How Did Ron Paul Do Tonight On The Daily Show?

Kibitzing, rabble rousing, all-round generic conversation. Any and everything. You get it.

How Did Ron Paul Do Tonight On The Daily Show?

Christians for 9/11 Truth
Advanced Member

Jun 5 2007, 05:03 AM #1

In short, not vary good. Well that’s kind of an understatement. In actuality Paul blew it. This was a chance to get his message out to millions of people who have most likely never even heard of Paul. Boatloads of people watch The Daily Show. Most of them are democrats or lean to the left. If Paul is going to have any chance of getting into the oval office he would need to win over a good amount of Dems. The Daily Show was his chance to do just that.

Ron Paul had so many chance to get his groundbreaking message out. Instead he didn’t hit any of his main points like shutting down the IRS, getting rid of the income tax and homeland security and building a wall on the boarder to name a few. He did somewhat talk about getting out of Iraq and going back to the constitution but he didn’t even seem passionate about it. Stewart asked him how are you different then the other ® candidates. He said that he was basically the same accept for the Iraq issue. This blew my mind, I could not believe what I was hearing, saying that he was basically the same. Maybe I am taking this somewhat out of contact? Or maybe I am over reacting? But I was shocked at how bad Paul did on The Daily Show. Anyone ells feel the same way?

I still support Paul all the way but I hope that he does better in other interviews and in the next debate tomorrow.

faithnmytime
Advanced Member
faithnmytime
Advanced Member

Jun 5 2007, 05:09 AM #2

It wasnt great it wasnt bad. On to the debates!! 2 full hrs.

Jarroyo
Advanced Member
Jarroyo
Advanced Member

Jun 5 2007, 05:26 AM #3

faithnmytime @ Jun 5 2007, 01:09 AM wrote: It wasnt great it wasnt bad.
I thought he did somewhat fine but wasn't outstanding. If I didn't knew who he was, after tonight, I wouldn't really cared.
On to the debates!! 2 full hrs.
\

The past debates were incredibly mediocre. I don't have my hopes high on this one.

dylan avery
Advanced Member
dylan avery
Advanced Member

Jun 5 2007, 05:29 AM #4

Jarroyo @ Jun 5 2007, 05:26 AM wrote: The past debates were incredibly mediocre. I don't have my hopes high on this one.
Tomorrow will be interesting. I guarantee it.
"No one said the air at Ground Zero was safe to breathe."
-Mark Roberts, 11/5/2007

"I am glad to reassure the people of New York and Washington, D.C. that their air is safe to breathe and their water is safe to drink."
-Christie Todd Whitman, EPA Press Release, 9/18/2001

faithnmytime
Advanced Member
faithnmytime
Advanced Member

Jun 5 2007, 05:33 AM #6

Hamadeh @ Jun 5 2007, 05:30 AM wrote: I hear There purposley seating Ron Paul close to Guliani....
Where did you hear that? Probably true anything to get ratings.

Advanced Member

Jun 5 2007, 05:40 AM #7

dylan avery @ Jun 5 2007, 05:29 AM wrote:
Tomorrow will be interesting. I guarantee it.
I am sure that it will be, but lets hope that its more of a hard core domination for Paul rather then just interesting.

Citizen Pawn
Advanced Member
Citizen Pawn
Advanced Member

Jun 5 2007, 05:41 AM #8

I hope he sits close enough to spit on him.
Citizen Pawn

Cue Citizen

“The reason why 9/11 is not mentioned on Usama Bin Laden’s Most Wanted page is because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11.” -Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI-Rex Tomb- June 5,2006

"I saw a plane come out of nowhere and just REAM right into the side of the Twin Tower, exploding through the other side. And then I witnessed both towers collapse, one first and then the second, mostly due to structural failure, because the fire was just too intense." - Harley Guy- Street Interview with Fox News on 9/11

NOTHING INFORMATIONS!

911wasaninsidejob
Advanced Member
911wasaninsidejob
Advanced Member

Jun 5 2007, 06:35 AM #9

"Maybe I am taking this somewhat out of contact? Or maybe I am over reacting? But I was shocked at how bad Paul did on The Daily Show. Anyone ells feel the same way?"

Maybe you get really drunk every night and come on these forums and rant.

Sorry, but until YOU get on the daily show and actually confront these republican scumbags to their faces, you don't have the room to be critisizing good people like Ron Paul who try their best.

Realist
Advanced Member
Realist
Advanced Member

Jun 5 2007, 06:48 AM #10

I thought Ron Paul did fine on the Daily Show tonight!
He handled Stewart's questions extremely well.
When Stewart asked him about regulating corporations, he said he was totally against corporatism, the perfect answer.

Why did you guys think he blew it?

looking for truth
Advanced Member
looking for truth
Advanced Member

Jun 5 2007, 07:43 AM #11

It is not easy for politicians to really get their point accross on Stewart or Colbert because those guys always keep it lite, so it doesn't allow for much serious talk.

One thing that really pissed me off is Jon Stewart blew off Ron Paul at the end saying,

"yeah it's good to have people like you throw out your ideas" bacially saying he wasn't going to get anywhere.

No wonder Ron walked off early I would have too.

Advanced Member

Jun 5 2007, 09:41 AM #12

911wasaninsidejob @ Jun 5 2007, 06:35 AM wrote:

you don't have the room to be critisizing good people like Ron Paul who try their best.
1) That happened one time, and it wont happen again.

2) I think that I have the right to criticize Paul especially sense I have started a grass-roots campaign for him in my town. Do you go door to door handing out flyers about Ron Paul and talk with people about him and his ideas? I do, not to boast but I am somewhat proud of that. Perhaps I was just wanting him to say some things that might have been better to say (that is in my opinion).

Don't bust my balls man, its rather childish to make slanderous comments just because you don't agree with me.

"No wonder Ron walked off early I would have too. "

Good point, I hadn't really thought about that. It struck me odd that Paul walked away after John asked him to say seated.

Tim Riches
Advanced Member
Tim Riches
Advanced Member

Jun 5 2007, 11:12 AM #13

He didn't do too badly, it was just a little weak when compared with his other stuff. He can't be hammering out his regular platform on the Daily Show, though a few more pointed comments would have been in order.
"Only the small secrets need to be protected. The big ones are kept by public incredulity."
- Marshall McLuhan (1911-1980)

plooker1968

Jun 5 2007, 01:03 PM #14

He did just fine...I'm glad he was spoon feeding the Democrats. If he got on there and started ranting it would of turned people off, and given the other side ammo to use against him. The media and the attack dogs are hanging on every word out of the man's mouth. I think he answered the questions that were asked....that's good.
The debates should be good. I hope Spewliani does'nt stick his Joker face...all up in Ron's business. If he does I wish Ron would tell him " Sir, would you go sit down and SHUT the F UP.....geez" If you took the time to read this, please take the time and say a little prayer for our boy Ron. ;)

911wasaninsidejob
Advanced Member
911wasaninsidejob
Advanced Member

Jun 5 2007, 02:43 PM #15

Christians for 9/11 Truth @ Jun 5 2007, 04:41 AM wrote:
911wasaninsidejob @ Jun 5 2007, 06:35 AM wrote:

you don't have the room to be critisizing good people like Ron Paul who try their best.
1) That happened one time, and it wont happen again.

2) I think that I have the right to criticize Paul especially sense I have started a grass-roots campaign for him in my town. Do you go door to door handing out flyers about Ron Paul and talk with people about him and his ideas? I do, not to boast but I am somewhat proud of that. Perhaps I was just wanting him to say some things that might have been better to say (that is in my opinion).

Don't bust my balls man, its rather childish to make slanderous comments just because you don't agree with me.

"No wonder Ron walked off early I would have too. "

Good point, I hadn't really thought about that. It struck me odd that Paul walked away after John asked him to say seated.
I apologize bro...It just sometimes gets to me when people in forums and the internet anonymously critisize people that are out their trying their best, but at the same time it's your right to do so...

Leela
Advanced Member
Leela
Advanced Member

Jun 5 2007, 03:37 PM #16

I think he did pretty good considering the time constraints. His views and ideas require discussion and not just sound bites, so I didn't really expect too much. I thought he was genuine as always and he really is a breath of fresh air every time I see him.

Ron Paul is SO different from all of the other candidates in both parties. They are all nothing but a bunch of show ponies prancing around in a circle. Paul actually appears to be human...
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad."
-Aldous Huxley

cheansaw
Advanced Member
cheansaw
Advanced Member

Jun 5 2007, 04:12 PM #17

I thought he did good. I was pretty dissapointed with Stewart personally.
Ron Paul for President 2008

Roxdog
Advanced Member
Roxdog
Advanced Member

Jun 5 2007, 04:22 PM #18

I thought he did fine.

Call Revere Radio: 1-(877)- REVERE-0 (Click To Listen Live!!!)

"There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revolution."
-Aldous Huxley, Tavistock Group, California Medical School, 1961

"Stay on your toes. We don't know how many other Brett Darrows there are out there..."

JerryFletcher
Advanced Member
JerryFletcher
Advanced Member

Jun 5 2007, 04:37 PM #19

cheansaw @ Jun 5 2007, 04:12 PM wrote: I thought he did good. I was pretty dissapointed with Stewart personally.
Same here. Jon Stewart doesn't think Ron Paul has a chance at all. Jon Stewart is a leftist who worships Democrats like Bill Clinton and Al Gore.

911wasaninsidejob
Advanced Member
911wasaninsidejob
Advanced Member

Jun 5 2007, 04:44 PM #20

Roxdog @ Jun 5 2007, 11:22 AM wrote: I thought he did fine.
He definitly did.

Confirmation of reply: