Holiday Party Improv Fun

Kibitzing, rabble rousing, all-round generic conversation. Any and everything. You get it.

Holiday Party Improv Fun

mid life crises
Advanced Member
mid life crises
Advanced Member

Dec 15 2007, 01:52 PM #1

Hi,
This I thought was funny. we were at my husband's work holiday dinner last night. Nice affair. After dinner there was an improv group to entertain us. They do alot of audience participation things. For one they hande out paper and pen and we were to write down random phrases, so I grab a few and write "Support a new 9/11 investigation", "9/11 was an inside job", "Ron PaUL for President."
So, they get collected and tossed on the stage flloor and the group picks them up and uses them. The funniest part to me was that the setting of this particular scene was "living in a porta-potty"... and the guy picks up the 9/11 was an inside job " card and yells it.
I thought it was funny. It didn't get alot of reaction , and they moved to the next card. But, if it has 1-2 people google it...my work is done for a day.
These are the type of people I would expect to know this stuff already actually , and maybe they do. 20-30 somethings are the majority, computer software developers, smart, geeky.......I'm generalizing. A few 40 's (us),no 50+ year olds.
My husband was beside me and he would be mortified if I took it any further and started a conversation with the people at our table, so I didn't. Gotta pick your battles.
Why?? Why?? Why!!!! Nancy Kerrigan

"I take pride in my home, I take pride in my kids, I take pride in being Mrs. Jack Butler. It means something to raise decent human beings!" from Mr. Mom

"Be careful out there amongst those Englischer." from Witness

"Inconceivable". "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." from The Princess Bride

"Kettle's boiling!" from The Turning Point

"Fool me once, shame on- shame on you. Fool me, you can't get fooled again." from someone smokin crack

IVXX
Advanced Member
IVXX
Advanced Member

Dec 15 2007, 02:07 PM #2

:lol:
"He told me there was new intel on Iran.
He just didn't tell me what it was."
~ George W. Bush

seeker135
Advanced Member
seeker135
Advanced Member

Dec 16 2007, 02:34 AM #3

Talked with a Bush supporter today. He was drunk. I think I'm on to something, here. ;)
Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.
This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs: When he first appears, he is a protector. Plato

YOUR DISBELIEF DOES NOT CREATE AN ALTERNATIVE REALITY

WE ARE THE CANARIES IN THE AMERICAN COAL MINE/POLITICAL SYSTEM. IGNORE US AT YOUR PERIL.

Confirmation of reply: