Incomming SMS fails

Got a problem with MacroDroid? Post here for help and support.

Incomming SMS fails

March 4th, 2018, 10:34 am #1

Hello,
I tried to have a macro which makes a sound receiving a SMS from a specified number contains a specified text, but if I include a number in the incomming SMS trigger the macro starts the Sound every time I receive an SMS, even sometimes if I receive a mail?! I tried several different syntax like:
+49175123445
See Screenshot

Thanks in advanse
Ralf
Screenshot_20180304-102209.jpg
Screenshot_20180304-102209.jpg
Last edited by nonickatall on March 4th, 2018, 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 4th, 2018, 11:46 am #2

I think your screenshot has gone walkabout, please can you repost.

March 4th, 2018, 3:16 pm #3

Yes, on the online Version with Android I can not attache files..

It's a simple macro. I just want to hear a sound, when I receive from a specified number an sms which contains a specified word. I want to specify the number as number, not as contact, because i synchronize my contacts daily with exchange and andoid and macrodroid losses the contact. (Because of a changed ID I guess) 

I use *175.... because if I receive the sms in my country I receive +175.... as number. If I am in a foreign country I receive +49175... But I tried as well with +175 it did not work.. 

Best Regards
Ralf

March 12th, 2018, 9:41 pm #4

Nobody an Idea?

March 12th, 2018, 11:28 pm #5

Try one macro with two triggers, one for 1759123456, the other for 491759123456 - ?

March 13th, 2018, 9:05 pm #6

pseudocyclic wrote: Try one macro with two triggers, one for 1759123456, the other for 491759123456 - ?
thank you very much for your answer, but I guess my problem is not that the trigger “not reacts on the SMS“.

The problem is, that the trigger ignores the search string and run the macro each time I receive an SMS from this number, but additionally the trigger also runs the macro if I receive an internal message (no SMS) from the phone, like the “battery low warning“ or if I receive an email from my exchange account.

Do you have an idea?
Best regards
Ralf

UndeadCretin
Site Admin

March 15th, 2018, 11:28 pm #7

Please use the report a bug feature and attach relevant macros. It seems very unlikely that a battery low warning can trigger this (unless your system is doing something very weird).

Do you have any other macros with a notification that could be firing instead?

March 16th, 2018, 10:43 am #8

UndeadCretin wrote: Please use the report a bug feature and attach relevant macros. It seems very unlikely that a battery low warning can trigger this (unless your system is doing something very weird).

Do you have any other macros with a notification that could be firing instead?
That was a very good hint, now I have a very strange new problem?! ;-)

I disabled the macro to check if there is a second macro triggering, while an SMS comes in. I just did it, althoug I'm sure there isn't.

I use macrodroid very long and very intense. I use 74 macros, which I all programs myself.

But what should I say....

When I receive a message the sound still appears. So I searched my macros for that second macro, but I didn't find it. I searched for the function, I searched for the trigger and I additionally checked all my 74 macros manually.

There is no second macro which contains the SMS income function and no second macro which makes the tone I receive.

So I thought: maybe the disabling did not work, so I deleted the macro. But it's still make the tone?!?

So I disabled macrodroid to make sure that no other application, or the phone itself makes makes the tone.

And the tone is gone, so it must be a macro from macrodroid.

Is it possible that I copy the macro by accident in an early status without category that I don't see anymore?

How can I find this macro?

Best regards
Ralf

March 16th, 2018, 12:53 pm #9

I tested a little on my own and found out curious.

After I deleted the macro as described above (and 3 others I did not use in the past I had 70 macros left. Plus the expected hidden 71 which still works. 

I exported all my macros, deleted all my macros and imported them again. I hoped that the "hidden" one get's a catergorie and appears as No. 71. After the import there are still 70 macros, but the tone is gone when i receive a sms. So the lost macro probably was not imported. 

I programmed the macro again, just for test purposes i uses a specified contact in the trigger and no searchphrase. I used another tone as action and additionally a message which will appear while receiving a SMS. The macro works and i receive tone and message when i receive an SMS from the specified contact. 

But I was just happy for a few minute,... until I received an E-Mail from Nine via exchange. The new tone from the new macro sounds, but no message appears?!? 

So I disabled the new macro again and send me an new E-Mail. Tone appears, message not. 
I let send me a new SMS to the specified Contact. Tone appears, message not. 
I enabled the macro again and let me send again SMS to the specified Contact. Tone (only once) AND Message appears like expected. 

There must be a Bug in macrodroid.. 

March 16th, 2018, 1:17 pm #10

I suggest you export and delete half of your macros, see if the problem is still there, and restore. Then repeat with the other half to confirm. Once you know which half of your macros the problem is in, export and delete half of that half... and so on.