You know you've been TTC for too long when ...

You know you've been TTC for too long when ...

August 25th, 2010, 10:21 pm #1

you click on a link to an online article called, "How to know if your eggs are good" and assume it's about TTC and/or DE when it's really about how to safely cook chicken eggs. Yikes! When I see the word "egg" I don't automatically think "food"; instead I think of ovaries, sperm and making embryos.

August 25th, 2010, 10:35 pm #2

I've been having the same reaction to all the egg recall stories!

xoxo, Tracy

August 25th, 2010, 11:36 pm #3

you click on a link to an online article called, "How to know if your eggs are good" and assume it's about TTC and/or DE when it's really about how to safely cook chicken eggs. Yikes! When I see the word "egg" I don't automatically think "food"; instead I think of ovaries, sperm and making embryos.

I do the exact same thing! ha!

MM
MM

August 26th, 2010, 12:13 am #4

That is so funny!

I had the same feeling about DE when I started noticing young girls that looked similar to me and thinking "she'd make a great donor for us!"

MM

snowbank03
snowbank03

August 26th, 2010, 12:33 am #5

It took me quite a while to figure out the headline the other morning!

August 26th, 2010, 12:43 am #6

lie on the table, and as a matter of course I started to pull my panties off!
Last edited by Blessed_Thistle on August 26th, 2010, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 26th, 2010, 12:56 am #7

I had the same thing happen at my GYN last year. I automatically positioned myself in the stirups and she laughed and told me that I'm not at my RE's office and that she has other things to check out first before navigating down there.

August 26th, 2010, 7:43 am #8

The 'taking shoes off' without being asked by my ob happened to me first time I went in to see him.
I just giggled as we are all such trained monkeys willing to bare all quickly

Last time I was there I saw condoms. I stared at them and then said outloud 'oh there are condoms there'.
His reply was 'oh didn't they use condoms on the ultrasound for you'.
I said 'yes of course'.

But thing was I had forgotten what condoms looked like and my speaking outloud was related to that.
That is the thing when you are ttcing for a long time. You forget that some people actually try to stop conceiving by all these different methods
funny old world d'oh
TH

August 26th, 2010, 6:11 pm #9

oh my gosh! before I even clicked to read your post I wondered "is she going to talk about the egg article because I thought it was referring to IVF not ONCE but TWICE!

August 30th, 2010, 7:03 am #10

That's hilarious.