Moderator: sylux102

OoT 2D 2014 Trailer and a new theme!

Flotonic
Advanced Member
Flotonic
Advanced Member

6:01 PM - Apr 01, 2014 #1

I have been away from Maco for a while. This is because I have been working on a new project based around an old idea: OoT 2D. The map used for Kokiri Forest was made by MaJoRa and GodsTurf has been a major help with graphics and testing.

The OoT 2D website theme is now in place for Maco, but all of the Maconians who prefer the old theme can select "Maco Classic" at the bottom of any page!

I haven't forgotten about Izou Zelda, but this is a good time to say that it is on hold until I can afford to pay an additional programmer to help remake OoT's base engine, as it is too much work for one person and it cannot be continued as a rom edit. Keep posting ideas, as it is a project that I definitely plan to get back to making!

sylux102
Advanced Member
sylux102
Advanced Member

6:26 PM - Apr 01, 2014 #2

Flotonic wrote:I have been away from Maco for a while. This is because I have been working on a new project based around an old idea: OoT 2D. The map used for Kokiri Forest was made by MaJoRa and GodsTurf has been a major help with graphics and testing.

The OoT 2D website theme is now in place for Maco, but all of the Maconians who prefer the old theme can select "Maco Classic" at the bottom of any page!

I haven't forgotten about Izou Zelda, but this is a good time to say that it is on hold until I can afford to pay an additional programmer to help remake OoT's base engine, as it is too much work for one person and it cannot be continued as a rom edit. Keep posting ideas, as it is a project that I definitely plan to get back to making!
Looks great! Hope to see this soon
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.

JabuJabule
Advanced Member
JabuJabule
Advanced Member

8:16 PM - Apr 01, 2014 #3

Welcome back, Flotonic! :)

Your trailer looks great, as well as the new site theme. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers, old buddy!

Flotonic
Advanced Member
Flotonic
Advanced Member

11:51 PM - Apr 01, 2014 #4

Thanks! We have been working diligently! B-)

sylux102
Advanced Member
sylux102
Advanced Member

11:53 PM - Apr 01, 2014 #5

Flotonic wrote:Thanks! We have been working diligently! B-)
If thheres anything you need let me know. I may be able to submit something
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.

Flotonic
Advanced Member
Flotonic
Advanced Member

12:05 AM - Apr 02, 2014 #6

Thanks. B-) Here are some sprites that are needed.

SoulofDeity
Advanced Member
SoulofDeity
Advanced Member

8:33 PM - Apr 12, 2014 #7

Looking great :)

Some suggestions though, try shifting the color of the enemies a bit to make them blink when you hit them, and add a deadzone box to the center of the screen where if Link is inside it, the camera won't move. It'll make it seem more like the camera is following Link rather than being attached to him.
Last edited by SoulofDeity on 8:33 PM - Apr 12, 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Flotonic
Advanced Member
Flotonic
Advanced Member

9:49 PM - Apr 12, 2014 #8

Thanks, and welcome back. B-)

Blinking will definitely be added for the Deku Baba. Can you elaborate more on how Link gets into and out of the deadzone?

SoulofDeity
Advanced Member
SoulofDeity
Advanced Member

10:22 PM - Apr 12, 2014 #9

Flotonic wrote:Thanks, and welcome back. B-)

Blinking will definitely be added for the Deku Baba. Can you elaborate more on how Link gets into and out of the deadzone?

Suppose your viewport is 4 * 4 in size. Rather than following the player every step they take, you designate a deadzone of 2 * 2.

Code: Select all

X X X X
X O O X
X L O X
X X X X
In the above diagram, Link is at L, O is part of the deadzone, and X is the live zone where the camera follows Link. If he takes one step right or up, the camera will not move at all. But if he takes one step left or down the camera will move.

Flotonic
Advanced Member
Flotonic
Advanced Member

11:34 PM - Apr 12, 2014 #10

I see what you mean. When Link is at whatever edge of the box, move the camera with Link. If Link is within the box, do not move the camera. Good idea. B-)