WTF??? W5 news in Canada last night

WTF??? W5 news in Canada last night

January 30th, 2011, 9:19 pm #1

Ugh...one more step back in Canada. This broadcast titled "The Murky World of Reproductive Medicine" one woman who used the name "Secaley" made women in our situation look like criminals. She has 2 girls and 4 boys and is trying to have a blue eyed blond haired girl. But keeps having boys...she tried to give her 3rd boy up for adoption after 1. finding out it was a boy and 2.because it had down syndrome. But after holding him and seeing "how cute" he was she decided not to SELL him to the parents that were waiting for him. She tried for the designer baby once more but again a boy. She put this one up for adoption as well but there were not "any takers". She says she will try again until she gets her princess baby. I can't believe this was the image used for women in Canada.

Here is the link to watch online...
http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20 ... ne-110128/

For a brief overview of Canada's current DE and GC laws, in 2004 the laws were changed to make compensation to Egg Donors and Surrogates illegal. A CDN egg donor and surrogate does have the right to claim expenses related to the egg donation and surrogacy. But not a penny more...and it must be supported by a receipt. Anyone who defies this law can be subject to a $500,000 fine and/or 10 years in prison. Pretty stiff penalty if caught.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 30th, 2011, 10:00 pm #2

Gender disappointment is not an official psychiatric diagnosis but it should be. Its an Internet-era label, an appellation coined by women who are bitterly unhappy about their babys gender and who cant get over it, even after their child is born. Were not producing monsters, were producing healthy babies. This woman in the clip is clearly mentally unstable, just listen to her. Imagine to try to sell your baby via the internet??? Sick, sick, sick , just sick!

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 30th, 2011, 10:09 pm #3

Ugh...one more step back in Canada. This broadcast titled "The Murky World of Reproductive Medicine" one woman who used the name "Secaley" made women in our situation look like criminals. She has 2 girls and 4 boys and is trying to have a blue eyed blond haired girl. But keeps having boys...she tried to give her 3rd boy up for adoption after 1. finding out it was a boy and 2.because it had down syndrome. But after holding him and seeing "how cute" he was she decided not to SELL him to the parents that were waiting for him. She tried for the designer baby once more but again a boy. She put this one up for adoption as well but there were not "any takers". She says she will try again until she gets her princess baby. I can't believe this was the image used for women in Canada.

For a brief overview of Canada's current DE and GC laws, in 2004 the laws were changed to make compensation to Egg Donors and Surrogates illegal. A CDN egg donor and surrogate does have the right to claim expenses related to the egg donation and surrogacy. But not a penny more...and it must be supported by a receipt. Anyone who defies this law can be subject to a $500,000 fine and/or 10 years in prison. Pretty stiff penalty if caught.

To find that sicko...obviously, this "journalistic" organization has a major agenda.

Vianna/Elmild
Vianna/Elmild

January 30th, 2011, 10:10 pm #4

nt

ALM
ALM

January 31st, 2011, 1:33 am #5

Seriously, she shouldn't have ANY kids! That is just awful. I agree with Elmild, there's an agenda going on here. I better do this while it's still legal here in the U.S. I YI YI.

January 31st, 2011, 1:48 am #6

:x I did not realize her obsession was for a blonde blue eyed baby girl or that she'd tried to "sell" her children though. I wonder how much of that is sensationalism? I will admit though she seemed fairly cavalier about her son with down syndrome, as though he were a blip on the radar as she worked toward her goal.

----------------------------

The long and winding road to my children: 5 clomid IUI cycles, 5 natural IUI cycles, 7 injectable IUI cycles, 4 natural ICI cycles, 2 egg vitrification studies, 1 donor embryo cycle (success!), 3 HSGs, 2 SHGs, 3 hysteroscopies, 2 polypectomies, 1 endometrial biopsy, countless rendezvous with the DildoCam...I will spread my legs for anyone at this point! (disclaimer: the legs are officially staying closed from here on).

The third time is not the charm....the twenty-fourth time is.

Dee
Dee

January 31st, 2011, 2:56 am #7

they will always take the most extreme, sensational situation and present that to the public. The public will then believe that everyone seeking donor eggs is the exact same way as this person.

Bharani
Bharani

January 31st, 2011, 3:22 am #8

nt
to look for the extreme one. we are here, struggling to get our miracle, it doesn't matter boy or girl. that we will hold them tightly and gently in our arms.
Why journalist always go to one end and not the middle one. I hope the people when they read they will made a good judgment. Understanding it is very rarely to encounter people like this lady. I think this IF made me to appreciate children more and life itself.
B

Hope2009
Hope2009

January 31st, 2011, 4:37 am #9

for this Canadian mom of 4 DS's and 2 DD's. As you said Dee...the extremes sell. For anyone watching this though they would think that doing a DE cycle in Canada is so difficult and also a bit under the table dirty. That wasn't our experience at all...easy, lawful,....almost magical but then my journey would never sell news. Too happily ever afterish for ratings.

Thanks for sharing the story though MRS.S...it was interesting to see a different take on the subject here in Canada.

Blessings from Hope

January 31st, 2011, 12:40 pm #10

I can't for the life of me figure out why they have to choose the worst to do these articles on. I mean it's not like there aren't us Canadians who are out of the closet about using DE. Jeepers! But y'know none of this surprises me... I'm so very irritated with our ways right now... Canadian Revenue can suck it as far as I'm concerned as well! They have denied our medical expenses 2x now and are demanding a letter from my RE stating that #1 I am infertile, and #2 it was necessary for us to travel out of country for treatments! Which doesn't sound difficult to get but my RE has been ignoring my requests now for 2 months! Arrrgghhh! Canada get with the bloody times! Okay rant over sorry!

ks
Last edited by ks1415 on January 31st, 2011, 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.