Gun Ammo Prices Are Going Up

Kibitzing, rabble rousing, all-round generic conversation. Any and everything. You get it.

Gun Ammo Prices Are Going Up

Christians for 9/11 Truth
Advanced Member
Joined: Nov 10 2006, 02:15 AM

Jul 4 2007, 07:19 AM #1

I have been checking around online and reading many different forums. Also I have some friends who talk regularly with gun store owners and they are all saying that the price of all ammo will be going up at least 20% in the new few months. Add that to the fact that ammo has gone up 20% in this year alone. Its quite clear when looking at the facts. They are driving the price of ammo up big time so I would have to sagest that all of you gun owners start stoking up on ammo before its to expensive.
Quote
Like
Share

ILikePie
Advanced Member
ILikePie
Advanced Member
Joined: Jun 19 2007, 04:59 AM

Jul 4 2007, 07:53 AM #2

today i went to teh shootin range


6 bucks for 20 rounds of 762 -.-

i was gettin pissed


dont even get me started on .45 rounds
Quote
Like
Share

Christians for 9/11 Truth
Advanced Member
Joined: Nov 10 2006, 02:15 AM

Jul 6 2007, 08:06 AM #3

Im not joking, its time to stock up.
Quote
Like
Share

esopxe
Advanced Member
esopxe
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 19 2006, 05:36 AM

Jul 6 2007, 08:26 AM #4

I buy firearm stuff online and some of the stores send out emails regularly. Here is the latest.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) has issued a press release that details a proposed regulatory change by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) that could adversely affect small arms ammunition supplies, artificially drive the ever-rising cost of small arms ammunition and impose undue hardships on both retailers and consumers. For instance, one of the proposed changes states a customer could not be within 50 feet of ammunition unless he/she is searched for matches or lighters. See the release here:

http://www.nssf.org/news/PR_idx.cfm?PRl ... 070207.cfm

TGSCOM, Inc, a family owned and operated firearms retailer, strongly opposes any regulation on the firearms industry, and its supporting industries, that threatens an American citizen's 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms. We believe such ill-advised regulation of ammunition manufacturers and retailers will result in price spikes in ammunition that will make pre-ban magazine prices look affordable. We encourage you all to add comments to this proposed regulation here:

http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/c ... -2007-0032

Remember, this is a proposed regulatory change. We have the right and responsibility as United States citizens to make comments and point out the shortcomings and potential consequences of these changes. It is important that we make our voices heard.

Sincerely,

Eric Thompson
President, TGSCOM, Inc
Expose Truth

www.expose-truth.blogspot.com

"One of the problems -- not specifically on this issue, just in general -- let's put it this way, money trumps peace, sometimes."
-George Bush
February 14, 2007

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
- Anonymous

Quote
Like
Share

SilentHyena
Advanced Member
SilentHyena
Advanced Member
Joined: Nov 7 2006, 06:36 PM

Jul 6 2007, 01:20 PM #5

Christians for 9/11 Truth @ Jul 4 2007, 07:19 AM wrote: I have been checking around online and reading many different forums. Also I have some friends who talk regularly with gun store owners and they are all saying that the price of all ammo will be going up at least 20% in the new few months. Add that to the fact that ammo has gone up 20% in this year alone. Its quite clear when looking at the facts. They are driving the price of ammo up big time so I would have to sagest that all of you gun owners start stoking up on ammo before its to expensive.
Any tips on the cheapest places to buy? I have bought online at a few places:

ammoman.com
natchezss.com
Quote
Like
Share

seek_the_truth
Advanced Member
seek_the_truth
Advanced Member
Joined: Nov 19 2006, 07:38 PM

Jul 6 2007, 06:18 PM #6

Christians for 9/11 Truth @ Jul 6 2007, 08:06 AM wrote: Im not joking, its time to stock up.
Dead serious time to stock up, and I don't have any ARs yet. FUCK.

Purchase magazines to.

Chirstans, still building your arsenal?
"....that a desperate attack was expected in order to turn that position, concluding by telling me I was to " hold that ground at all hazards." This was the last word I heard from him."

Joshua L. Chamberlain,:
Colonel, Commanding Twentieth Maine Volunteers.


Quote
Like
Share

seek_the_truth
Advanced Member
seek_the_truth
Advanced Member
Joined: Nov 19 2006, 07:38 PM

Jul 6 2007, 06:19 PM #7

SilentHyena @ Jul 6 2007, 01:20 PM wrote:
Christians for 9/11 Truth @ Jul 4 2007, 07:19 AM wrote: I have been checking around online and reading many different forums. Also I have some friends who talk regularly with gun store owners and they are all saying that the price of all ammo will be going up at least 20% in the new few months. Add that to the fact that ammo has gone up 20% in this year alone. Its quite clear when looking at the facts. They are driving the price of ammo up big time so I would have to sagest that all of you gun owners start stoking up on ammo before its to expensive.
Any tips on the cheapest places to buy? I have bought online at a few places:

ammoman.com
natchezss.com
Silent, try cheaperthandirt.com
"....that a desperate attack was expected in order to turn that position, concluding by telling me I was to " hold that ground at all hazards." This was the last word I heard from him."

Joshua L. Chamberlain,:
Colonel, Commanding Twentieth Maine Volunteers.


Quote
Like
Share

OnlyStL
Advanced Member
OnlyStL
Advanced Member
Joined: Dec 12 2006, 12:48 PM

Jul 6 2007, 06:27 PM #8

Chicks Who Love Guns

an oldie but goodie.... :lol: :lol:
Our responsibility is much greater than we might have supposed, because it involves all mankind.....
To choose this or that is to affirm at the same time the value of what we choose, because we can never choose evil. We always choose the good, and nothing can be good for us without being good for all.
-------Jean-Paul Sartre
Quote
Like
Share

Roxdog
Advanced Member
Roxdog
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 18 2006, 06:13 PM

Jul 6 2007, 06:35 PM #9

Anyone reading this....stock up with 7.62 × 51 mm rounds, you can get 1000 for like $160 (sometimes less at a gun show):

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/default.asp

Then, go buy one of these:

SKS:

Most of the time you can get one for less than $300...

Or get one of these:

Kalashnikov:

You can find them for less than $400.

I know they aren't American-made guns and that sucks but they are reliable, cheap, and the ammo is the least expensive around. Buy it up before you don't have the option...

Call Revere Radio: 1-(877)- REVERE-0 (Click To Listen Live!!!)

"There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revolution."
-Aldous Huxley, Tavistock Group, California Medical School, 1961


"Stay on your toes. We don't know how many other Brett Darrows there are out there..."
Quote
Like
Share

illeagalhunter
Advanced Member
illeagalhunter
Advanced Member
Joined: Jan 11 2007, 07:12 PM

Jul 6 2007, 07:55 PM #10

As long as the sabots for mt 10 guage shotgun dont go up for my by anuall trip to upstate NY deer hunting or 7mm mag i dont care. I love USA the govt took my legal guns bastards.
CODE
Quote
Like
Share

seek_the_truth
Advanced Member
seek_the_truth
Advanced Member
Joined: Nov 19 2006, 07:38 PM

Jul 6 2007, 10:35 PM #11

Roxdog @ Jul 6 2007, 06:35 PM wrote: Anyone reading this....stock up with 7.62 × 51 mm rounds, you can get 1000 for like $160 (sometimes less at a gun show):

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/default.asp

Then, go buy one of these:

SKS:

Most of the time you can get one for less than $300...

Or get one of these:

Kalashnikov:

You can find them for less than $400.

I know they aren't American-made guns and that sucks but they are reliable, cheap, and the ammo is the least expensive around. Buy it up before you don't have the option...
So your a terrorist now Rox? :lol:

AKs are alright, but ARs give you more versitilty and range. But then again, tehy are more expensive, an AR build can go for around $700 or as high as the stars.
"....that a desperate attack was expected in order to turn that position, concluding by telling me I was to " hold that ground at all hazards." This was the last word I heard from him."

Joshua L. Chamberlain,:
Colonel, Commanding Twentieth Maine Volunteers.


Quote
Like
Share

Bongo Thud
Advanced Member
Bongo Thud
Advanced Member
Joined: May 30 2007, 11:00 PM

Jul 6 2007, 11:19 PM #12

Roxdog @ Jul 6 2007, 01:35 PM wrote: Anyone reading this....stock up with 7.62 × 51 mm rounds, you can get 1000 for like $160 (sometimes less at a gun show):

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/default.asp

Then, go buy one of these:

SKS:

Most of the time you can get one for less than $300...

Or get one of these:

Kalashnikov:

You can find them for less than $400.

I know they aren't American-made guns and that sucks but they are reliable, cheap, and the ammo is the least expensive around. Buy it up before you don't have the option...
This is horrible advice. Both of the weapons shown (Kalishnikov and Simonov) are typically not chambered for 7.62 x 51 (7.62 x 51 is the 7.62 NATO round, used by the M-60 for example, or an FN-FAL,or on an IMI Galil AR) The AK-47 and most of it's variants are chamber for the russian 7.62x39 round, a much smaller round than the 7.62x51, comparable to a 30-30. Their are AK-47 variants like the AKM and AK-74 that are chambered for a russian version of the nato .223 round, and i have seen a few rechambetred to shoot the actual .223 round itself. The simonov SKS-45 however is always chambered for 7.62x39, regardless of whether it is an original russian production from the 50's or one of the stamped out garbage ones NORINCO has created over the past 20 years.

the 7.62x51 is a NATO round that is NOT used for either of the guns you have pictured.
Atheist for truth
Quote
Like
Share

Christians for 9/11 Truth
Advanced Member
Joined: Nov 10 2006, 02:15 AM

Jul 7 2007, 05:52 AM #13

cheaperthandirt.com is ok. Surplus ammo is restively cheep and effective, but you cant reuse the spent casings.

If you have some guns buy all the ammo you can afford. The price is going up astronomically.

I don't really recommend AK-47, rather I would suggest AR-15 and bolt action rifles such as the Remington 700 with a high powered scope. AK's have there place and there not bad but the AR is more versatile.

If you don't have any guns I would sagest a

Sigarms 9mm
HK USP 45mm
Bushmaster semi/auto rifle
Remington 700 rifle w/scope
Remington 870 12/g shotgun
Berata Xtrema2 12/g shotgun

Buy all the ammo you can get. Start or join a local militia.
Quote
Like
Share

seek_the_truth
Advanced Member
seek_the_truth
Advanced Member
Joined: Nov 19 2006, 07:38 PM

Jul 7 2007, 02:34 PM #14

Christians for 9/11 Truth @ Jul 7 2007, 05:52 AM wrote: cheaperthandirt.com is ok. Surplus ammo is restively cheep and effective, but you cant reuse the spent casings.

If you have some guns buy all the ammo you can afford. The price is going up astronomically.

I don't really recommend AK-47, rather I would suggest AR-15 and bolt action rifles such as the Remington 700 with a high powered scope. AK's have there place and there not bad but the AR is more versatile.

If you don't have any guns I would sagest a

Sigarms 9mm
HK USP 45mm
Bushmaster semi/auto rifle
Remington 700 rifle w/scope
Remington 870 12/g shotgun
Berata Xtrema2 12/g shotgun

Buy all the ammo you can get. Start or join a local militia.
The guns you listed are good, but more on the expensive side. I would recomend everything on the list except for the Xtrema. If your hunting with it, cool, but for self defense, nah. the possibilty of it jamming is slim (inertia recoil system) but for the price I jsut don't think it is a good idea. I really wouldn't recommend a semi auto shotty for home defense, but that is my opinion. Something like a Mossberg 590 (runs under $300, and nicly outfitted to) or a Remington 870 which will be bit more pricy for the tactical version.

Bushmasters are absolutly great, but you can build one cheaper and have moeny to upgrade it. RRA, Stag, DMPS are all great brands, just depends on the money side.

And definitely a yes on the 700, I would recommend a .308. .300 mag, or 30-06 caliber.

Have you started a militia?
"....that a desperate attack was expected in order to turn that position, concluding by telling me I was to " hold that ground at all hazards." This was the last word I heard from him."

Joshua L. Chamberlain,:
Colonel, Commanding Twentieth Maine Volunteers.


Quote
Like
Share

Christians for 9/11 Truth
Advanced Member
Joined: Nov 10 2006, 02:15 AM

Jul 7 2007, 02:52 PM #15

I hear what your saying about the Xtrema, not a home defense weapon but it would make for a good self defense and hunting weapon. Your right, it is expensive. I think most people should be willing to drop a little more money on guns if you have it that is. I mean if you buying something that could save your life and such you want to go with something that is high quality. This is something you really cant pinch the pennies on. The Remington 870 shotgun is a gun everyone one should have, perfect for home defense, its reliable, light weight, has a short barrel 18" so you can maneuver around easy in you home and around doors and it is inexpensive for a good gun. In response to your question, I have not started a militia but I have been talking with a guy about possibly joining up with his group. What about yourself?
Quote
Like
Share

pagandawn
Advanced Member
pagandawn
Advanced Member
Joined: Mar 6 2007, 03:02 PM

Jul 7 2007, 03:11 PM #16

Christians for 9/11 Truth @ Jul 4 2007, 02:19 AM wrote: I have been checking around online and reading many different forums. Also I have some friends who talk regularly with gun store owners and they are all saying that the price of all ammo will be going up at least 20% in the new few months. Add that to the fact that ammo has gone up 20% in this year alone. Its quite clear when looking at the facts. They are driving the price of ammo up big time so I would have to sagest that all of you gun owners start stoking up on ammo before its to expensive.
I hope this is a good conspiracy.

So that you xtians cannot afford to shot each other. Xtians and guns seems to go together.
Quote
Like
Share

speaker city
Advanced Member
speaker city
Advanced Member
Joined: Oct 22 2006, 08:18 PM

Jul 7 2007, 04:44 PM #17

pagandawn @ Jul 7 2007, 08:11 AM wrote:
Christians for 9/11 Truth @ Jul 4 2007, 02:19 AM wrote: I have been checking around online and reading many different forums. Also I have some friends who talk regularly with gun store owners and they are all saying that the price of all ammo will be going up at least 20% in the new few months. Add that to the fact that ammo has gone up 20% in this year alone. Its quite clear when looking at the facts. They are driving the price of ammo up big time so I would have to sagest that all of you gun owners start stoking up on ammo before its to expensive.
I hope this is a good conspiracy.

So that you xtians cannot afford to shot each other. Xtians and guns seems to go together.
That was a pretty shitty thing to say. Way to bring in a religion debate to a friendly thread about guns and ammo.
Quote
Like
Share

seek_the_truth
Advanced Member
seek_the_truth
Advanced Member
Joined: Nov 19 2006, 07:38 PM

Jul 7 2007, 06:49 PM #18

Christians for 9/11 Truth @ Jul 7 2007, 02:52 PM wrote: I hear what your saying about the Xtrema, not a home defense weapon but it would make for a good self defense and hunting weapon. Your right, it is expensive. I think most people should be willing to drop a little more money on guns if you have it that is. I mean if you buying something that could save your life and such you want to go with something that is high quality. This is something you really cant pinch the pennies on. The Remington 870 shotgun is a gun everyone one should have, perfect for home defense, its reliable, light weight, has a short barrel 18" so you can maneuver around easy in you home and around doors and it is inexpensive for a good gun. In response to your question, I have not started a militia but I have been talking with a guy about possibly joining up with his group. What about yourself?
Ok, I see your point now. Most guns arn't 'cheap' per say (as in quality), but that is mainly sticking with name brands. Most guns are fairly reliable for the situation they are made for. If I had money, I would probably get an Xtrema.

I don't think there is a militia even near me, and not entirly sure if I would join it just yet. When stuff does start happening I am sure something would come up quick and I would love to be part of it. Good luck to you man!
"....that a desperate attack was expected in order to turn that position, concluding by telling me I was to " hold that ground at all hazards." This was the last word I heard from him."

Joshua L. Chamberlain,:
Colonel, Commanding Twentieth Maine Volunteers.


Quote
Like
Share

seek_the_truth
Advanced Member
seek_the_truth
Advanced Member
Joined: Nov 19 2006, 07:38 PM

Jul 7 2007, 06:50 PM #19

pagandawn @ Jul 7 2007, 03:11 PM wrote:
Christians for 9/11 Truth @ Jul 4 2007, 02:19 AM wrote: I have been checking around online and reading many different forums. Also I have some friends who talk regularly with gun store owners and they are all saying that the price of all ammo will be going up at least 20% in the new few months. Add that to the fact that ammo has gone up 20% in this year alone. Its quite clear when looking at the facts. They are driving the price of ammo up big time so I would have to sagest that all of you gun owners start stoking up on ammo before its to expensive.
I hope this is a good conspiracy.

So that you xtians cannot afford to shot each other. Xtians and guns seems to go together.
Youre an idiot.
"....that a desperate attack was expected in order to turn that position, concluding by telling me I was to " hold that ground at all hazards." This was the last word I heard from him."

Joshua L. Chamberlain,:
Colonel, Commanding Twentieth Maine Volunteers.


Quote
Like
Share

Christians for 9/11 Truth
Advanced Member
Joined: Nov 10 2006, 02:15 AM

Jul 7 2007, 10:39 PM #20

seek_the_truth @ Jul 7 2007, 06:49 PM wrote:
Ok, I see your point now. Most guns arn't 'cheap' per say (as in quality), but that is mainly sticking with name brands. Most guns are fairly reliable for the situation they are made for. If I had money, I would probably get an Xtrema.

I don't think there is a militia even near me, and not entirly sure if I would join it just yet. When stuff does start happening I am sure something would come up quick and I would love to be part of it. Good luck to you man!
Thank you sir, and good luck to you as well.

I would love to get an Xtrema but I don't think ill be getting one any time soon. There are much more important guns on my to get list.

You might be surprised at how many militias there are, just check around online or feel out the situation when talking with fellow gun owners and even Ron Paul meetup members. Chose your words carefully though, never be to trusting at first. You already know that though. Joining militia is vary important because you need to be able to function as a unit with other members. Designating different jobs and making friends. It really helps motivate you to get more prepared as well. In a SHTF kind of situation we would need to ban together to win the fight.

Note: I have it on good authority that the price of ammo might go up 40% buy the end of this year. They now they cant get all the guns so there going after the ammo.
Quote
Like
Share


Confirmation of reply: