Yes, ANOTHER coxsackie post!

Yes, ANOTHER coxsackie post!

June 22nd, 2012, 2:55 pm #1

I am pretty sure Sarah has it. A couple of kids at day care (not in her room) have it. Took her to the doctor, who dx'ed scabies instead. But she had had fever, is not THAT itchy and is now unable to eat anything due to pain except water and is absolutely exhausted. Poor princess. I called and left a msg for the nurse but expect all I can do is keep her home till the rash is gone. :/ Fun times.

June 22nd, 2012, 3:48 pm #2

Aren't you D.C. area, too, BT? My kids are picking up everything imaginable in day care. It's not clear to me whether the symptoms they're having now are a new cold or continuation of last week's cold (and diarrhea). I'm sorry you're going through this and hope your LO feels better! Maggie (in VA)

June 22nd, 2012, 3:52 pm #3

Moved to a small Texas town during my year of unemployment and here when I got a job (which it turned out I hated and now I am back at my old company working from home). It seems to be popping up all over.

June 22nd, 2012, 4:35 pm #4

I am pretty sure Sarah has it. A couple of kids at day care (not in her room) have it. Took her to the doctor, who dx'ed scabies instead. But she had had fever, is not THAT itchy and is now unable to eat anything due to pain except water and is absolutely exhausted. Poor princess. I called and left a msg for the nurse but expect all I can do is keep her home till the rash is gone. :/ Fun times.

I am so sorry! Hugs to you and yes, I know...good times huh? There is light at the end of the tunnel-it usually only lasts a week, but it is narly. So sorry!

June 22nd, 2012, 5:02 pm #5

We fight eczema all the time and even when she is itchy, she doesn't complain. Unlike her brother, the pre-man, who falls to pieces over the tiniest wound. It's funny how different they are. He's very dramatic and she just sucks it up.

June 22nd, 2012, 9:36 pm #6

June 22nd, 2012, 10:49 pm #7

We fight eczema all the time and even when she is itchy, she doesn't complain. Unlike her brother, the pre-man, who falls to pieces over the tiniest wound. It's funny how different they are. He's very dramatic and she just sucks it up.

The pre-man! lol! You are so funny! I can just picture it. Take care!

June 23rd, 2012, 2:56 am #8

Doc thinks DS may have a very slight case. Probably from one of the groups we go to.

June 23rd, 2012, 3:09 am #9

I hope your little one is better soon, and that non one else in your household gets sick. Miserable. Just miserable.

June 23rd, 2012, 3:25 am #10

I'm so sorry (not to mention a little alarmed) to hear that this is popping up all over. Hope everyone feels better soon!