why the CD3 u/s & b/w?

why the CD3 u/s & b/w?

malibugirl662
malibugirl662

March 15th, 2011, 5:10 pm #1

Hello Ladies - saw an RE at New England Fertility yesterday. They don't do mock cycles. MD kind of scoffed at the idea saying they hadn't been done since the 80s, which had me raising an eyebrow, b/c the women on this board certainly do them.

He wants me to come in on CD3 for u/s and b/w, afterwhich I will have a consult.

What are they looking for? FSH, E2 and LH, I know. But at 44 he knows I have a diminished ovarian reserve...r/o possible cyst?

I did the saline u/s. My uterus looks good I am told...

I'm sorry for naive questions!

THANKS!
malibugirl662

March 15th, 2011, 10:39 pm #2

It sounds to me they want to see what your afc is? Given the information you posted, I would ask if you are self pay or have insurance or its just been a signifcant time lapse since your last testing.

malibugirl662
malibugirl662

March 16th, 2011, 12:32 am #3

All these tests were done in September. So I'm just at the six month mark. Insurance pays for b/w and u/s - I think they're just greedy. UGH - you know I really don't like REs...

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 16th, 2011, 1:22 am #4

Hello Ladies - saw an RE at New England Fertility yesterday. They don't do mock cycles. MD kind of scoffed at the idea saying they hadn't been done since the 80s, which had me raising an eyebrow, b/c the women on this board certainly do them.

He wants me to come in on CD3 for u/s and b/w, afterwhich I will have a consult.

What are they looking for? FSH, E2 and LH, I know. But at 44 he knows I have a diminished ovarian reserve...r/o possible cyst?

THANKS!
malibugirl662
sounds a bit pompous... some of the best clinics around do mock cycles, it is hardly an obsolete practice. He could have said they don't recommend them because blah blah blah, which is fine, I'm sure he has his reasons.

BTW I did not have a mock cycle and my lining was fine/ successful pg. Now at a different clinic they insist on a mock cycle.

March 16th, 2011, 1:30 am #5

THANKS!
malibugirl662
Have you had cysts before? I must say, I am biased b/c I have been to that clinic and I hate them with a passion. I am still a little bitter about jee can you tell. I sometimes wonder if the damn RE there wasn't so concerned with his percentages if my OE cycle he cancelled would have been successfull.

I do wish you the best and hope the testing is purely to help you achieve your dreams and not get new rims for one of the RE's escalade that works there.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 16th, 2011, 1:24 pm #6

Hi Newbie - Honestly I couldn't stand being there. I had a 2:30 appt and the MD was 45 minutes late.

I used to work for the Surgeon-in-Chief at one of the big teaching hospitals in Boston and we had the courtesy to call pts when he was late due to surgery.

And I don't think this doctor was late b/c of surgery. I think it was arrogance - he felt his time was more important than mine.

And the way the secretary rips that insurance card right out of your hand and demand that co-pay right away.

As posted above I think they're repeating b/w just to grab a few extra hundred dollars from Quest. I really do.

I did Physician Recruiting for a while and know the salaries for a single specialty RE group. Now I wish I didn't know b/c I resent it. I guess I bring a lot of emotional baggage to the table.

I feel like they will take my money and I won't get pregnant. Just like OE IVF. I'm not made of $$ this is a huge financial sacrifice on my part.....

Boston IVF is no better - it was just as much a patient mill.

The whole process - b/c it has been fraught with failure for me - just makes me so sad.

Malibugirl662

malibugirl662
malibugirl662

March 16th, 2011, 1:35 pm #7

Have you had cysts before? I must say, I am biased b/c I have been to that clinic and I hate them with a passion. I am still a little bitter about jee can you tell. I sometimes wonder if the damn RE there wasn't so concerned with his percentages if my OE cycle he cancelled would have been successfull.

I do wish you the best and hope the testing is purely to help you achieve your dreams and not get new rims for one of the RE's escalade that works there.
NO CYSTS