Moderator: sylux102

Izou Zelda Patch One Release

Flotonic
Advanced Member
Flotonic
Advanced Member
Joined: November 22nd, 2012, 2:40 pm

November 30th, 2013, 7:09 am #1


Patch one of Izou Zelda is now available! It was finished and released by the end of this month, as promised!

Download it and read the credits here: http://izou.maco64.com/

This is a small step for Zelda fans, but a giant leap for Zelda fan kind!
Quote
Like
Share

Mooliecool
Advanced Member
Mooliecool
Advanced Member
Joined: July 9th, 2013, 7:41 pm

November 30th, 2013, 8:17 am #2

:D WOOOOOOO IZOU ZELDA PATCH WOOOO :D
Quote
Like
Share

Zeldaman101
Member
Joined: September 4th, 2013, 9:04 am

November 30th, 2013, 10:40 am #3

Just finished it! Really amazing job on this you guys! ^^
Just have a one little criticism though. (I'll put it in a spoiler in case anyone reads this before playing the game.)
[+] Spoiler
I really think you should either remove or edit the hallway maze that leads down to the two Dinolfos. As seen in this and a few Mario 64 hacks I've played, narrow hallways and N64 games don't mix. It was especially frustrating getting there, being killed by the Dinolfos and having to navigate it again. I understand what you're going for here is a high difficulty level, but this is more of an annoyance than something difficult.
Last edited by Zeldaman101 on November 30th, 2013, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haruka is best waifu~
Quote
Like
Share

Mooliecool
Advanced Member
Mooliecool
Advanced Member
Joined: July 9th, 2013, 7:41 pm

November 30th, 2013, 1:41 pm #4

Zeldaman101 wrote:Just finished it! Really amazing job on this you guys! ^^
Just have a one little criticism though. (I'll put it in a spoiler in case anyone reads this before playing the game.)
[+] Spoiler
I really think you should either remove or edit the hallway maze that leads down to the two Dinolfos. As seen in this and a few Mario 64 hacks I've played, narrow hallways and N64 games don't mix. It was especially frustrating getting there, being killed by the Dinolfos and having to navigate it again. I understand what you're going for here is a high difficulty level, but this is more of an annoyance than something difficult.
I agree with that and also
[+] Spoiler
The keese on the brige and Link's Prison Cell are annoying too it took me forever to figure out how to get out of the cell or at least remove ONE keese because I keep getting gang r***ed, and every time I die from the spider I have to go all the way back to link's cell
But it's still fun and nice that you realesed it
Last edited by Mooliecool on November 30th, 2013, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quote
Like
Share

Bren
Advanced Member
Bren
Advanced Member
Joined: October 9th, 2013, 6:15 pm

November 30th, 2013, 2:21 pm #5

Congratulations to everyone that contributed excellent work.
Quote
Like
Share

GANONdork123
Advanced Member
GANONdork123
Advanced Member
Joined: June 19th, 2013, 8:23 pm

November 30th, 2013, 5:30 pm #6

Finally got the sword.
GANONdork123

Quote
Like
Share

GANONdork123
Advanced Member
GANONdork123
Advanced Member
Joined: June 19th, 2013, 8:23 pm

November 30th, 2013, 5:30 pm #7

Mooliecool wrote:
Zeldaman101 wrote:Just finished it! Really amazing job on this you guys! ^^
Just have a one little criticism though. (I'll put it in a spoiler in case anyone reads this before playing the game.)
[+] Spoiler
I really think you should either remove or edit the hallway maze that leads down to the two Dinolfos. As seen in this and a few Mario 64 hacks I've played, narrow hallways and N64 games don't mix. It was especially frustrating getting there, being killed by the Dinolfos and having to navigate it again. I understand what you're going for here is a high difficulty level, but this is more of an annoyance than something difficult.
I agree with that and also
[+] Spoiler
The keese on the brige and Link's Prison Cell are annoying too it took me forever to figure out how to get out of the cell or at least remove ONE keese because I keep getting gang r***ed, and every time I die from the spider I have to go all the way back to link's cell
But it's still fun and nice that you realesed it
for the whole spider bull i used a savestate so i would not have to escape the cell over and over again. i know i suck.
Last edited by GANONdork123 on November 30th, 2013, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GANONdork123

Quote
Like
Share

mariovstoad
Newbie
Joined: July 27th, 2013, 11:00 am

November 30th, 2013, 6:04 pm #8

Just finished it. It was really fun and challenging but here are a few annoyances / negativities that need to be sorted out:
[+] Spoiler
1: The spider enemies move too fast. They need to be slowed down to be slightly slower than links running speed (even backwalking / rolling i barely outsped them) also a slight stun when hit would be nice. The only effective way i could beat them was by backwalking, then quickly stabbing, then backwalking again.
2: A switch should be added to the other side of links cell to open it, so you don't have to go through the keese room again.
3: add deku nuts or something to just outside the door that leads into the one with 4 exits. that way the player can get past the Spiders to get the sword easier.
all in all good job! keep up the good work.
Last edited by mariovstoad on November 30th, 2013, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quote
Like
Share

Ideka
Advanced Member
Ideka
Advanced Member
Joined: March 4th, 2013, 8:17 pm

November 30th, 2013, 6:44 pm #9

Is it just me who have found the secret room yet? B-)
[+] Spoiler

"What?! You don't have my money?! How dare you! You'd better bring me my money...or else!" ~ Happy Mask Salesman
Youtube
Webpage
Quote
Like
Share

Zeldaman101
Member
Joined: September 4th, 2013, 9:04 am

November 30th, 2013, 8:30 pm #10

Ideka wrote:Is it just me who have found the secret room yet? B-)
[+] Spoiler

I found it too. :3
Haruka is best waifu~
Quote
Like
Share