Latest news

N.y. Millionaires Guilty Of ‘modern-day Slavery’

IVXX
Advanced Member
IVXX
Advanced Member

Dec 18 2007, 01:47 PM #1

Convicted of forced labor of Indonesian women; could face 40-year sentences

CENTRAL ISLIP, N.Y. - A jury on Monday convicted a millionaire couple of enslaving two Indonesian women they brought to their mansion to work as housekeepers.

Mahender Murlidhar Sabhnani, 51, and his wife, Varsha Mahender Sabhnani, 45, were each convicted of all charges in a 12-count federal indictment that included forced labor, conspiracy, involuntary servitude, and harboring aliens.

Prosecutors said the women were subjected to repeated psychological and physical abuse and were forced to work 18 hours or more a day.

Whole story at MSNBC

A little story from my own backyard.
"He told me there was new intel on Iran.
He just didn't tell me what it was."
~ George W. Bush

seeker135
Advanced Member
seeker135
Advanced Member

Dec 19 2007, 01:02 AM #2

IVXX @ Dec 18 2007, 08:47 AM wrote: Convicted of forced labor of Indonesian women; could face 40-year sentences

CENTRAL ISLIP, N.Y. - A jury on Monday convicted a millionaire couple of enslaving two Indonesian women they brought to their mansion to work as housekeepers.

Mahender Murlidhar Sabhnani, 51, and his wife, Varsha Mahender Sabhnani, 45, were each convicted of all charges in a 12-count federal indictment that included forced labor, conspiracy, involuntary servitude, and harboring aliens.

Prosecutors said the women were subjected to repeated psychological and physical abuse and were forced to work 18 hours or more a day.

Whole story at MSNBC

A little story from my own backyard.
No, someone else's backyard brought to our back yard. I can't even pronounce the names of the accused. Bet you a Boston creme pie they weren't born here.
Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.
This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs: When he first appears, he is a protector. Plato

YOUR DISBELIEF DOES NOT CREATE AN ALTERNATIVE REALITY

WE ARE THE CANARIES IN THE AMERICAN COAL MINE/POLITICAL SYSTEM. IGNORE US AT YOUR PERIL.

Confirmation of reply: