When do you switch to regular OB

When do you switch to regular OB

Claudia
Claudia

May 30th, 2012, 5:51 pm #1

Hi Ladies

When did your IVF clinic switch you to a regular OB. Did you still get weekly monitoring of blood due to progesterone or delestrogen?

May 30th, 2012, 6:14 pm #2

I think this is fairly standard, although I know others wait a little longer. My OB did an initial blood work-up just to be sure everything looked good, but they won't continue to do so.

May 30th, 2012, 6:18 pm #3

Hi Ladies

When did your IVF clinic switch you to a regular OB. Did you still get weekly monitoring of blood due to progesterone or delestrogen?
My clinic typically releases IVF patients at 9 weeks (end of 8 weeks) - I stuck around a few weeks longer due to a SCH. At the end of 10 weeks they rechecked my levels one more time and then released me - by then I was already done with shots and am almost done tapering off the endometrin - they are finished with all monitoring. My regular OB had a pretty full schedule when I would have been released, so I actually already saw him twice before being officially released.

BlessedThistle
BlessedThistle

May 30th, 2012, 6:42 pm #4

Hi Ladies

I had my betas at 9dp5dt and 12dp5dt then nothing till I saw ob/gyn at just she of 6 weeks. She did run my P4 but had no idea how to interpret. :/ I got no other followup for E2/P4/hcg. I think that waas the only time P4 even got checked.

May 30th, 2012, 8:06 pm #5

Hi Ladies

My OB did not do any monitoring of progesterone or estrogen.

May 30th, 2012, 8:33 pm #6

I had my betas at 9dp5dt and 12dp5dt then nothing till I saw ob/gyn at just she of 6 weeks. She did run my P4 but had no idea how to interpret. :/ I got no other followup for E2/P4/hcg. I think that waas the only time P4 even got checked.
I cycled overseas and my GP did the monitoring. She did my betas and a P4 check. I bled out from an SCH, but was going out of town for business travel the day after it started. My beta was OK, so ended up just going to the OB/GYN appointment I had scheduled after my positive beta at about 5 weeks, which they scheduled slightly sooner than normal. Maggie (in VA)

May 30th, 2012, 9:12 pm #7

My OB did not do any monitoring of progesterone or estrogen.
I will be monitored by Cooper until 14 weeks. I have BW for estrogen and progesterone every week and I have had 4 US already.I am currently 9 weeks. I have done better this pregnancy than the other two that ended in MC, no bleeding or cramping. I am more than happy to do all of this if it keeps me pregnant. I have seen my OB two weeks ago and will see her again in two weeks.I also see my local RE for my BW and 3 of my US.

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

May 30th, 2012, 11:01 pm #8

Hi Ladies

I was released from RE after 8 week ultrasound was all good. My OB office does the first appt at ten weeks, so that is when I had my first OB appt. The clinic I used (SG in Maryland) checked three consecutive betas but never checked estrogen, progesterone, or after transfer. Just ultrasounds at 6 weeks and 8 weeks. GL to you.

Maggie
Maggie

May 31st, 2012, 12:08 am #9

Hi Ladies

My OB hasn't monitored my hormone levels but they have agreed to see me on a weekly basis. They were very understanding of what i had been through. If you tell them you're concerned, maybe they would check your levels for you.

May 31st, 2012, 12:25 am #10

Hi Ladies

...and that was with a twin pregnancy. My RE was available had I had issues and for my early u/s's. We only monitored the progesterone/estrogen levels with my initial three betas, then no more bloodwork. We checked my progesterone levels a week after weaning off progesterone at 12 wks (for my peace of mind).