when can you begin again after failed mock cycle

when can you begin again after failed mock cycle

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 15th, 2011, 1:21 pm #1

I failed my mock cycle, and was wondering when I could try again with another protocol. My E2 was pretty high, but my lining never went to TL and stayed compact and thin. Can I use something to bring on a period and then wait one month and try again? Is it safe to have your E2 go high again so quickly after a failed cycle?

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 15th, 2011, 4:05 pm #2

I believe the estrogen receptors got burned out by way too much estrogen, and my lining stopped responding even though E2 was very high. Just shut down. I needed a long break and took very low dose BCPs for a few months. The next attempt after a break, using much less estrogen and having lower E2, resulted in an ideal lining (12mm TL).

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 15th, 2011, 5:13 pm #3

the same thing myself. It is odd that my lining just stopped budging. I sometimes have better lining on a natural cycle - not much thicker but at least the same. Also, this protocol that they used didn't gradually increase the estrogen, and the first time I tested my E2 it was already at 1700. So, it was like they blasted me with so much estrogen at once, I wonder if it was just too fast, too quick?

I was wondering how long you took a break? Was it three months?

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 15th, 2011, 11:25 pm #4

Of course I didn't want to wait and started a new FET right away, but the lining never grew past 7.3mm so I cancelled myself and took a 5 month break. I also changed clinics during that time, and changed protocols. New clinic used estrogen patches which did not make my E2 sky-high and built a nice lining. They started with one patch, after a week increased to 2 patches, two days later 3 patches, two days later 4 patches, and added 2 estrace vaginally. Then I stayed on 4 patches every other day and had lining checks/ E2 checks until lining was 12mmTL. At that point the clinic said they were afraid lining might get too thick (!) which was not something i thought i would ever hear. I thought age had made my lining difficult to build.

My old clinic just blasted me with cheap estrace oral and vaginal, made E2 very high 4000+, with no resulting lining growth to show for it. They didnt want to change protocol because a 7.3mm with high E2 levels was "good enough".There are studies that show that very high E2 at transfer time is not good for pregnancy rates at all (although those studies were probably done with OE patients not DE patients).

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 16th, 2011, 6:07 am #5

where you remained on patches until you got your 12TL? Also, I assumed you slowly had increases in your lining until you got to the 12TL, for example, maybe first week it was 7TL, then 8TL, etc until you got to the 12TL?

Daisy7412
Daisy7412

November 8th, 2011, 10:31 pm #6

Of course I didn't want to wait and started a new FET right away, but the lining never grew past 7.3mm so I cancelled myself and took a 5 month break. I also changed clinics during that time, and changed protocols. New clinic used estrogen patches which did not make my E2 sky-high and built a nice lining. They started with one patch, after a week increased to 2 patches, two days later 3 patches, two days later 4 patches, and added 2 estrace vaginally. Then I stayed on 4 patches every other day and had lining checks/ E2 checks until lining was 12mmTL. At that point the clinic said they were afraid lining might get too thick (!) which was not something i thought i would ever hear. I thought age had made my lining difficult to build.

My old clinic just blasted me with cheap estrace oral and vaginal, made E2 very high 4000+, with no resulting lining growth to show for it. They didnt want to change protocol because a 7.3mm with high E2 levels was "good enough".There are studies that show that very high E2 at transfer time is not good for pregnancy rates at all (although those studies were probably done with OE patients not DE patients).
What old clinic did you use? My lining was crappy and had a hysteroscopy to see if they could improve it -- not sure if it will improve...jury is still out..but I am interested in finding out about your new protocol and where it was if you are willing to share.

Thank you --