The "don't Taze Me Bro" Guy...

Kibitzing, rabble rousing, all-round generic conversation. Any and everything. You get it.

The "don't Taze Me Bro" Guy...

stopsnitchin
Advanced Member
stopsnitchin
Advanced Member

Jan 9 2008, 04:25 AM #1

This is old, but i was thinking about this today, isnt it really fucking weird that he then came out and said he was wrong, he deserved it etc. Oreilly even called him a patriot in th epinheads and patriots segment... dosnt it seem like "reprogramming"

Guile
Advanced Member
Guile
Advanced Member

Jan 9 2008, 06:54 AM #2

Why are you still watching Oreilly?

Barcoded
Advanced Member
Barcoded
Advanced Member

Jan 9 2008, 08:18 AM #3

Hmmm it was strange but to be "reprogrammed" if you will doesnt that require kinda breaking your mind down and building it back up again? And doesnt that take a long time?

"May I remind you the troops want us to let them win!" - John McCain

travis
Advanced Member
travis
Advanced Member

Jan 9 2008, 11:16 AM #4

Threaten someone with death you can get them to say anything.

fedzcametogetme
Advanced Member
fedzcametogetme
Advanced Member

Jan 9 2008, 11:43 AM #5

Barcoded @ Jan 9 2008, 03:18 AM wrote: Hmmm it was strange but to be "reprogrammed" if you will doesnt that require kinda breaking your mind down and building it back up again? And doesnt that take a long time?
it depends. things like a massive trauma could speed it up. look at 9/11. when u saw the crash and saw the towers and saw people jumping and saw buildings crumbling, you became wide open to new programming.

and new programming is exactly what we were fed and are continually being fed everyday since then. the FEAR. on 9/11 a new level started and most people were sucked in immediately. now they keep scaring us with new boogeymen and with massive new traumas daily. thus, ur right that over time the longterm effects of such programming reach a whole new level. but i do think shock and awe helps fast forward things significantly.

especially the shock and awe of a taser pumpin high voltage thru ya.

HVYBASS
Advanced Member
HVYBASS
Advanced Member

Jan 10 2008, 03:18 AM #6

i cant watch Oreilly,he makes me physically ill, hes what Archie Bunker would have to become to have a talk show,if that makes sense
jesus clearly didnt have teenage daughters

look-up
Advanced Member
look-up
Advanced Member

Jan 10 2008, 04:03 PM #7

I just think he's a coward. He was brave for standing up in the first place, but if you back down it totally changes everything.

He did nothing wrong. I'll take that to my grave. There's no reason for him to apologize.
-------------------------------------------------------
Come pull the sheet over my eyes
so I can sleep tonight
despite what I have seen today
I've found you guilty of a crime
of sleeping at a time
when you should have been wide awake

WIDE AWAKE!!!!!!!
by Audioslave

yesyoucan

Jan 10 2008, 06:07 PM #8

travis @ Jan 9 2008, 06:16 AM wrote: Threaten someone with death you can get them to say anything.
Do you think someone threatened this guy to make him apologize?

look-up
Advanced Member
look-up
Advanced Member

Jan 10 2008, 06:19 PM #9

yesyoucan @ Jan 10 2008, 06:07 PM wrote:
travis @ Jan 9 2008, 06:16 AM wrote: Threaten someone with death you can get them to say anything.
tazing someone repeatedly is pretty threatening... who knows what they did or said to him after the camera was shut off.
-------------------------------------------------------
Come pull the sheet over my eyes
so I can sleep tonight
despite what I have seen today
I've found you guilty of a crime
of sleeping at a time
when you should have been wide awake

WIDE AWAKE!!!!!!!
by Audioslave

yesyoucan

Jan 10 2008, 06:59 PM #10

look-up @ Jan 10 2008, 01:19 PM wrote:
yesyoucan @ Jan 10 2008, 06:07 PM wrote:
tazing someone repeatedly is pretty threatening... who knows what they did or said to him after the camera was shut off.
It seems unlikely. Did anyone benefit from this apology?

..and if you really believed in something, would you sell yourself out just because someone threatened you? I realize that some people would..but those who wouldn't (Martin Luther King comes to mind) are the ones who really make a difference.

seeker135
Advanced Member
seeker135
Advanced Member

Jan 11 2008, 05:53 PM #11

HVYBASS @ Jan 9 2008, 10:18 PM wrote: i cant watch Oreilly,he makes me physically ill, hes what Archie Bunker would have to become to have a talk show,if that makes sense
Know what you mean. Billo and Bush both make me feel that way. And I try not to even think about Malignant Dick Cheney.
Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.
This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs: When he first appears, he is a protector. Plato

YOUR DISBELIEF DOES NOT CREATE AN ALTERNATIVE REALITY

WE ARE THE CANARIES IN THE AMERICAN COAL MINE/POLITICAL SYSTEM. IGNORE US AT YOUR PERIL.

Confirmation of reply: