Loose Change On Belgium Television

thondermonst

Aug 17 2006, 08:16 PM #1

On 08/21 Belgian television channel Canvas will air a shortened version of "Loose Change" in Terzake Zomer. In summer the program Terzake shows foreign documentairies on important events en issues. Canvas is the second "official" dutch-speaking television channel, and aims at as they called it a few years back "people who seek extend value", whatever that means. This program reaches between 200 000 and 300 000 people in summertime.

There is also an two page article on this program in the popular Belgian magazine Humo.

Link in dutch:

http://www.humo.be/cps/rde/xchg/humo/hs ... _3782.html

kutibah
kutibah

Aug 17 2006, 08:43 PM #2

Go to babel.altavista.com and put in the link and select "Dutch to English". You'll then have the webpage in English ;)
Benjamin Franklin:

"Those who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither."

peace.be

Aug 17 2006, 09:16 PM #3

thondermonst @ Aug 17 2006, 10:16 PM wrote: On 08/21 Belgian television channel Canvas will air a shortened version of "Loose Change" in Terzake Zomer. In summer the program Terzake shows foreign documentairies on important events en issues. Canvas is the second "official" dutch-speaking television channel, and aims at as they called it a few years back "people who seek extend value", whatever that means. This program reaches between 200 000 and 300 000 people in summertime.

There is also an two page article on this program in the popular Belgian magazine Humo.

Link in dutch:

Welcome thondermonst !

Thanks for the links and welcome to the forum. Am I wrong to assume you are from Belgium ?

I didn't like the way Humo ended their story, and I almost canceled my subscription today. I'll see what the next weeks bring, but if they keep this act up, I'm trough with it, while I'm reading it since the age of 12.

Stock
Stock

Aug 18 2006, 07:33 AM #4

Thx for mentioning this! Amazing that Canvas is doing this. I emailed the channel numerous times about this in the past and this really paid off I see. The documentairy will air next monday 21/08. I will tape it and put it on youtube asap [salute]

peace.be

Aug 18 2006, 06:05 PM #5

Stock @ Aug 18 2006, 09:33 AM wrote: Thx for mentioning this! Amazing that Canvas is doing this. I emailed the channel numerous times about this in the past and this really paid off I see. The documentairy will air next monday 21/08. I will tape it and put it on youtube asap [salute]
Awsome, I also mailed a few times, but never got any response, did you ?

PS: if you are interested in becoming "more active", together with other Belgian ppl (to start with), send me a priv. msg.

thondermonst

Aug 19 2006, 12:43 AM #6

hi everyone,

yes, I am from Belgium. And yes, I also mailed Canvas a couple of times but never got an answer. But last May I met a friend who works for Canvas and I mentioned "Loose Change" to her. I haven't seen her since so I don't know if she's got anything to do with it. She's one of the people who make 'Keerpunt', a must-see program for people who are interested in belgian history.

And yes, the ending of the article in Humo was crap. I buy it almost weekly because there is no alternative (I liked Deng & Mao but they didn't last). They (Humo) call them self progressive but in fact they are quite narrow-minded.

It's funny writing in English when you know that the people reading it are probably Dutch speaking.

PS: what's up with this site? I tried to access it all day but it always timed out.

peace.be

Aug 19 2006, 01:26 AM #7

thondermonst @ Aug 19 2006, 02:43 AM wrote: hi everyone,

yes, I am from Belgium. And yes, I also mailed Canvas a couple of times but never got an answer. But last May I met a friend who works for Canvas and I mentioned "Loose Change" to her. I haven't seen her since so I don't know if she's got anything to do with it. She's one of the people who make 'Keerpunt', a must-see program for people who are interested in belgian history.

And yes, the ending of the article in Humo was crap. I buy it almost weekly because there is no alternative (I liked Deng & Mao but they didn't last). They (Humo) call them self progressive but in fact they are quite narrow-minded.

It's funny writing in English when you know that the people reading it are probably Dutch speaking.

PS: what's up with this site? I tried to access it all day but it always timed out.
Yo,

I also talked to some1 who works at the vrt, a personal friend, he told me a few months ago that they "weren't ready" for this kinda news (or the people).
For the time-outs, many of us experience them, maybe because of the popularity nowadays, I think there's a thread on it somewhere on this forum. Basicly if you want to go to the forum, it's better to use the direct link http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Chang ... /index.php

greetz

Stock
Stock

Aug 21 2006, 06:05 PM #8

It's starting in 2 mins [thumbsup]

thondermonst

Aug 22 2006, 09:28 AM #9

It was ok I guess, seemed a bit hurried and I am not sure I would have done the same selection. The things that really bothered me were the ending, apparently they had no second to loose, and the subtitles. The person in charge of the subtitles clearly hadn't a clue, a B-25, seriously...

So, now let's see what they have for us tonight. Has anybody seen this documentary yet?

Punk77
Punk77

Aug 22 2006, 09:44 AM #10

thondermonst @ Aug 22 2006, 11:28 AM wrote: The person in charge of the subtitles clearly hadn't a clue, a B-25, seriously...
What's wrong with that? It was a B-25...

thondermonst

Aug 22 2006, 07:03 PM #11

Punk77 @ Aug 22 2006, 10:44 AM wrote:
thondermonst @ Aug 22 2006, 11:28 AM wrote: The person in charge of the subtitles clearly hadn't a clue, a B-25, seriously...
What's wrong with that? It was a B-25...
Doh!

You're right, I am gonna check the movie later because I really thought they said B-52. It's time to freshen up on my knowledge of military planes.

Thanks for pointing out my error.

Martian
Martian

Aug 22 2006, 08:58 PM #12

I would like so much LC appearing on the RTBF for the French speaking Belgian who have difficulties to understand English or dutch or both with French subtitles... If anyone can help me, it would be great ! [thumbsup] ( I currently speak 3 languages : French which is my native language, Dutch and English, I would like to add Spanish and another language I gonna chose in the future but this is a bit off-topic )

The only patriotic act is telling the truth and not lies to save yourself.

thondermonst

Aug 23 2006, 06:34 PM #13

Martian @ Aug 22 2006, 09:58 PM wrote: I would like so much LC appearing on the RTBF for the French speaking Belgian who have difficulties to understand English or dutch or both with French subtitles... If anyone can help me, it would be great ! [thumbsup] ( I currently speak 3 languages : French which is my native language, Dutch and English, I would like to add Spanish and another language I gonna chose in the future but this is a bit off-topic )
Yes, that would be great. A lot of French speaking people aren't used to subtitles, so a dubbed version would be welcome. Great language skills, Martian! I know learnng Dutch isn't easy, my wife used to say impossible (here mothertongue is also French). I was just thinking today that learning a language was maybe a good idea... dunno wich so if you have a good suggestion, let me know.

Akufen
Akufen

Aug 23 2006, 11:52 PM #14

Chinese will come in handy sooner or later :P

dvader
dvader

Aug 24 2006, 12:13 AM #15

thondermonst @ Aug 17 2006, 08:16 PM wrote:On 08/21 Belgian television channel Canvas will air a shortened version of "Loose Change" in Terzake Zomer. In summer the program Terzake shows foreign documentairies on important events en issues. Canvas is the second "official" dutch-speaking television channel, and aims at as they called it a few years back "people who seek extend value", whatever that means. This program reaches between 200 000 and 300 000 people in summertime.

Link in dutch:

Well this documentary eventualy led me to this page. The day after Loose Change was aired another documentary was shown on Canvas about leftwing activist Thierry Meyssan and how this guy has profited from his consipary-theorie on 911.
And I don't see any reason to believe Loose Change or any of the others. There is to much money (and politics) involved in this conspiracy-businness.

Greetings from Belgium
DVader

Akufen
Akufen

Aug 24 2006, 12:25 PM #16

dvader @ Aug 24 2006, 12:13 AM wrote:
thondermonst @ Aug 17 2006, 08:16 PM wrote:On 08/21 Belgian television channel Canvas will air a shortened version of "Loose Change" in Terzake Zomer. In summer the program Terzake shows foreign documentairies on important events en issues. Canvas is the second "official" dutch-speaking television channel, and aims at as they called it a few years back "people who seek extend value", whatever that means. This program reaches between 200 000 and 300 000 people in summertime.

Link in dutch:

Well this documentary eventualy led me to this page. The day after Loose Change was aired another documentary was shown on Canvas about leftwing activist Thierry Meyssan and how this guy has profited from his consipary-theorie on 911.
And I don't see any reason to believe Loose Change or any of the others. There is to much money (and politics) involved in this conspiracy-businness.

Greetings from Belgium
DVader
And you don't feel the same way about the other side of the story?

Lots of people you accuse of being in it for the money have spent more money to make their movies than they received from them. After all, most of them are freely available on the internet with their consent.

http://www.jonhs.net/911/
http://universalseed.org/

I can't believe people bought the "they are in it for the money" accusation.

Good job canvas! [yawn]

Cary
Veteran
Cary
Veteran

Aug 24 2006, 02:23 PM #17

dvader @ Aug 23 2006, 07:13 PM wrote:

Link in dutch:

Greetings from Belgium
DVader
One post and you're already on thin ice. You don't know what you're talking about. Dylan Avery and the Louder Than Words crew have turned down several seven figure offers for their movie Loose Change. If you don't believe any of it, why are you here? If you're skeptical with questions, that's one thing. If you're here to be disruptive you won't last long.

dvader
dvader

Aug 24 2006, 06:25 PM #18

Cary @ Aug 24 2006, 02:23 PM wrote:
dvader @ Aug 23 2006, 07:13 PM wrote:

Link in dutch:

Greetings from Belgium
DVader
One post and you're already on thin ice. You don't know what you're talking about. Dylan Avery and the Louder Than Words crew have turned down several seven figure offers for their movie Loose Change. If you don't believe any of it, why are you here? If you're skeptical with questions, that's one thing. If you're here to be disruptive you won't last long.
Well isn't it sad. Is this typical American? That's why you lot are so hated so much over here in Europe. You have a conspirary - you a have filmmaker - and the money rolls in. That's a fact.
But what do you want exactly? Do want you want the truth or are you are just preaching nonsens to a bunch of 16 year old converts?t I did excactly what was in top-page : examine the fact and made up my mind. If you - as an über-moderator- are going to censor me ;well that just is going to prove my point. Choose your enemy with care ,my friend. One day you be like them...And you are already very close....In fact very much closer to Bush that I am.....

Have a good day !!

Cary
Veteran
Cary
Veteran

Aug 24 2006, 06:35 PM #19

Again, dvader, why are you here? Better have a good story. And most of the members here are not "16 yr. old converts." I'm 52. More disruption will not get you friends here. What research have you done? Watched one film? That's it? Or have you done more than that?

dvader
dvader

Aug 24 2006, 06:45 PM #20

Akufen @ Aug 24 2006, 12:25 PM wrote:

Link in dutch:

Greetings from Belgium
DVader

Lots of people you accuse of being in it for the money have spent more money to make their movies than they received from them. After all, most of them are freely available on the internet with their consent.

Good job canvas! [yawn]
Their money? How do you know? Most filmmakers are from the upperclasses. Surely , you understand someone working in a factory dont have the time and the money to investigate 911. Films are rich-kids toys man.

Canvas was highly criticised in the Morgen today to have show this documentary. Don't shoot on the messenger. I am 53 and lived through all the sixties-lies....

Cary
Veteran
Cary
Veteran

Aug 24 2006, 06:58 PM #21

Their money? How do you know? Most filmmakers are from the upperclasses. Surely , you understand someone working in a factory dont have the time and the money to investigate 911. Films are rich-kids toys man.

Canvas was highly criticised in the Morgen today to have show this documentary. Don't shoot on the messenger. I am 53 and lived through all the sixties-lies....
And you show you don't know what you're talking about. Loose Change was made with a laptop and $6,000. Ain't exactly what I'd call a "high budget" film. The LTW crew used a lot of news footage from 9/11 that was widely available.

Akufen
Akufen

Aug 24 2006, 07:08 PM #22

dvader @ Aug 24 2006, 06:45 PM wrote:
Akufen @ Aug 24 2006, 12:25 PM wrote:

Link in dutch:

Greetings from Belgium
DVader

Good job canvas! [yawn]

I have no money on my bankaccount and no job, I could've made one.. easily, it just takes know-how, not money. You don't have time because you have a job? Well I'm sure you could free some if you really wanted to, after all you choose what you do in live don't you?

peace.be

Aug 24 2006, 09:25 PM #23

dvader @ Aug 24 2006, 08:25 PM wrote: Well isn't it sad. Is this  typical American? That's why you lot are so hated so much over here in Europe. You have a conspirary - you a have filmmaker - and the money rolls in.  That's a fact.
But what do you want exactly? Do want you want the truth or are you are just preaching nonsens to a bunch of 16 year old converts?t I did excactly what was in  top-page : examine the fact and made up my mind.  If you - as an über-moderator-  are going to censor me ;well that just is going to prove my point. Choose your enemy with care ,my friend. One day you be like them...And you are already very close....In fact very much closer to Bush that I am.....

Have a good day !!
Hmm, take it easy, lad.

Typical American ? That's why they are hated so much over here ?
Don't you have seconds thought when writing that down ?
I've been to the usa, and I love Americans and their country and every other human being on this planet, but i despise the way things work nowadays, while most of the us government is in on this, or lets it happen.
We have a conspiracy, we have tons of people making films, books and websites, some of them might earn a litte buck, but most of them just do it because they see truth and care.
The way canvas handled it, was very biased and plain wrong.
Preeching nonsense to a bunch of 16yr olds ?
You think kids are weak targets for our statements? Sure, for reason and empathy, which you lose as you grow older if you're willing to be fully part of the system, one way or the other. This happens because they are being bombarded from all sides with fear, hate, money-issues/joys, materialistic thinking, stereotypes, personal trauma, environment, habits, rituels, you name it.
For the remaining statements, you felt offended by a mod, that's common, be cool and don't say stuff like "choose your enemy..."
Most of us have chosen a goal, not an enemy.

peace

thondermonst

Aug 25 2006, 03:41 PM #24

The second documentary was really lousy, they just went after the messengers. Not one of the questions asked in LC was answered. The most shocking part was that sociology guy who had the nerve to state that the questions posed by the "911 conspiracy theorists" were questions that couldn't be asked. Why? I don't know...

Can someone give more details on the second documentary, because I have some doubts about who is behind this. It wasn't made to debunk 911-conspiracies, just to put some 911-critics in a very bad light.

Akufen
Akufen

Aug 25 2006, 05:38 PM #25

thondermonst @ Aug 25 2006, 03:41 PM wrote: Can someone give more details on the second documentary, because I have some doubts about who is behind this. It wasn't made to debunk 911-conspiracies, just to put some 911-critics in a very bad light.
Here's some more info, although nog alot, and apparantly canvas took the info about the docu from their weekly overview.. go figure.

http://www.humo.be/cps/rde/xchg/humo/hs ... _3783.html

Dat argument wordt in de reportage 'Le 11 septembre n'a pas eu lieu' overtuigend weerlegd door een militair expert, generaal Jacques Rolland, die optreedt als rechtbankdeskundige inzake vliegtuigcrashes.

Lousy english translation:

"That argument is refuted in the documentary 'Le 11 septembre n'a pas eu lieu' by a military expert, general Jacques Rolland, who is a court-authority concerning planecrashes"