yes, another coxsackie post

yes, another coxsackie post

June 21st, 2012, 10:30 pm #1

Poor DH started having severe testicular pain yesterday. Sonogram ruled out any mechanical issues. The culprit? Coxsackie. Poor guy has been practically doubled over.

June 22nd, 2012, 4:03 am #2

Ugh. Your poor dh.

Even though most websites & our boys' ped said adults usually don't get it & if they do, it's usually mild, I noticed a lot of comments from posters who got it from their kids & had a rough time. It can apparently be quite bad for some adults.

Knock on wood dh & I haven't caught it & mil thinks fil didn't actually have it, either. He is fine now.

I hope your poor dh is on the mend soon. Ouch!!

June 22nd, 2012, 5:29 am #3

Poor DH started having severe testicular pain yesterday. Sonogram ruled out any mechanical issues. The culprit? Coxsackie. Poor guy has been practically doubled over.

How odd that this seems to be going around everywhere right now. Friends here in Germany have it too.

June 22nd, 2012, 6:04 am #4

Poor, poor DH.

I've been wanting to post, but too busy...

My DH also caught it from DD a couple months ago, and he had it WAY worse than she did. And it was no walk in the park for her, either. DH was out of work for almost 2 weeks, miserable, covered in what seemed hundreds of painful spots. He felt pain in his chest (2 days), his head, of course all the visible spots and mouth, the undersides of his feet (he was limping around for days), one day he told me it felt like his toenails were exploding. And sure enough they did fall off a couple weeks later. It was BAD!

His doctor tested him for organ function (liver, kidney, pancreas), as some people have become diabetic or other problems following such viral attacks.

What I'm getting around to is that there is a new strain of the virus that has not been prevalent in the US before. The reason most adults don't get the common strain is that they probably had exposure as kids. But with the new strain, we don't have that immunity.

Our pediatrician said that DD probably had the newer type, since her spots were further up her limbs - the more typical strain stops at the wrists and ankles. This was her 2nd go round, so probably 2 different strains.

Check out this article:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... DTL&ao=all

June 22nd, 2012, 2:47 pm #5

Very interesting. Ds #2's rash was not confined to his hands, feet, & mouth. He had a lot on his legs & arms, & a few on his face & torso.

Your poor, poor dh. That sounds awful. I hope he is better now.

June 22nd, 2012, 3:51 pm #6

Hmmmmm.