Castng News/Interview - Forbes Out

6:49 PM - Oct 28, 2009 #1

dkp

7:20 PM - Oct 28, 2009 #2

Thanks! I'm not surprised by him leaving nor the behind the scene stuff (which I find the most interesting) I have several thoughts on that, but wont be able to post them until later tonight. Off to work soon.

-------------------------------------
DeRo reunited 9/29/09...about damn F*ing time!!!

8:35 PM - Oct 28, 2009 #3

Enjoy your work day !

9:58 PM - Oct 28, 2009 #4

Wow. Love his honesty. Doesn't bode well for the future of L/N, does it?
Check out my column GAYS OF OUR LIVES at AfterElton.com

10:17 PM - Oct 28, 2009 #5

Apparently the interview has been edited since it first appeared earlier today...this FM quote has apparently been edited out:

"I guarantee you that World Turns will be off the air in a year — if the Procter & Gamble product boycott continues."

dkp

2:22 AM - Oct 29, 2009 #6

Well good thing I never turned off my computer, I still have the original, unedited interview loaded up.

VERY interesting in what still goes on behind the scenes. Nuke fans should really be pissed and boycot or something. P&G is trying to have it both ways here. No matter how much they nuder Nuke, the AFA and people boycotting/offended are not going to happy until Nuke is off the show. Simple as that. P&G needs to make a decision here, either tell the Nuke story right and screw the boy-cotters, or if pleasing the boycotters is more important to them, end Nuke and give them a happy ending or ask if Y&R/B&B wants them.

I definitely agree Nuke needs to be "more gay". Not queens per say, but an average new viewer would take them a while before they realized Luke and Noah are a gay couple. (I'm honestly tired of this "straight-acting" gay trend. How about a few effeminate gays? Not, walking stereotypes, but you what I mean.)

It's really sad how daytime first gay couple is being treated like this.
Clearly JP hasn't been in charge of this show for a long time. CG runs the show, and now maybe DK as well.

I"m SO glad OLTL does not have to deal with this. ABC/Disney gets boycotted all the time for various reasons and they ignore them. Disney wants the "gay dollar".
Last edited by dkp on 2:25 AM - Oct 29, 2009, edited 1 time in total.

2:55 AM - Oct 29, 2009 #7

Good for them!

Good post, Patrick. I really agree with you on all points.

The fans should be pissed, but they are too busy being mad at Nelson and Forbes.
Last edited by AnthonyL on 2:56 AM - Oct 29, 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my column GAYS OF OUR LIVES at AfterElton.com

dkp

3:21 AM - Oct 29, 2009 #8

Thanks. P&G is trying to please everyone with this "middle ground" that doesn't exist and pleases no one. OLTL/ABC has a completely different attitude, they are treating their gays like everyone else and if you don't like it, tough shit, don't watch then. That's the attitude ATWT needs to have.

Yeah, the Nukers are so pissed at FM and NB, which are the wrong people to be mad at. Some think they made all this stuff up, cause LL/Brian never said anything like this and you know, Luke & Noah touch, etc, etc, etc. Really? I don't think it's made up at all. They are clearly being censored and treated poorly, and some Nukers are too dumb to realize it. I do not feel sorry for them. Who I do feel sorry for is the actors, directors, and writers. How are they supposed to do their jobs, when every little thing has to be cleared by the higher ups? You can't tell a story or do your job that way. If OLTL had to deal with this, even with a great (and gay) writer like Ron, Kish would not be as great as they are.

Last edited by dkp on 3:25 AM - Oct 29, 2009, edited 2 times in total.