Moderator: sylux102

Fiction
Advanced Member
Fiction
Advanced Member

April 28th, 2014, 3:09 am #31

When you are making the logo i suggest you use this as some sort of base for it.

Suggested base.

SuperMarioHacksWii
Advanced Member
SuperMarioHacksWii
Advanced Member

April 28th, 2014, 3:44 am #32

Flotonic wrote:RealVengeance: Agreed. B-)

SuperMarioHacksWii: I dig your idea. B-) The logo may be a little hard on the eyes. Do you think you can remaster it with SNES-like sprites? At the original SNES scale, of course? It can be scaled to 200% with no interpolation afterwards if necessary. Other than that, you have a good idea. ;)
I agree that it does seem hard on the eyes Flo, so I'll remake my design as a smaller image and less photo-shop. But it'll still have some effects though, just not an overdose. Just wait till you see it. B-)

LET ME SHOW YOU HOW. IT'S. DONE.

Flotonic
Advanced Member
Flotonic
Advanced Member

April 28th, 2014, 6:04 am #33

Good idea. B-)

Epic logos so far, everyone. I am impressed. ;)

SuperMarioHacksWii
Advanced Member
SuperMarioHacksWii
Advanced Member

April 30th, 2014, 11:52 pm #34

Here's my logo with no effects on it. I'm gonna try and add minimal effects on it if they're needed.

RenderStepped

May 1st, 2014, 12:58 am #35

Wow, never knew Maco64 had such aspiring graphic designers. Good job to all of you! ;)

Flotonic
Advanced Member
Flotonic
Advanced Member

May 1st, 2014, 1:25 am #36

Amazing. B-) My only suggestion now would be to scale the characters without interpolation so they wouldn't be blurred, but it looks epic. B-)

Warya's version: https://www.copy.com/s/nk9NkNwXuBvQzaSh/maco.png

SuperMarioHacksWii
Advanced Member
SuperMarioHacksWii
Advanced Member

May 1st, 2014, 1:32 am #37

Flotonic wrote:Amazing. B-) My only suggestion now would be to scale the characters without interpolation so they wouldn't be blurred, but it looks epic. B-)

Warya's version: https://www.copy.com/s/nk9NkNwXuBvQzaSh/maco.png
Alright. Will do. But when the image gets resized won't they appear non-blurry? I can't find any HD copies of the sprites. Only direct rips. I could try resizing it maybe. And about Warya's version of the logo, is it possible I can use that for the logo? It seems more playful to me. I like the GameCube font I'm using already though so no sweat if not. B-)

Here's another version of my logo, this just has a lit MACO in it.

Jiyaro
Advanced Member
Jiyaro
Advanced Member

May 1st, 2014, 1:47 am #38

SuperMarioHacksWii wrote:But when the image gets resized won't they appear non-blurry? I can't find any HD copies of the sprites. Only direct rips. I could try resizing it maybe.
Resize them with MSPaint. Other programs like Photoshop or GIMP feather images when you scale them, while going into Paint and using the "Resize and Skew" option does not.

SuperMarioHacksWii
Advanced Member
SuperMarioHacksWii
Advanced Member

May 1st, 2014, 2:00 am #39

Jiyaro wrote:
SuperMarioHacksWii wrote:But when the image gets resized won't they appear non-blurry? I can't find any HD copies of the sprites. Only direct rips. I could try resizing it maybe.
Resize them with MSPaint. Other programs like Photoshop or GIMP feather images when you scale them, while going into Paint and using the "Resize and Skew" option does not.
But doesn't paint not support .png files? I'll try but last time I checked MSPaint didn't support .png files.

Jiyaro
Advanced Member
Jiyaro
Advanced Member

May 1st, 2014, 2:16 am #40

SuperMarioHacksWii wrote:But doesn't paint not support .png files? I'll try but last time I checked MSPaint didn't support .png files.