Moderator: sylux102

Zelda64.net

sylux102
Advanced Member
sylux102
Advanced Member

May 18th, 2014, 5:19 am #1

I created this new forum. I am inviting all members here to join that as well. Keepin it short and sweet.

Here it is: http://forums.zelda64.net/index/
Last edited by sylux102 on May 18th, 2014, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.

Zeldaboy14
Advanced Member
Zeldaboy14
Advanced Member

May 18th, 2014, 5:51 am #2

So, where is the link to the site then? EDIT i Googled it, but it says it's down.
Last edited by Zeldaboy14 on May 18th, 2014, 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOT a Zelda rom hacker anymore. Gone back to Minecraft and Mario World Rom Hacking.

Jiyaro
Advanced Member
Jiyaro
Advanced Member

May 18th, 2014, 12:33 pm #3

For those of you who need a link, just look at the title of the thread. No big deal.

It's mentioned in the opening post of the introductory thread that zelda64.net is meant to be the "new Z64 ROM hacking hub". Aren't Maco and the GCN already the homes of Z64 hacking? Forums currently exist that serve the main purpose of zelda64.net. Maybe you created it with the intention of spawning one single hub, rather than having the community spread between several different forums. While that would make a little more sense, it would also be ultimately useless as there is little to no chance that you'll be able to steer people completely away from Maco and the GCN.

Nobody's stopping you, but unless Maco is getting shut down, I don't see why this is necessary. Some might argue that Maco is no longer solely a Z64 hacking community, but I'd have to disagree. The majority of threads on this site are related to the hacking of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, with a Super Mario 64 thread showing up every once in a while. Even SMW Central, a community clearly geared towards the hacking of Super Mario World, features threads every now and then that involve other non-Mario games.
Last edited by Jiyaro on May 18th, 2014, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sylux102
Advanced Member
sylux102
Advanced Member

May 18th, 2014, 5:48 pm #4

Jiyaro wrote:For those of you who need a link, just look at the title of the thread. No big deal.

It's mentioned in the opening post of the introductory thread that zelda64.net is meant to be the "new Z64 ROM hacking hub". Aren't Maco and the GCN already the homes of Z64 hacking? Forums currently exist that serve the main purpose of zelda64.net. Maybe you created it with the intention of spawning one single hub, rather than having the community spread between several different forums. While that would make a little more sense, it would also be ultimately useless as there is little to no chance that you'll be able to steer people completely away from Maco and the GCN.

Nobody's stopping you, but unless Maco is getting shut down, I don't see why this is necessary. Some might argue that Maco is no longer solely a Z64 hacking community, but I'd have to disagree. The majority of threads on this site are related to the hacking of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, with a Super Mario 64 thread showing up every once in a while. Even SMW Central, a community clearly geared towards the hacking of Super Mario World, features threads every now and then that involve other non-Mario games.
Im not saying anything, except that this IS necessary, and youll see why I created this in due time. Secondly, i highly suggest steering clear of the gcn. Theres some, well, not so great people in charge over there. Ill leave the details vague. Youll understand soon enough.
Last edited by sylux102 on May 18th, 2014, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jiyaro
Advanced Member
Jiyaro
Advanced Member

May 18th, 2014, 10:01 pm #5

sylux102 wrote:I ain't spillin' the beans, yo'.
Well, if you won't reveal to us your reasoning for the time being, then I guess I have no choice but to take your word for it. Count me in.

Having said this, if you're going to do it, you should do it right. The Zelda 64 hacking community has always been scattered, with information lying unorganized in several places around the web. This new forum should be kept clean, have well-documented information, and feature up-to-date downloads for as many hacking tools as can be found. Perhaps a new wiki would be in order?

And if you need a logo, I'm up for creating one, if you're not already on the job.
Last edited by Jiyaro on May 18th, 2014, 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mooliecool
Advanced Member
Mooliecool
Advanced Member

May 18th, 2014, 10:11 pm #6

Cant post introduction...
EDIT:cant post at all
Last edited by Mooliecool on May 18th, 2014, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jiyaro
Advanced Member
Jiyaro
Advanced Member

May 18th, 2014, 10:29 pm #7

Mooliecool wrote:Cant post introduction...
Sylux has the forum set up in a way that prevents new topics from being posted until it is approved by him or a moderator. Seeing as he is the only admin and there are no mods, it could be a while before your introduction passes through.

sylux102
Advanced Member
sylux102
Advanced Member

May 19th, 2014, 2:38 am #8

Jiyaro wrote:
Mooliecool wrote:Cant post introduction...
Sylux has the forum set up in a way that prevents new topics from being posted until it is approved by him or a moderator. Seeing as he is the only admin and there are no mods, it could be a while before your introduction passes through.
Fixed that. It was a mistake. Should be good to go now

Jiyaro
Advanced Member
Jiyaro
Advanced Member

May 19th, 2014, 9:39 am #9

sylux102 wrote:Fixed that. It was a mistake. Should be good to go now
Our topics remain unapproved.

xdaniel
Advanced Member
xdaniel
Advanced Member

May 19th, 2014, 12:14 pm #10

Uh-huh. "I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that this will be the new Z64 ROM hacking hub.", you say. If this was JSA for example, okay, but who are you to decide that? Just wondering.
Last edited by xdaniel on May 19th, 2014, 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.