odd lump on rim of my upper lip... :o

haruhatsu004
rookie

August 11th, 2010, 4:43 pm #1

sooo ive had this weird tough lump on the rim of my upper lip for about a week and a half now. its weird because i could have sworn that for a while before it appeared there a was a tiny zit sitting in the exact same spot... is it possible that zit has become seriously infected? the thing is, it appeared a day after i had hastily cut off my mustache before going to work. so this entire time i had labeled it as an ingrown hair... but ive had ingrown hairs before and something tells me this isnt one. is it possible that this is one of those mucoceles im hearing about... or is it something completely different from the things i named. anything helps :'(

Click here to view the attachmentClick here to view the attachment

bearbear2211
rookie

November 23rd, 2012, 4:45 pm #2

Well, I don't know if it is a mucocele although I got one just the other day that looks exactly like  yours and no one else seems to have it without it being drastic, before you got to bed hold some ice in a paper towel on it until even after it's gone numb and then go to sleep, in the morning I found it to be gone, if that's not the case for you then I'm not sure.