Home after a long day of testing. Diagnosis confirmed. XX

DippyPippie

Sep 10 2018, 08:52 PM #1

Hi All. . 

Just stuck this on FB. Updates, off to bed in a mo, will touch base properly tomorrow. XX 

Apologies for round robin post. 

Absolutely exhausted. 
Tony and I were up in London, in Imperial college London hospital in Fulham Palace Rs W6  by 8.30 am,  and came out of hospital at 2.30 pm, so much vestibular testing! £58 for travel passes with my disability discount card! 🙄😮

Incredibly thorough team, Neurologist with  ENT, vertigo and Menieres Disease, hearing loss interest. 

Apparently I am not presenting normally. Curious case.  Have have hot and cold water forced in my ears, to induce vertigo, light goggles, electrodes, on my face, neck, hearing tests, balance machines, harnesses, darkness, bright lights, spongy rocking floors and talks of steroids injections in my ear drums. ( Layman's terms) 🤣

After 5 hours of different tests, and probably totally screwing up the whole NHS  department waiting times, and 19 months battle, they have confirmed what we guessed early on. 

Progressive bilateral hearing losses, Menieres Disease in L ear and damages to inner ears and balance by initial Vestibular Neuritis in R ear)  inner ear unknown infection, undiagnosed -  underlying Auto Immune diseases in family history) 

Got there in the end. At least finally we know there is a reason for my depression and anxiety triggering, on top of everything else. 

Confirmed, I'm not just  a mad mother of two! ( You will beg to differ!) 🤣

The relief is huge, and so a progressive management plan begins. To support me as it progresses. XX 

Thank you to Tony, our boys, friends and family for their love, Menieres forums, for your advice, support and patience, since February 2017. 

I really could not of got through it all without you. 

I'm ok and actually relieved we now know what we are dealing with all this time.

Had two professors discussing, and consulting over my varied symptoms and test results. Trust me to present two differing symptoms and diagnostic lists. 

Couldn't fault the care though today, good old NHS. Forever grateful. XX XX

Gin and tonic on the go. Medicinal of course!! 😘 Thanks everyone. Xxxx
I'm Pip, Queen of Waffle, who talks too much, but also is a great listener. X 😘

Barbara
Trusted Member
Barbara
Trusted Member

Sep 10 2018, 09:10 PM #2

Glad to hear you have got some answers. Get some rest now and then digest all you have been told.
May be a long road but there can be hope at the end of the tunnel.

Barbara x
Got off the roundabout but still on the swings.

DippyPippie

Sep 11 2018, 07:55 AM #3

Thanks Barbara for all your support since last year. You have been wonderful. XX Pip XX 
I'm Pip, Queen of Waffle, who talks too much, but also is a great listener. X 😘

Confirmation of reply: