Moderator: sylux102

How to take screenshots

SuperMarioHacksWii
Advanced Member
SuperMarioHacksWii
Advanced Member

March 9th, 2014, 5:42 pm #1

Hello. I decided to make this tutorial because some people are complete n00bs at computers or they just don't know how to capture a screenshot to show off pictures of Zelda mods or something. So this tutorial will show you how to take a screenshot of your computer screen. Let's get started.

NOTE: THIS TUTORIAL IS FOR MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP OPERATING SYSTEMS AND ABOVE ONLY!

WINDOWS XP:

-Make sure that what you wanna capture in the screenshot is being displayed on your screen.

-Hold the 'alt' key and press 'print screen' which is usually located above the backspace key. If you cannot find 'print screen' then the terms should be shortened to 'prt sc' or 'print scn' or something else abbreviated to mean 'print screen'.

-Now open up Microsoft Paint. (If you cannot find Paint then hold the Windows logo key located near the space bar and press the R key. The run command prompt should appear and type in Paint. The Run Command will close and Paint should open up. If not please leave a complaint for me so I can help).

-With Paint opened, right click and press paste. CTRL + V is also a paste shortcut. Your screenshot will appear.

-Now go to File>Save As... and name your screenshot.

-Choose the desired saving location for the file and click Save.

WINDOWS VISTA:

-Make sure to have exactly what you want captured being displayed.

-Hold the alt key and press the print screen key. It is usually located above the Backspace key.

-Now your screenshot is saved in your pictures folder.

WINDOWS 7:

-Hold the alt key and press the print screen key. It is usually located above the Backspace key.

WINDOWS 8:

-Hold the Windows logo key and press the print screen key. It is usually located above the Backspace key.

If anyone has questions, please feel free to leave them here so I may answer them. Or Google it.

LET ME SHOW YOU HOW. IT'S. DONE.