How long did your stitches come out?

You've gotten that Mucocele removed, so now what? Talk about recovery here.

How long did your stitches come out?

mz970
rookie
mz970
rookie

February 8th, 2018, 10:30 pm #1

Hello everyone! I am so glad to come across this forum and I've found a lot of useful information.

I had a mucocele removal surgery 3 days ago, and I got 3 dissolvable stitches. The surgery was very quick and painless, and I was told by the surgeon that I could basically eat everything I want, but still I've been avoiding all the solid food and had yogurt and soft food most of the time.

I noticed that one of the stitches fell out yesterday, and I can tell that another one is going to fall out very soon. Is it normal for stitches to come out so soon? I haven't felt much pain or discomfort in the surgery area, but I am somehow concerned about the recovery. Should I be worried? And can anyone tell me how long your recovery take, and how long did your stitches come out?

Thank you so much, and I wish everyone health and happiness!

Deargbeal
rookie

March 7th, 2018, 4:50 pm #2

Im 16 days post surgery and my stitches started dissolving after 3 days as well.  When I questioned this, the office of my surgeon told me they can start dissolving at any time and that was normal. 
As for healing, my wound is still not completely closed , im still more swollen on that side, and i have a dip/depression in my lip. Surgeon just keeps saying all is fine and to give it time...