YIKES, has anyone seen this re: Patricia Heaton on stem cells/donor eggs??

Alison
Alison

October 30th, 2006, 11:20 pm #1

Patricia Heaton speaks out against paid egg donation in a Missouri political ad... she says lower-income women will be "seduced by big checks" and that egg donation is "dangerous, complicated, and painful" - WTF??? So how have hundreds of thousands of women undergone IVF so readily? Same thing, dunce! (Oh that's right, she's against that, too...) I've always tried to ignore her but now I've had it. I just sent Albertsons a letter saying I'll never set foot in Albertsons/Savon again due to their association with such an ignorant, callous woman.

http://www.teambio.org/2006/10/patricia ... tem-cells/

Best,
Alison

October 30th, 2006, 11:31 pm #2

the next comment in this ad is that 25 women have died as a result of egg donation-

DE mom to twins
DE mom to twins

October 30th, 2006, 11:35 pm #3

Patricia Heaton speaks out against paid egg donation in a Missouri political ad... she says lower-income women will be "seduced by big checks" and that egg donation is "dangerous, complicated, and painful" - WTF??? So how have hundreds of thousands of women undergone IVF so readily? Same thing, dunce! (Oh that's right, she's against that, too...) I've always tried to ignore her but now I've had it. I just sent Albertsons a letter saying I'll never set foot in Albertsons/Savon again due to their association with such an ignorant, callous woman.

Best,
Alison
How many egg retrivals has she gone through????? I honestly never found it to be very painful, not nearly as painful as breaking a toe. complicated?? seems to me anything that you are in and out of in a couple of hours can't be the hardest thing that they have done that day.

What do these people think that poor women are stupid? and all they see is $$$?? Talk about putting a group of women down.

As far as I know no one puts themeself through this just to give the eggs to stem cell research

Molly

October 31st, 2006, 12:10 am #4

Best,
Alison
Sure didn't stop her from advertising the plastic surgery she had several years ago, which she said was needed after having (I think) four children!!! Sure is easier to judge when you are standing on the other side of the fence!

jane14
jane14

October 31st, 2006, 12:54 am #5

Best,
Alison
Hey Alison,
I sent an email they responded by saying she has the right to free speech, and I sent another back sating so do I and am using my purse as a mouth piece. They didn't reply.
I have asked all my family.friends to write to Albertsons/Savon/CVS and to boycott their stores ynril the relationship with her is ended.
Jane

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 31st, 2006, 12:58 am #6

Sure didn't stop her from advertising the plastic surgery she had several years ago, which she said was needed after having (I think) four children!!! Sure is easier to judge when you are standing on the other side of the fence!
I can't understand how a certain group in our country can be opposed to Stem Cell Research????? They argue that we shouldn't use embryos to further stem cell research. People - those embryos are being discarded with or without stem cell research. How come I don't hear this group complaining about all of the embryos that are being discarded every year?????? It's ok to dump the embryos but it's not ok to try and find treatments or cures for diseases?? I would much rather see these embryos put to good use (and used for research) then end up in the trash where they benefit no one.
I think if more people witnessed what people with terminal or life altering illnesses had to go through there would be much more support for this. Or, if Laura Bush was diagnosed with alzheimers or parkinson's, I'm sure George would rethink his position on this.

Alison
Alison

October 31st, 2006, 1:15 am #7

Hey Alison,
I sent an email they responded by saying she has the right to free speech, and I sent another back sating so do I and am using my purse as a mouth piece. They didn't reply.
I have asked all my family.friends to write to Albertsons/Savon/CVS and to boycott their stores ynril the relationship with her is ended.
Jane
Since I can't take it out on her, I'll just have to take it out on those who pay her . Best,
Alison

October 31st, 2006, 1:19 am #8

Best,
Alison
She's against IVF too?

Delurker
Delurker

October 31st, 2006, 1:39 am #9

Best,
Alison
Right, she had HER 4 children. Likes to promote her SURGERY to repair herself physically after her children. Ahole, people die from plastic surgery everyday too, but she can promote that. SOmeone needs to slap her. This infuriates me, she is uneducated and never had a retrieval in her life. I have had 6 and not one hurt, at all. I have had more painful pimples and toothaches in my life. What an uneducated idiot.

Alison
Alison

October 31st, 2006, 1:42 am #10

She's against IVF too?
nt