Android P broken features

The latest MacroDroid news and updates will be posted here.

Android P broken features

UndeadCretin
Site Admin
Joined: September 30th, 2012, 11:08 pm

May 9th, 2018, 8:05 am #1

I'm just starting to investigate Android P to see what delights wait in store for the breaking of MacroDroid as Google further restrict what apps can do in their annual attempt to make my life hell.

I will post broken things here just so people get a heads up of what will not be working soon!
Quote
Like
Share

UndeadCretin
Site Admin
Joined: September 30th, 2012, 11:08 pm

May 9th, 2018, 8:07 am #2

Wifi Hotspot enabling will NOT work in Android 9. I have spent quite some time finding a way to get it working (on most devices) on 7.1 - 8.0 and now it seems the way this is done via reflection is blacklisted by Google, so there is no prospect of this functioning. Stop tethering does currently still work but I guess it's generally not that useful without the enable working as well.
Quote
Like
Share

UndeadCretin
Site Admin
Joined: September 30th, 2012, 11:08 pm

May 10th, 2018, 10:27 am #3

Call Reject action no longer functions. This will probably become a root only feature for Android P+
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 19th, 2018, 2:36 pm

May 10th, 2018, 2:39 pm #4

Brightness seems to no longer change for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote
Like
Share

UndeadCretin
Site Admin
Joined: September 30th, 2012, 11:08 pm

May 10th, 2018, 8:18 pm #5

I don't see any issue setting brightness on Pixel 2 with Android P Beta.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 19th, 2018, 2:36 pm

May 10th, 2018, 8:23 pm #6

UndeadCretin wrote: I don't see any issue setting brightness on Pixel 2 with Android P Beta.
This no longer properly adjusts brightness up or down. It does start the screensaver though.
Screenshot_20180510-122205.png
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: December 30th, 2017, 4:00 pm

May 10th, 2018, 10:01 pm #7

Dan_Rhodes wrote:
UndeadCretin wrote: I don't see any issue setting brightness on Pixel 2 with Android P Beta.
This no longer properly adjusts  brightness up or down.  It does start the screensaver though.
Possibility related to the problem discussed here: increase-minumum-default-display-brightness-t4838.html
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 19th, 2018, 2:36 pm

May 10th, 2018, 10:04 pm #8

pseudocyclic wrote:
Dan_Rhodes wrote:
UndeadCretin wrote: I don't see any issue setting brightness on Pixel 2 with Android P Beta.
This no longer properly adjusts  brightness up or down.  It does start the screensaver though.
Possibility related to the problem discussed here: increase-minumum-default-display-brightness-t4838.html
It was pretty reliable before the Android P update. P had a new smart adaptive brightness that I would guess needs to be accounted for in MD
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 19th, 2018, 2:36 pm

June 19th, 2018, 12:10 am #9

My "read notification" with headphones macro has been broken since P beta came out this month.  The "read time" still works the same, so all the conditions are working, just the notification trigger seems dead.
Quote
Like
Share