Mojo...or lack of it at the moment

mac1677
heavy weatherer
heavy weatherer
Joined: 15 Jan 2016 19:26

02 Jun 2018 13:48 #1

Hi guys,
Some of you may have noticed my lack of posts recently. Well I have been suffering from modellers block and at the moment I cant even bring myself to look at a kit let alone build one, I have no idea how long this will go on for...I just hope not too long :angry:

I will keep popping in from time to time to see all the great builds.
Regards

Mac

Quote
Like
Share

Olde Farte
Modelling God
Modelling God
Joined: 17 Dec 2012 15:17

02 Jun 2018 14:38 #2

We've all been there mate, it does help sometimes to build something out of your normal routine.
Delboy AKA Papa Smurf


Manyana, "Maybe the job will be done tomorrow; Maybe the next day; Maybe the day after that; Or perhaps next week; Next month; Next year. Who really cares?"
Quote
Like
Share

beowulf
Kit reviewer
Kit reviewer
Joined: 08 Oct 2011 13:09

02 Jun 2018 17:12 #3

all been there indeed

i dont fight it, go away and do something else, keep checking in to see whats happening, the urge returns at some point
The other Paul

muerte al enemigo que vuela





Quote
Like
Share

Simon G
heavy weatherer
heavy weatherer
Joined: 08 Mar 2013 19:21

02 Jun 2018 18:18 #4

Sooner or later something will spark you back into it, I echo that probably the best thing is not to stress about it, just enjoy what you are spending your time on instead!



Quote
Like
Share

jelly071
Rivet Counter
Rivet Counter
Joined: 06 Mar 2017 19:04

02 Jun 2018 18:47 #5

it will come back mate
Mike Mawhood
IPMS 12171
IPMS Rivenhall Branch secretary come and join in the Fun
Quote
Like
Share

snapper655
resin fondler
resin fondler
Joined: 20 Dec 2011 10:07

02 Jun 2018 19:45 #6

having much the same problem at the mo. :bang:
Quote
Like
Share

mac1677
heavy weatherer
heavy weatherer
Joined: 15 Jan 2016 19:26

03 Jun 2018 05:33 #7

Cheers guys, its been nearly 4 weeks now so hopefully it wont be to much longer. Later on today I am going to have a shuftie through my stash to see if anything whets my appetite, lets hope so :whistle
Regards

Mac

Quote
Like
Share

Simon G
heavy weatherer
heavy weatherer
Joined: 08 Mar 2013 19:21

03 Jun 2018 07:16 #8

mac1677 wrote:Cheers guys, its been nearly 4 weeks now so hopefully it wont be to much longer. Later on today I am going to have a shuftie through my stash to see if anything whets my appetite, lets hope so :whistle
On the basis that every cloud and all that, if your lack of interest becomes entrenched and you want to offer you stash up at a knock down price . . . . :whistle :grin:
Quote
Like
Share

Olde Farte
Modelling God
Modelling God
Joined: 17 Dec 2012 15:17

03 Jun 2018 08:36 #9

Simon, you are such a mercenary so and so................ :whistle :whistle :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf I like your style though.

Go to your stash Chris, shut your eyes and pull something out and ignore Simon.
Delboy AKA Papa Smurf


Manyana, "Maybe the job will be done tomorrow; Maybe the next day; Maybe the day after that; Or perhaps next week; Next month; Next year. Who really cares?"
Quote
Like
Share

mac1677
heavy weatherer
heavy weatherer
Joined: 15 Jan 2016 19:26

03 Jun 2018 14:00 #10

Simon G wrote:if your lack of interest becomes entrenched and you want to offer you stash up at a knock down price
I am looking at selling off about half my stash Simon, about 200 kits, I just have to go through them and decide what to keep :grin:

Del, I went to the stash and grabbed a kit, Revell 1/72 Messerschmitt P.1099, I have made some headway and will post some pictures later :cool
Regards

Mac

Quote
Like
Share

Olde Farte
Modelling God
Modelling God
Joined: 17 Dec 2012 15:17

03 Jun 2018 15:11 #11

Blimey Chris not something I've heard of so looked it up, interesting subject.
Delboy AKA Papa Smurf


Manyana, "Maybe the job will be done tomorrow; Maybe the next day; Maybe the day after that; Or perhaps next week; Next month; Next year. Who really cares?"
Quote
Like
Share

Simon G
heavy weatherer
heavy weatherer
Joined: 08 Mar 2013 19:21

03 Jun 2018 16:10 #12

mac1677 wrote:I am looking at selling off about half my stash Simon, about 200 kits, I just have to go through them and decide what to keep :grin:
That's never an easy thing to do. I think it's a bit like giving up smoking, you have to do it mentally before you do it physically. I've culled my stash a couple of times but just end up buying up the same kits all over again because I haven't really accepted the principle of only having the kits I need, not the ones I want!
Quote
Like
Share

Disorder
Kit reviewer
Kit reviewer
Joined: 20 Feb 2013 17:03

03 Jun 2018 16:43 #13

Hope the P1099 gets the mojo flowing again Chris.
I'm in the same boat at the minute, as well. Haven't done any modelling in weeks. Hopefully soon though :whistle
Regards, Paddy.
Quote
Like
Share

Olde Farte
Modelling God
Modelling God
Joined: 17 Dec 2012 15:17

03 Jun 2018 17:47 #14

Simon G wrote:
mac1677 wrote:I am looking at selling off about half my stash Simon, about 200 kits, I just have to go through them and decide what to keep :grin:
That's never an easy thing to do. I think it's a bit like giving up smoking, you have to do it mentally before you do it physically. I've culled my stash a couple of times but just end up buying up the same kits all over again because I haven't really accepted the principle of only having the kits I need, not the ones I want!
I found it hard but only have 36 now, all big 48th and plenty of resin.
Delboy AKA Papa Smurf


Manyana, "Maybe the job will be done tomorrow; Maybe the next day; Maybe the day after that; Or perhaps next week; Next month; Next year. Who really cares?"
Quote
Like
Share