joshuakern
Modern Age
joshuakern
Modern Age

8:57 PM - Apr 09, 2018 #261

drumore wrote: I came across my copies of the portfolios last week; HistoryDCU, Batman by Perez, Marshall Rogers, Watchmen. Forgotten if there were any others?  I've colored some of them, either officially or just for myself.  
Really nice work! I'm not familiar with the Superman one on the top row; where is that image from?

As for other portfolios, there's a Superman 400 one celebrating that milestone issue, with plates from Kirby, Eisner, Miller, Byrne et al. There's also a Mike Zeck Batman one, with his covers from "10 nights of the Beast" and two new plates.

More recently there was an Alex Ross Justice one, with his covers from that series.

jazzo
Modern Age
jazzo
Modern Age

10:59 PM - Apr 09, 2018 #262

Also, I’ve probably written about this before somewhere in these threads, but Peter Milligan and Duncan Fegredo’s ENIGMA has been treated particularly indifferently by DC, and ( in my opinion),  it is one of the best things the company has ever put out.

A HC collection of all their works would be most welcome 

Gigrantor
Modern Age
Gigrantor
Modern Age

2:38 AM - Apr 10, 2018 #263

jazzo wrote:Also, I’ve probably written about this before somewhere in these threads, but Peter Milligan and Duncan Fegredo’s ENIGMA has been treated particularly indifferently by DC, and ( in my opinion),  it is one of the best things the company has ever put out.

I remember enjoying this series back in the day but I preferred Shade The Changing Man and would prefer to see that series in deluxe or omnibus.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

drumore
Bronze Age
drumore
Bronze Age

5:51 PM - Apr 10, 2018 #264

Hmmm.. I’m not sure where Superman/Perez is from. I had thought it was a portfolio too, but now realize it's not. I collect lots of images and color some in my own for fun/practice. 

The ones that are "official." Lightle Legion from History DC, I colored for the Legion 1,050 Years Anniversary collection. Joker’s Balloon was in the Batman vault.  I also submitted the Batman and Robin piece for that, but don't think it made the cut.

I'm trying to recall if I had anything in DCU Vault.

EDIT:  Oh wait! I think I colored the Superman piece for a potential Superman Vault which never happened.

Muldoon
Bronze Age
Muldoon
Bronze Age

8:45 AM - Apr 15, 2018 #265

Ben Grimm wrote: Since they're now doing Bronze Age omnibuses, I'd like to see one of the Justice Society material from All-Star Comics and Adventure Comics...and maybe even throw in America versus the JSA.
I'd like to do this two or three better: I'd love a comprehensive Earth-2 Justice Society-centered Omnibus series that starts from Jay Garrick's return in 1961's Flash #123 (Flash of Two Worlds) and ends with the final appearance of Earth-2 proper in All-Star Squadron (I forget which issue it was but in the final pages the Earth-2 versions of Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman and Robin and Aquaman get swapped out by the Crisis wave for 5 lesser-known heroes). I should think this Omniboo series should include all JSA Silver Age guest-appearances in Flash, Green Lantern, the Atom, Brave and the Bold and DC Comics Presents, the Huntress back-ups, with of course each annual JLA/JSA crossover, the 1970s All-Star comics revival including its Adventure comics appearances, The Auto-Biography of Bruce Wayne by Alan Brennert and Joe Staton, Superman VS wonder Woman by Conway and Garcia Lopez, everything in between and ending with All-Star Squadron & Infinity Inc.
Of course the possibility of such an undertaking would only happen if the JSA once again gets a hot run like Geoff Johns' from 15 years ago, but I'd love to get all of these stories together in, what, 2-3 thick editions...(of course with new covers by the likes of Staton, Jerry Ordway and...ok Steve Rude!)  

lazerbeat
Modern Age
lazerbeat
Modern Age

8:47 AM - Apr 15, 2018 #266

I would like an Ennis Hellblazer omni #41 to #50 / #52 to #83 / #129 to #133 / Hellblazer special / Heartland. 

Any takers?

RicardoRamos
Modern Age
RicardoRamos
Modern Age

8:59 AM - Apr 15, 2018 #267

lazerbeat wrote: I would like an Ennis Hellblazer omni #41 to #50 / #52 to #83 / #129 to #133 / Hellblazer special / Heartland. 

Any takers?
Shure!
Hellblazer by Ennis Omnibus is among my most wanted from DC/Vertigo!

That and:
Animal Man Omnibus vol. 2 (Animal Man (vol. 1) #27-63)
Animal Man by Jeff Lemire Omnibus
Question by Dennis O'Neil Omnibus (The Question #1–36, Annual #1-2, Quarterly #1-5) + the Question by Rick Veitch (Question vol. 2 #1–6)
Midnighter omnibus (Midnighter: Killing Machine, Midnighter: Anthem, Midnighter: Assassin8, Grifter & Midnighter, Kev by garth ennis, Midnighter and Apollo (2016))
Justice League Dark Omnibus
Doom Patrol by Paul Kupperberg Omnibus ( Showcase #94, Doom Patrol vol. 2 #1-18, Annual #1 (1987-1989) + Doom Patrol and Suicide Squad #1 (1988) + Superman Vol 2 #20 + The Superman Family #191-193 + DC Comics Presents Vol 1 #52)
Astro city Omnibus
Hitman by Ennis Omnibus
Aquaman by Peter David 

and these in OHC or 1 Omnibus:

Mr Miracle by Tom King and Mitch Gerads
Bug by Lee & Mike Allred
Kamandi Chalenge 
Kirby 100
Most Wanted Omni: X-Factor 90's (Peter David, DeMatteis and DeZago); X-Factor Investigations (Peter David); X-Men: Legacy (Carey); Alpha Flight Vol2 (Mantlo, Hudnall & Lee); Moon Knight Vol. 1, Moon Knight by Ellis, Wood & Bunn OHC

Gigrantor
Modern Age
Gigrantor
Modern Age

9:03 AM - Apr 15, 2018 #268

If there is going to be a Hellblazer Omnibus, I want it to start from the start by collecting the Delano run first followed by the Ennis collection.

KingBurger
KingBurger

5:42 AM - Apr 16, 2018 #269

I’d love to see deluxe editions for
- Batman: Man Who Laughs
- Batman: Dark Victory
- Batman: Long Halloween
- Batman: Court of the Owls
- Batman: Death in the family
- JLA - Tower of Babel
 - Flashpoint
- Sinestro Corps War

I know Dark Victory and Long Halloween are getting an omnibus together but would prefer deluxe.
Most wanted - Marvel omnibuses (House of M, Infinity Crusade, Civil War, Dark Reign, Siege, Operation Galactic Storm), Marvels OHC, Batman DLX (Man Who Laughs, Court of the Owls, Dark Victory, Long Halloween, Tower of Babel), New Frontier DLX reprint

Hawkgirl_70
Modern Age
Hawkgirl_70
Modern Age

8:31 AM - Apr 16, 2018 #270

KingBurger wrote: I’d love to see deluxe editions for
- Batman: Man Who Laughs
- Batman: Dark Victory
- Batman: Long Halloween
- Batman: Court of the Owls
- Batman: Death in the family
- JLA - Tower of Babel
 - Flashpoint
- Sinestro Corps War

I know Dark Victory and Long Halloween are getting an omnibus together but would prefer deluxe.
Really? That’s great! When?
"Hawkgirl_70" on comic & weather related discussion boards plus eBay.
"Kathy Walker" on the FB Omnibus Collector's Page
I'm a DC Omnibus, Deluxe HC, & TPB collector.
(I MUST have them all! BWAH-HA-HA-HA!!!)

BeezleBob
Modern Age
BeezleBob
Modern Age

8:48 AM - Apr 16, 2018 #271

Hawkgirl_70 wrote:
KingBurger wrote: I know Dark Victory and Long Halloween are getting an omnibus together but would prefer deluxe.
Really?  That’s great! When?
September.  It was solicited last month:  

DangerousBoy
Bronze Age

8:43 PM - Apr 16, 2018 #272

BeezleBob wrote:
Hawkgirl_70 wrote:

Really?  That’s great! When?
September.  It was solicited last month:  
its on my wishlist
-D

Gigrantor
Modern Age
Gigrantor
Modern Age

8:47 PM - Apr 16, 2018 #273

It should look nice sitting next to the Marvel "colours" omnibus.
I don't need it as I have the Absolute editions which I prefer.

That being said, why hasn't Marvel done their own version of the Absolute range?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

Gigrantor
Modern Age
Gigrantor
Modern Age

2:15 AM - Apr 28, 2018 #274

I recently got myself the Harley and Ivy hardcover and got thinking, why hasn't DC collected the Batman animated adventures comics in deluxe or omnibus editions?

Surely there would be a market for it?

Balu99
Silver Age
Balu99
Silver Age

3:20 AM - Apr 28, 2018 #275

Gigrantor wrote:
jazzo wrote:Also, I’ve probably written about this before somewhere in these threads, but Peter Milligan and Duncan Fegredo’s ENIGMA has been treated particularly indifferently by DC, and ( in my opinion),  it is one of the best things the company has ever put out.

I remember enjoying this series back in the day but I preferred Shade The Changing Man and would prefer to see that series in deluxe or omnibus.

Both would be great.

Tribe
Modern Age
Tribe
Modern Age

2:03 PM - Apr 28, 2018 #276

Balu99 wrote:
Gigrantor wrote:

Both would be great.
I don't get why Milligan's Shade The Changing Man hasn't made it to an Omnibus or Absolute release. Milligan is a name creator (as those things go) and his run with Bachalo is as surreal and weirdly beautiful as anything else that DC/Vertigo has seen fit to release in more handsome editions.

Gigrantor
Modern Age
Gigrantor
Modern Age

10:01 AM - May 21, 2018 #277

It's funny how I once used this thread to push for the release of the Justice League International Omnibus hardcover but now that it's been released and turned out to be a disappointment, I'm now hoping that the series gets released in the deluxe format.

I'm currently reading Justice League Year One in this format and find it preferable to the Omnibus edition.

Not only is it easier to read, especially in bed but the price per page is similar on average especially if each deluxe edition contains around 12 issues.

If DC doesn't intend to release any more Justice League International Omnibus editions in the future, I hope that they consider the deluxe format.

But from what I've heard, the original hardcovers and trade paperbacks were never big sellers.

In general, I prefer the deluxe editions over the Omnibus editions with the exception being the Animal Man Omnibus which contains around 25 issues for around $75.

Anything bigger, generally speaking is just too unwieldy IMHO.

Wyldemusick
Modern Age
Wyldemusick
Modern Age

11:54 AM - May 21, 2018 #278

Gigrantor wrote:It should look nice sitting next to the Marvel "colours" omnibus.
I don't need it as I have the Absolute editions which I prefer.

That being said, why hasn't Marvel done their own version of the Absolute range?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk
They have, sort of...things like the Platinum edition of MARVELS, the Adamantium editions, and so on. Mostly, though, they’re not as focused with the contents as DC is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gigrantor
Modern Age
Gigrantor
Modern Age

11:29 PM - Aug 05, 2018 #279

Grant Morrison's JLA appears to be out of print.

I wonder if they will get the omnibus treatment?

I guess the same could be said for James Robinson's Starman.

If this series got the omnibus treatment, would it still be called Starman Omnibus?
Considering that the original hardcover was called Starman Omnibus, would the actual omnibus be called The Starman Omnibus omnibus?

DangerousBoy
Bronze Age

11:34 PM - Aug 05, 2018 #280

Gigrantor wrote: Grant Morrison's JLA appears to be out of print.

I wonder if they will get the omnibus treatment?

I guess the same could be said for James Robinson's Starman.

If this series got the omnibus treatment, would it still be called Starman Omnibus?
Considering that the original hardcover was called Starman Omnibus, would the actual omnibus be called The Starman Omnibus omnibus?

i too would like a jla morrison omni.  I wonder if it would read like a lsd trip like morrison's other works
-D