1/32 F-100

smeds
Airbrush master
Airbrush master

10 May 2018 10:02 #1

Looking for a set of 1/32 F-100 drop tanks.

Olde Farte
Modelling God
Modelling God

10 May 2018 10:38 #2

Delboy AKA Papa Smurf

Manyana, "Maybe the job will be done tomorrow; Maybe the next day; Maybe the day after that; Or perhaps next week; Next month; Next year. Who really cares?"

smeds
Airbrush master
Airbrush master

11 May 2018 09:11 #3

Looking for these Del.

Olde Farte
Modelling God
Modelling God

11 May 2018 13:07 #4

smeds wrote:Looking for these Del.

No photo showing for me Andy.
Delboy AKA Papa Smurf

Manyana, "Maybe the job will be done tomorrow; Maybe the next day; Maybe the day after that; Or perhaps next week; Next month; Next year. Who really cares?"

Disorder
Kit reviewer
Kit reviewer

11 May 2018 17:59 #5

Nor for me.
Regards, Paddy.

smeds
Airbrush master
Airbrush master

12 May 2018 05:13 #6

Bugger, blooming technology !!!

Anyway, I'm after the long teardrop type tanks with the crossed fins at the tail end.

Olde Farte
Modelling God
Modelling God

12 May 2018 08:54 #7

smeds wrote:Bugger, blooming technology !!!

Anyway, I'm after the long teardrop type tanks with the crossed fins at the tail end.

You will go with these odd hosts, stick with Flickr or Tinypics and don't believe things people tell you about them, Tinypics has been owned for years by Photobucket and is still free. Flickr has changed hands but is still free. Oh and both are very simple to use.

OK re tanks, if you have the Trumpy kit I do believe they are in the box and these resin ones are designed to complement those.
Delboy AKA Papa Smurf

smeds
Airbrush master
Airbrush master

12 May 2018 09:50 #8

I have the Thunderbirds boxing of the Hun, it doesn't come with pylons, droppers or weapons. I have located some pylons and can get weapons, but the tanks are proving elusive.

Olde Farte
Modelling God
Modelling God

12 May 2018 10:28 #9

OK, if you are going for the T'birds version as far as I know they only used tanks for ferrying so I'm surprised the kit omits them for this reason but for displays they were usually clean.

If going for the warlike punchy versions you could get away with the resin versions and a few Mk-82 standard or Snakeyes or even rocket pods.
Delboy AKA Papa Smurf

TomTheCat
airbrush beginner
airbrush beginner
TomTheCat
airbrush beginner
airbrush beginner

12 May 2018 18:47 #10

I found this: LINK (Out of stock here, but perhaps you can find it elsewhere.) It contains parts to lengthen the Trumpeter fuel tanks which depict the early-style smaller ones.

Edit: Then again, I'm not quite sure if these are precisely the parts you need, perhaps they're for other fuel tanks carried by the F-100. But I read in a review somewhere that AMS Resin (Homepage) did a conversion kit for the early-style smaller Trumpeter tanks. Before hunting this particular resin kit, do your own research which of their products is the one for you.
"How can you shoot women and children?"
"Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much!"
Full Metal Jacket