Crazy Airpoty Security Stories

Kibitzing, rabble rousing, all-round generic conversation. Any and everything. You get it.

Crazy Airpoty Security Stories

mid life crises
Advanced Member
mid life crises
Advanced Member

Jun 4 2007, 11:37 AM #1

With summer coming and with it the possibility of travel and visitors, I thought it would be irritatingly fun and possibly therapeutic to tell some airport security nonsense stories we have to endure becuase, you know, toothpaste is dangerous.

I'll start:

My 82 year old mother in law flew in from West Coast last week to visit us. She had in her carry on bag a jar of home made strawberry jam she had made for us. Her homemade jam is low in pectin and sort of more watery than regular jam.

Gone!! Confiscated! She got really mad and upset because she had made this for the kids, nope...gone..gone gone.

Fing ridiculous. She was so upset.And we are really made as we look forward to that jam!! What the hell could jam do?? I guess you could konk someone on the head with it...make them eat the whole thing til they puke..

WHY do we put up with this crap??WHY????
Why?? Why?? Why!!!! Nancy Kerrigan

"I take pride in my home, I take pride in my kids, I take pride in being Mrs. Jack Butler. It means something to raise decent human beings!" from Mr. Mom

"Be careful out there amongst those Englischer." from Witness

"Inconceivable". "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." from The Princess Bride

"Kettle's boiling!" from The Turning Point

"Fool me once, shame on- shame on you. Fool me, you can't get fooled again." from someone smokin crack

Matthew Brown
Advanced Member
Matthew Brown
Advanced Member

Jun 4 2007, 02:09 PM #2

mid life crises @ Jun 4 2007, 11:37 AM wrote: With summer coming and with it the possibility of travel and visitors, I thought it would be irritatingly fun and possibly therapeutic to tell some airport security nonsense stories we have to endure becuase, you know, toothpaste is dangerous.

I'll start:

My 82 year old mother in law flew in from West Coast last week to visit us. She had in her carry on bag a jar of home made strawberry jam she had made for us. Her homemade jam is low in pectin and sort of more watery than regular jam.

Gone!! Confiscated! She got really mad and upset because she had made this for the kids, nope...gone..gone gone.

Fing ridiculous. She was so upset.And we are really made as we look forward to that jam!! What the hell could jam do?? I guess you could konk someone on the head with it...make them eat the whole thing til they puke..

In actuality, you can do a lot of bad things with some everyday items--that, I believe. I fly very often, and they clearly let you know what you can and can't bring on the plane... it's not like they surprise you.

I know it sucks, but it's reality.

Christians for 9/11 Truth
Advanced Member

Jun 4 2007, 05:17 PM #3

I know a guy who was able to sneak some pot past security and made it to his destination without any problems. He hid it in a plastic bag buy his crotch.

Sureshot
Advanced Member
Sureshot
Advanced Member

Jun 4 2007, 05:33 PM #5

Matthew Brown @ Jun 4 2007, 07:09 AM wrote:
mid life crises @ Jun 4 2007, 11:37 AM wrote: With summer coming and with it the possibility of travel and visitors, I thought it would be irritatingly fun and possibly therapeutic to tell some airport security nonsense stories we have to endure becuase, you know, toothpaste is dangerous.

I'll start:

Fing ridiculous. She was so upset.And we are really made as we look forward to that jam!!  What the hell could jam do?? I guess you could konk someone on the head with it...make them eat the whole thing til they puke..

In actuality, you can do a lot of bad things with some everyday items--that, I believe. I fly very often, and they clearly let you know what you can and can't bring on the plane... it's not like they surprise you.

I know it sucks, but it's reality.
And you accept it, just like that? Damn, I get a sense of anger when I have my shit confiscated. I once got a snow globe from New York (I live on the other side of the US) to give as a gift to my grandparents and it was taken. Thought I had a bomb or something. After a short brief profanity moments I walked off, but I was pissed since it was $50 some dollars. And they refused to send it to me.

A Supporter Member of AE911Truth.org. Join today!
MySpace
Youth for 9/11 Truth

e^n
Advanced Member
e^n
Advanced Member

Jun 4 2007, 05:35 PM #6

Nothing too serious, my bag was searched leaving Manchester and entering Chicago, twice in fact entering Chicago. Once for 'agriculture' and one for security.

I have long hair so I look like a damn hippy and I guess they thought i was bringing THE WACKY BACCY over.

Sureshot
Advanced Member
Sureshot
Advanced Member

Jun 4 2007, 05:39 PM #7

This security BS is just one way they want to control us. Just so we get slowly used to cameras, and unwarranted searches and more.

A Supporter Member of AE911Truth.org. Join today!
MySpace
Youth for 9/11 Truth

look-up
Advanced Member
look-up
Advanced Member

Jun 4 2007, 06:25 PM #8

Why do we have to put up with this crap?
The real question is, Why do we put up with this crap? If people refused to travel if they are going to be treated like cows, then the airlines would pressure the government to lax security.

Maybe that's too harsh, but if citizens just did some acts of civil disobedience, and refused to give up their toothpaste and bottled water, then this rule would disappear.

If you follow a rule, no matter how ridiculous, you legitimize it.
-------------------------------------------------------
Come pull the sheet over my eyes
so I can sleep tonight
despite what I have seen today
I've found you guilty of a crime
of sleeping at a time
when you should have been wide awake

WIDE AWAKE!!!!!!!
by Audioslave

Confirmation of reply: