Latest news

White House To Judge: Don't Probe Cia Tapes

IVXX
Advanced Member
IVXX
Advanced Member

Dec 17 2007, 05:51 PM #1

Administration says it was not obligated to keep video of interrogations

WASHINGTON - The Bush administration told a federal judge it was not obligated to preserve videotapes of CIA interrogations of suspected terrorists and urged the court not to look into the tapes' destruction.

In court documents filed Friday night, government lawyers told U.S. District Judge Henry H. Kennedy that demanding information about the tapes would interfere with current investigations by Congress and the Justice Department.

It was the first time the government had addressed the issue of the videotapes in court.

Whole story at MSNBC
"He told me there was new intel on Iran.
He just didn't tell me what it was."
~ George W. Bush

seeker135
Advanced Member
seeker135
Advanced Member

Dec 17 2007, 07:16 PM #2

IVXX @ Dec 17 2007, 12:51 PM wrote: Administration says it was not obligated to keep video of interrogations

WASHINGTON - The Bush administration told a federal judge it was not obligated to preserve videotapes of CIA interrogations of suspected terrorists and urged the court not to look into the tapes' destruction.

In court documents filed Friday night, government lawyers told U.S. District Judge Henry H. Kennedy that demanding information about the tapes would interfere with current investigations by Congress and the Justice Department.

It was the first time the government had addressed the issue of the videotapes in court.

Whole story at MSNBC
Nothing to see here, people, move along, move along.

@ IVXX "Military Solution" two words that don't make sense together. B)
Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.
This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs: When he first appears, he is a protector. Plato

YOUR DISBELIEF DOES NOT CREATE AN ALTERNATIVE REALITY

WE ARE THE CANARIES IN THE AMERICAN COAL MINE/POLITICAL SYSTEM. IGNORE US AT YOUR PERIL.

look-up
Advanced Member
look-up
Advanced Member

Dec 17 2007, 09:36 PM #3

yea they're basically saying, "don't investigate how we're investigating, because it might compromise the way we are investigating,"

I wish people weren't so braindead, but they probably will just accept that because one agency is inspecting the actions of another, that it will somehow uncover the truth... yea f-ing right!
-------------------------------------------------------
Come pull the sheet over my eyes
so I can sleep tonight
despite what I have seen today
I've found you guilty of a crime
of sleeping at a time
when you should have been wide awake

WIDE AWAKE!!!!!!!
by Audioslave

Terrorcell
Advanced Member
Terrorcell
Advanced Member

Dec 17 2007, 11:22 PM #4

:ph43r: Trust us we did nothing wrong. If we come across some wrong doing rest assure we will promo, I mean discipline those responsible.
REICHSTAG 911 : PART I : THE NEW WORLD ORDER & 9/11

REICHSTAG 911 : PART II : THE DEATH OF FREEDOM IN AMERICA
With such intense technical planning in other aspects do you not think they would have said we shouldn't :

A) hit the (light) poles
B ) blow up the WTC
C) blow up WTC7
D) fake hijackers
E) bomb the GWB bridge
F) fake bin laden taps

because the guys on the Internet will figure it out?
See if you can guess the correct answer for what came out of a "9/11 Truther"!!

seeker135
Advanced Member
seeker135
Advanced Member

Dec 19 2007, 02:30 AM #5

Terrorcell @ Dec 17 2007, 06:22 PM wrote: :ph43r: Trust us we did nothing wrong. If we come across some wrong doing rest assure we will promo, I mean discipline those responsible.
Too bad, W. The judge doesn't have the demented priorities you do. Investigation goes forward.
Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.
This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs: When he first appears, he is a protector. Plato

YOUR DISBELIEF DOES NOT CREATE AN ALTERNATIVE REALITY

WE ARE THE CANARIES IN THE AMERICAN COAL MINE/POLITICAL SYSTEM. IGNORE US AT YOUR PERIL.

Confirmation of reply: