will start my cycle soon I feel very nervous

will start my cycle soon I feel very nervous

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 30th, 2010, 7:38 pm #1

I think I am ready to move forward because I cant take another month of disappointment. I just feel so anxious.

November 30th, 2010, 7:49 pm #2

The way I deal with things is I break them down, then I imagine all the scenarios and I imagine all the backup plans I will use to deal with all the scenarios.

Lol. This drives my husband crazy--all that hypothetical thinking!

This is how I dealt with IF.

It's still scary though!!!

I don't know exactly what you are worried about? It won't work out? The chances are GREAT that it will. That is what is so absolutely fabulous about donor eggs. Your odds just go up so dramatically!

It's really worth it to do donor eggs, I personally think. Yes, it can be like other cycles and end with disappointment but you do have a great shot.

November 30th, 2010, 7:52 pm #3

I think I am ready to move forward because I cant take another month of disappointment. I just feel so anxious.
Try to focus the anxiety energy on making sure everything's as right as it can be for the cycle. Can you take some gentle yoga classes? Are you doing acupuncture? If you can't afford it, do you have any stuff around the house you can sell to finance a few sessions before ET? Also, what's your physical condition? I tried to channel energy during the long 3-mo. wait between my cycles into getting as good a shape as I could consistent with preparing to cycle in case I was put on rest. That turned out to be a good idea, b/c my OB put me on "pelvic rest" from about week 4 through 12 of my pregnancy. Try to get your legs and abdominals as strong as possible to support the pregnancy. Take care, and good luck! Maggie (in VA)

CatMama75
CatMama75

November 30th, 2010, 10:40 pm #4

You've gotten some good advice from other ladies, and I'd add...

What human being could ever attempt this without feeling nervous, anxious? DE demands SO MUCH from us! Your anxiety is normal. My cycle was postponed sooooo many times (because it seemed the donor could not follow directions, poor communication between the donor/clinic/agency, etc.) that I needed to take Ambien in the weeks prior to the cycle. What I really needed was Xanax, but they only gave me sleeping pills. Would it help you to ask your MD/RE for some pills to take the edge off?

You need to dive in head first, knowing that DE really does dramatically increase your chances. Not sure how many failures you've had with OE or DE, but I know how hard it was for me to compartmentalize the past and move forward with this new option.

Just do it. And take comfort in the fact that you will survive this.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck!

CatMama