worried sick please help!!!

December 6th, 2011, 9:43 pm #1

I recently discovered I had a painless canker sore underneath my tongue on floor of mouth, this was on Nov. 17, 2011 it healed. But now I have a small bubble like thing in the same place. Sometimes it looks like its going away then it comes right back. I tried popping it but it always comes back. I got tested for syphilis because I thought it could be it, but results were negative. Could it be a mucocele or a ranula? I'm so worried and I don't have dental insurance! Can a regular doctor diagnose me??

purple rain
rookie

December 10th, 2011, 4:11 pm #2

Hi,

It sounds like you have a ranula like I had, I got mine from being on a plane on holiday, as the plane came into land I felt something go pop in my mouth, I then had a lump there which got bigger. I tried mouthwash, salt, sea salt, baking powder, you name it I tried it. After a month or two I went to the dentist and he said it would have to be removed via operation, HOWEVER....

After being at the dentist, I decided to cut down on fizzy drinks and drink tea instead. I also flossed, kept my mouth clean and used non alcohol mouthwash which was kinder to my mouth. I left the ranula alone and also started sleeping on my back, I think this helped draw fluid away from the ranula and allowed it to heal.

After about 3 weeks of this, the ranula had shrunk down to a bead size and eventually went away. It has now healed completely.

Hope this helps you, try sleeping on your back and being kinder to your mouth, don't go mad with the mouth wash you only need 30 seconds worth before bed. But most importantly, leave it to heal.

December 11th, 2011, 7:42 am #3

I will try that! Since I last posted it has gone down more, but the clearish color is turning bloody. I don't know if its because I gargled with hydrogen peroxide. I just hope it does go away soon. I've being having bad anxiety just worrying about it! So bad that I'm getting burning sensations on my neck and face!!!

bemoniri
rookie
bemoniri
rookie

December 13th, 2011, 12:27 pm #4

I hope it get better soon