Medical Costs for Next Year

The 2009 Open Enrollment "yellow envelope" will be sent in early November. There will be information available on 0ctober 19 about the plans. The pricing will be in the "yellow envelope" on November 9. Please post your thoughts and experiences here,

Medical Costs for Next Year

October 27th, 2009, 3:13 pm #1

the way I figure it, I'm not going to receive a Pension Check anymore,but will rather get a bill from Lucent since my medical costs are going up in excess of the small amount I now recieve@

November 28th, 2009, 9:42 pm #2

After having a long careful debate with myself I dropped the LU Family Survivor health insurance.
It was a frightening decision to make but, between the job coverage (health, prescription, dental, vision) of which I pay 5300, the LTC insurance 5208, and LU crappy traditional indemnity policy with its high deductibles, high prescription with nothing else 8460, as a self supporting widow with no minor children, I was paying 18,968 per annum. If the LU coverage was equal to my company's, even if it cost more, I would have kept the LU because I know it will be there at least until I am 65.
Of course I am terrified of losing my job (59 1/2), but I flat out could not cover my monthly bills anymore because of the LU policy. It became a burden. FYI, during the 3 years I had it, they paid out a little over 500. What a rip-off.

February 22nd, 2010, 3:58 pm #3

Glad to find a board that is relevant to my current issues, looking forward to the discussions. Right there with you. Between my medications and my wife's doctor visits and such, we are going absolutely broke. I wish I would have never paid into into pension and was able to invest that money when I made it. Every system we once thought was a sure thing is slowly breaking. We need people making decisions, not dollar signs.

My Websites
goldenrule.com www.goldenrule.com MNUI www.hccmis.com

February 22nd, 2010, 9:00 pm #4

SPAM!!!