Moderator: sylux102

Adding enemy animations

Red Dingo

3:24 AM - May 17, 2014 #1

So I've been fiddling with Hylian tool box and I've made a new animation for the Deku Scrub: it's the sliding kick that Deku Link can do in MM. So the question I have is what do I need to do to make it an actual attack an uprooted Scrub might use that will send Link flying back?

I get the feeling it's some sort of collision detection value (if that's the right jargon) but I'm not too clear what I need to use to change that. I saw the tutorial about how to hex edited objects to the Rom but it seems only applicable to replacing one of the Scrub's animations with the new one. I'd rather it be an addition to the Scrub's current move set. However, even if I settle for replacing, I still don't know how to give the animation impact.

Any help or am I just sounding like a mad man?

SanguinettiMods
Advanced Member
SanguinettiMods
Advanced Member

5:18 PM - May 17, 2014 #2

http://forums.maco64.com/topic/830892/1/#new

I wouldn't know how to add collision to new animations, but my suggestion would be to find an animation that actually damages Link already. You can edit the frame count manually with a Hex Editor and then replace the frames. If you already made the animation, it wouldn't be that hard to type the values you already made. This guarantees that when the Deku Scrub at least touches Link, he will get hurt. From there, you can edit the damage effect. "Knockback" as it were.