your guidance is needed

your guidance is needed

kisses
kisses

February 1st, 2012, 11:22 pm #1

Hello. I have posted to this forum before, years ago, when I first started this process. However, I am a daily lurker. My story is the same as many here. Waited too long, thinking that I would "just do IVF", no big deal, only to find out at age 41/42 that no Doctor would even "let" me do IVF, due to high FSH. Thanks to all of you on this forum, I did make my way to Dr. Check, however, nothing worked. I did turn to donor egg, and am embarrassed to say, found an agency and donor, sent my deposit, and when everything was ready to go, I just couldn't go through with it emotionally. I can't say why, it really is just an overwhelming experience. But....after 6 months now, I am stronger and would like to proceed. However, I am now thinking it may be easier for me to pursue frozen donor eggs. So my question to all of you: does anyone have any experience with this? ( I know the results may not be as good as fresh). Is there a particular place that I should contact to "purchase" the eggs, so to speak, or lastly, any places to avoid?
I appreciate any wisdom and guidance you can provide. Thank you.

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

February 2nd, 2012, 12:50 am #2

RBA in Atlanta and Shady Grove in Maryland both have frozen donor egg programs. GL to you!

kisses
kisses

February 2nd, 2012, 3:08 pm #3

Thank you so much Mrs. M. I'll take a look at both.

Dan
Dan

February 2nd, 2012, 6:48 pm #4

Hello. I have posted to this forum before, years ago, when I first started this process. However, I am a daily lurker. My story is the same as many here. Waited too long, thinking that I would "just do IVF", no big deal, only to find out at age 41/42 that no Doctor would even "let" me do IVF, due to high FSH. Thanks to all of you on this forum, I did make my way to Dr. Check, however, nothing worked. I did turn to donor egg, and am embarrassed to say, found an agency and donor, sent my deposit, and when everything was ready to go, I just couldn't go through with it emotionally. I can't say why, it really is just an overwhelming experience. But....after 6 months now, I am stronger and would like to proceed. However, I am now thinking it may be easier for me to pursue frozen donor eggs. So my question to all of you: does anyone have any experience with this? ( I know the results may not be as good as fresh). Is there a particular place that I should contact to "purchase" the eggs, so to speak, or lastly, any places to avoid?
I appreciate any wisdom and guidance you can provide. Thank you.
Also check out Pacific Northwest Fertility in Seattle. Their rates are tops and I am current pregnancy because of them.

However, my experience with the donor coordinator was that she was not that open with information about the donors. The profiles she gave me would not have been enough for me to make a choice, and so I went with an agency donor. But I would definitely still look into their pool.

Good luck!