Latest news

Judge Orders Cia Interrogation Video Hearing

IVXX
Advanced Member
IVXX
Advanced Member

Dec 19 2007, 02:00 PM #1

Did Bush administration violate court order by destroying recordings

WASHINGTON - A federal judge has ordered a hearing on whether the Bush administration violated a court order by destroying CIA interrogation videos of two al-Qaida suspects.

U.S. District Judge Henry H. Kennedy rejected calls from the Justice Department to stay out of the matter. He ordered lawyers to appear before him Friday morning.

In June 2005, Kennedy ordered the administration to safeguard "all evidence and information regarding the torture, mistreatment, and abuse of detainees now at the United States Naval Base at Guantanamo Bay."

Whole story at MSNBC
"He told me there was new intel on Iran.
He just didn't tell me what it was."
~ George W. Bush

seeker135
Advanced Member
seeker135
Advanced Member

Dec 19 2007, 11:42 PM #2

IVXX @ Dec 19 2007, 09:00 AM wrote: Did Bush administration violate court order by destroying recordings

WASHINGTON - A federal judge has ordered a hearing on whether the Bush administration violated a court order by destroying CIA interrogation videos of two al-Qaida suspects.

U.S. District Judge Henry H. Kennedy rejected calls from the Justice Department to stay out of the matter. He ordered lawyers to appear before him Friday morning.

In June 2005, Kennedy ordered the administration to safeguard "all evidence and information regarding the torture, mistreatment, and abuse of detainees now at the United States Naval Base at Guantanamo Bay."

Whole story at MSNBC
You go, judgie! Got 'em on the run on this one.
Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.
This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs: When he first appears, he is a protector. Plato

YOUR DISBELIEF DOES NOT CREATE AN ALTERNATIVE REALITY

WE ARE THE CANARIES IN THE AMERICAN COAL MINE/POLITICAL SYSTEM. IGNORE US AT YOUR PERIL.

Confirmation of reply: