with all due respect to the sadness on this board (past & present,) i have a mundane issue

with all due respect to the sadness on this board (past & present,) i have a mundane issue

March 2nd, 2012, 2:07 pm #1

the puff is almost 2 weeks old and she's a sweet, quiet baby. sleeps most of the day, eats well. but she's much more wakeful at night. generally she finally settles down around midnight and will cluster feed up until that point. lots of pees and poops to keep me busy. then she'll sleep for a 2-3 hour stretch, i'll feed her again, and then another 2 hour stretch. this is all great except she will not sleep in her bassinet! she fusses and kicks and cries out. the only way she'll sleep is in my arms. she rejects the swaddle, so that is not an option. i've got white noise but tonight i'm going to try a heartbeat noise. i bought a little co-sleeper to keep next to me and that doesn't do it for her either. she just wants me. it's very cozy but at this early stage it makes me nervous and it's not very comfortable for me because i lie there really stiff with pillows propped on my side so she doesn't slide down. on top of that, the ball shows up in bed some time in the night. it's very crowded! anyhow i'd be happy with the progress in her sleep if only she'd stay in her bassinet or co-sleeper, and i could curl up like normal. i wish the co-sleeper had a rocking feature or something like that.

any suggestions??

March 2nd, 2012, 2:54 pm #2

...but that sounds divine! Gorgeous, snuggly, Baby Puff.

Sorry, sorry, sorry...

March 2nd, 2012, 3:16 pm #3

the puff is almost 2 weeks old and she's a sweet, quiet baby. sleeps most of the day, eats well. but she's much more wakeful at night. generally she finally settles down around midnight and will cluster feed up until that point. lots of pees and poops to keep me busy. then she'll sleep for a 2-3 hour stretch, i'll feed her again, and then another 2 hour stretch. this is all great except she will not sleep in her bassinet! she fusses and kicks and cries out. the only way she'll sleep is in my arms. she rejects the swaddle, so that is not an option. i've got white noise but tonight i'm going to try a heartbeat noise. i bought a little co-sleeper to keep next to me and that doesn't do it for her either. she just wants me. it's very cozy but at this early stage it makes me nervous and it's not very comfortable for me because i lie there really stiff with pillows propped on my side so she doesn't slide down. on top of that, the ball shows up in bed some time in the night. it's very crowded! anyhow i'd be happy with the progress in her sleep if only she'd stay in her bassinet or co-sleeper, and i could curl up like normal. i wish the co-sleeper had a rocking feature or something like that.

any suggestions??

Our lil' man did not like sleeping flat...in crib or co-sleeper next to our bed. He was fine in our arms, and would sleep for hours. He did like the FP lamb Infant seat, and would also sleep in it. We ended up putting it in his co-sleeper, propping up the bottom legs with a pillow so that it would lay more horizontally, and that is how he slept for the first 4 months. The only reason we moved him out of it, was because we spent the holidays with my mom in CA, and all we had was a pak n play (with bassinet) that he slept in fine. So when we came home, we put him co-sleeper without, and he was fine. I am sure it was not a perfect solution, but as they say "whatever works!". BTW, we did not strap him in while sleeping.

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Litt ... B001GQ2RUS

Good luck!

Stephanie

Me 43 (no ovaries) DH 41 (perfect little swimmers)
7/09 - First Donor Cycle at FIRM Canceled - donor backed out 3 days after starting meds
12/9 - Moved to SDFC - Rockstar donor 15 blasts - transferred 2 / 13 snow babies
12/24 - BFP on Christmas Eve.
1/12 - U/S showed one sweet little angel with a beautiful heartbeat.
8/10/2010 Cooper Elliott arrived to steal our hearts forever!

March 2nd, 2012, 3:17 pm #4

...but that sounds divine! Gorgeous, snuggly, Baby Puff.

Sorry, sorry, sorry...
...it's pretty sweet. You're no help

March 2nd, 2012, 3:19 pm #5

any suggestions??

The only thing that babychic would sleep in was the FP Rock n Play Sleeper. I think he liked the incline and rocking feature. I do wish that the rocking part was not manual. I remember having to rock him for up to an hour. It may not be the answer, but I ended up using this rocker for several months up to 1 year. Now he sleeps in between us in our king size bed (like the cotton ball) with our 70 lb dog, I don't think that will be changing anytime soon, but we all like it.

ETA: I just read some of the reviews and some babies were diagnosed with torticollis and flat head. The parents say it was due to this rocker. I never had this issue. I did not buy this sleeper until he was about 2 months (someone told me about it). Before that he slept alot in the bouncy seat, which I was not very fond of. That said, there were also many many nights when he slept on me. Too bad that she does not liked to be swaddled. Babychic never liked for his arms to be swaddled, so we did a swaddle with at least one arm free.

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Newb ... B002M77N22

Enjoy your puff.
Last edited by dnj01 on March 2nd, 2012, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 2nd, 2012, 3:29 pm #6

Our lil' man did not like sleeping flat...in crib or co-sleeper next to our bed. He was fine in our arms, and would sleep for hours. He did like the FP lamb Infant seat, and would also sleep in it. We ended up putting it in his co-sleeper, propping up the bottom legs with a pillow so that it would lay more horizontally, and that is how he slept for the first 4 months. The only reason we moved him out of it, was because we spent the holidays with my mom in CA, and all we had was a pak n play (with bassinet) that he slept in fine. So when we came home, we put him co-sleeper without, and he was fine. I am sure it was not a perfect solution, but as they say "whatever works!". BTW, we did not strap him in while sleeping.

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Litt ... B001GQ2RUS

Good luck!

Stephanie

Me 43 (no ovaries) DH 41 (perfect little swimmers)
7/09 - First Donor Cycle at FIRM Canceled - donor backed out 3 days after starting meds
12/9 - Moved to SDFC - Rockstar donor 15 blasts - transferred 2 / 13 snow babies
12/24 - BFP on Christmas Eve.
1/12 - U/S showed one sweet little angel with a beautiful heartbeat.
8/10/2010 Cooper Elliott arrived to steal our hearts forever!
I have a similar rocker...

March 2nd, 2012, 3:30 pm #7

The only thing that babychic would sleep in was the FP Rock n Play Sleeper. I think he liked the incline and rocking feature. I do wish that the rocking part was not manual. I remember having to rock him for up to an hour. It may not be the answer, but I ended up using this rocker for several months up to 1 year. Now he sleeps in between us in our king size bed (like the cotton ball) with our 70 lb dog, I don't think that will be changing anytime soon, but we all like it.

ETA: I just read some of the reviews and some babies were diagnosed with torticollis and flat head. The parents say it was due to this rocker. I never had this issue. I did not buy this sleeper until he was about 2 months (someone told me about it). Before that he slept alot in the bouncy seat, which I was not very fond of. That said, there were also many many nights when he slept on me. Too bad that she does not liked to be swaddled. Babychic never liked for his arms to be swaddled, so we did a swaddle with at least one arm free.

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Newb ... B002M77N22

Enjoy your puff.
I'll try it out!! Thanks

March 2nd, 2012, 3:36 pm #8

This Rock n play sleeper is a little different. Also, I edited my original post probably while you were responding.

Please let us know how it goes.

March 2nd, 2012, 4:09 pm #9

any suggestions??

For a bit McGirl was like this (her colic stage) and we would have to sleep her in the swing and then after she was asleep for 30min, we could move her to her crib. It was hard for us as she had severe reflux and was on monitors when she came home so we couldnt sleep with her or her flat or not on monitors.

The to sleep in swing gives them what they like at bedtime but they also get used to the lying flat and being in a crib, co sleeper whatever. Worth a try but it does sound divine and tiring all in one.

Did I miss photos of the puff, I hope not!

March 2nd, 2012, 4:19 pm #10

any suggestions??

Personally, knowing what I know now, I think I'd just read up on the safe co-sleeping guidelines at the Dr. Sears site and give her what she wants. Take care, Maggie (in VA)