt
Modern Age
Banshee Matt
Modern Age

10:30 PM - Nov 06, 2014 #6

I would instantly buy JLA: The Nail and its sequel in the Absolute format.
<br>

SamyMerchi
Golden Age

11:10 PM - Nov 06, 2014 #7

I think we need a third Levitz LSH hardcover, to wrap up the #300s series at least if no more.

New Teen Titans should get the tail end of the 1980 series collected in a format that matches either the Omnibi or the Archives.

I would like to see Bronze Age Green Arrow collected up to the 4-issue LS.

4colorfella
Modern Age
4colorfella
Modern Age

12:03 AM - Nov 07, 2014 #8

Banshee Matt wrote:
This!

Also Absolute Batman Year 100, Absolute Breach, Batman Thrillkiller deluxe

12:21 AM - Nov 07, 2014 #9

SUPERMAN:  NEW KRYPTON Omnibus
ASTRO CITY Deluxes (preferably) or Omnibus
A comprehensive BATMAN by Grant Morrison in one unified format
ABSOLUTE WONDER WOMAN by Azzarello
WONDER WOMAN by George Perez Absolutes or Omnibus
BRAVE AND BOLD by Waid/Perez and JMS Omnibus
JONAH HEX by Palmiotti/Grey Deluxes (preferably) or Omnibus
ABSOLUTE BATMAN by Snyder/Capullo
UNWRITTEN Deluxe
ABSOLUTE SEA GUY by Morrison/Stewart (after the third arc is complete)
Chaykin ELSEWORLDS Omnibus
ABSOLUTE GREEN ARROW by Lemire/Sorrentino
ABSOLUTE ACTION COMICS by Morrison

Five Years Later
Golden Age

1:00 AM - Nov 07, 2014 #10

Let's see...

A comprehensive BATMAN by Grant Morrison in one unified format !!!!!!!!!
ABSOLUTE WONDER WOMAN by Azzarello
JONAH HEX by Palmiotti/Grey Deluxes
ABSOLUTE GREEN ARROW by Lemire/Sorrentino
I, VAMPIRE by Sorrentino Deluxe
ABSOLUTE ACTION COMICS by Morrison
ABSOLUTE BATMAN 100 !!!!
HELLBLAZER by Delano Deluxe
HELLBLAZER by Azzarello Deluxe
Tales of the Batman by Grant & Breyfogle
'Mazing Man Deluxe
Human Target by Milligan Deluxe ABSOLUTE(!!) Morrison 7 Soldiers
Fine, enjoy not reading comics because of the spine.

jlaavenger
Modern Age
jlaavenger
Modern Age

4:17 AM - Nov 07, 2014 #11

Wish I could go into this. I'd like an Adventures of Superman featuring George Perez hard cover.
A Man of Steel omnibus by John Byrne including the Legends mini series
The Warlord by Mike Grell
Batman by Snyder and Capulo

Justice League by John's and Lee
WildC.A.T.S by Jim Lee
And Superman collection featuring Reis and Benes. I especially like the issue Burn.
The DC Marvel crossovers omnibus
Flash by Cary Bates and Irv Novik
Superman the later issues by Curt Swan.
Swamp Thing omnibus
Green Lantern/Green Arrow by Grell
Generations complete collection by Byrne
Wonder Woman complete collection by Byrne
Wonder Woman omnibus by Jiménez
All Star Squadron omnibus by Roy Thomas
and over sized follow up archive volumes for Legion of Super Heroes and Justice League of America

deejayway
Golden Age
deejayway
Golden Age

4:50 AM - Nov 07, 2014 #12

Absolute Swamp Thing by Berni Wrightson and an AE of same.Absolute Swamp Thing by Alan Moore, but it would have to be remastered and recoloured. The last hcs are really dismal.
Absolute House of Mystery. This would be a collection featuring remastered versions of some of the most memorable tales and covers from HoM and House of Secrets, highlighting the work of masters like Adams, Wrightson, Kaluta and Aparo, the usual suspects. And editor worth his salt should be able to make a crowd-pleasing selection. If there is enough material and enough of a market they could go for an Absolute House of Mystery edition and an Absolute House of Secrets.

Absolute Warfare, containing Russ Heath's amazing Sgt. Rock work. Even just one tribute volume with a selection of his best issues would be great.

I don't know about an Absolute, but I would love to see a nice collection of Joe Kubert's gorgeous Fire Hair work.
Read between the lines or you'll fall through the cracks.

Quoting other people is no substitute for thinking for yourself.

On farcebook: Comicidal Maniac - Mystic Master of the Martial Arts - sWords of Sorcery -
Gothic Mansions of Secrets & Mystery

Alan
Silver Age
Alan
Silver Age

5:26 AM - Nov 07, 2014 #13

I think I prefer Omnibus versions rather than Absolutes, which are very highly priced. I really want Transmetropolitan but I don't think the art warrants an OVER-oversized version, an Omni or deluxe would have done. The Absolutes work for me when the art really benefits from the really big format. The only one I have actually is Hush, which works as it is a 12 issue series and very detailed art from Jim Lee which loses nothing when blown up to that size.

Transmetropolitan in Absolute format will take several volumes anyway (5?), which is a big outlay. You could do it in two Omibuses. I may just get the trades instead.

I would actually like to see some really big Deluxe format books with long runs of 40's and 50's Superman and Batman stories. The Archives are a great idea but have too little in them (ditto the Chronicles, which have the drawbacks too of cheaper paper). 450 page hardbacks would be lovely for those, like the current 'Batman stories of....' Books. It would be great to see long runs of the Swan/Boring era. I can't see that happening though as I suspect there isn't the demand for it other than here.

Alternatively we really need an online DC library as we have with Marvel Unlimited. Even though I don't use it as much as I should (still too busy catching up with the stuff I buy) it's invaluable having huge swathes of the marvel line at my fingertips. It would be great to see the whole first volumes of Action, Superman, Batman, Detective etc all there to be read through. There are loads of Marvel books I have not bothered with and read them on MU instead since I subscribed, and have started on runs of Spiderman, Ultimate Spiderman, Ultimate X-Men, Dr Strange, SHIELD etc from the beginning knowing in most cases I can go straight through to the end with them. Still waiting for more Daredevil before I start that.

deejayway
Golden Age
deejayway
Golden Age

7:23 AM - Nov 07, 2014 #14

Alan wrote:
I think I prefer Omnibus versions rather than Absolutes, which are very highly priced. I really want Transmetropolitan but I don't think the art warrants an OVER-oversized version, an Omni or deluxe would have done. 
Transmetropolitan in Absolute format will take several volumes anyway (5?), which is a big outlay. 
I agree entirely. Even though I am a huge Warren Ellis fan I have held off buying Transmet for years in anticipation of a nice hardcover. However, as you say, the artwork doesn't warrant Absolute treatment. A set of dlx eds. like Fables would've suited me fine.
Read between the lines or you'll fall through the cracks.

Quoting other people is no substitute for thinking for yourself.

On farcebook: Comicidal Maniac - Mystic Master of the Martial Arts - sWords of Sorcery -
Gothic Mansions of Secrets & Mystery

joshuakern
Modern Age
joshuakern
Modern Age

8:07 AM - Nov 07, 2014 #15

Banshee Matt wrote:
Me too, and I think you could sneak Superboy's Legion in there also. 
jlaavenger wrote:
I'd like an Adventures of Superman featuring George Perez hard cover.
Love this idea, but is there enough Perez Superman work to warrant a whole book?

Lightning n Chemicals wrote:
ASTRO CITY Deluxes (preferably)
YES.

4colorfella
Modern Age
4colorfella
Modern Age

8:37 AM - Nov 07, 2014 #16

deejayway wrote:
Alan wrote:
I think I prefer Omnibus versions rather than Absolutes, which are very highly priced. I really want Transmetropolitan but I don't think the art warrants an OVER-oversized version, an Omni or deluxe would have done. 
Transmetropolitan in Absolute format will take several volumes anyway (5?), which is a big outlay. 
I agree entirely. Even though I am a huge Warren Ellis fan I have held off buying Transmet for years in anticipation of a nice hardcover. However, as you say, the artwork doesn't warrant Absolute treatment. A set of dlx eds. like Fables would've suited me fine.
Toss me into this crowd. I've always wanted to read transmetropolitan and was also waiting for deluxes. DC almost swayed me with the high page count of the first solicited absolute, but when I saw the interiors at a local bookstore I just could not picture that art oversized, and I mean that with no disrespect to Mr. Robertson.

DavidTai
Forum Moderator
DavidTai
Forum Moderator

9:20 AM - Nov 07, 2014 #17

4colorfella wrote:
Toss me into this crowd. I've always wanted to read transmetropolitan and was also waiting for deluxes. DC almost swayed me with the high page count of the first solicited absolute, but when I saw the interiors at a local bookstore I just could not picture that art oversized, and I mean that with no disrespect to Mr. Robertson.

[/quote]

I've seen it oversized (thanks to that kickstarter Transmet book a few years back). The art is more than adequate (especially compared to Sandman), it's the colors that would have to really pop to make it work, and I think the Absolute paper would work better for it than the comics and trade paper did.

Do think, though, that they're likely to shift this to deluxe after the work put in on the Absolutes too.
--------------

Brother Eye

is watching.

--------------

VirdenEMT
VirdenEMT

9:48 AM - Nov 07, 2014 #18

I'd love to see 2 or 3 more Legion omnibus to encompass the rest of the #300s and the baxter series.

SAD
Modern Age
SAD
Modern Age

2:27 PM - Nov 07, 2014 #19

Batwoman (Rucka/Williams/Blackman) as 3 Absolutes. The original (unpublished) script to #25 in the back of volume 3.

intp
Golden Age
intp
Golden Age

3:06 PM - Nov 07, 2014 #20

I've been fairly happy so far with the sequential Hellblazer Tpb's being released, but deluxe HC's would be preferable.  I really like the Delano run, in particular.  I recently received Tpb v.9 ("Critical Mass") that starts Jenkins' run but haven't had a chance to read it yet; all of that material will constitute new territory for me.