What would you do with half a billion dollar (fun fantasy inspired by other board??

What would you do with half a billion dollar (fun fantasy inspired by other board??

March 30th, 2012, 10:38 pm #1

It's so fun reading the ladies on the other board fantasizing about what they would do if they won the lotto, also, I think it's a great exercise in defining what is important to you.

I would: buy the house we are planning to lease, go on a spa week vacay, hire a stylist and revamp my wardrobe and hair, buy the bottega veneta bag I have wanted since college, a sexy new car (maybe a Porsche Cayenne), and my husband a Porsche Caymen, start a foundation for IF, finish my IF doc and launch it on the web, superfund my hubby's business so he could never worry about his ex partners again, send my nephew to a good private college (and require he have a job), buy all new furniture! Buy my brother a house.

Give some nice huge gifts to my favorite charities.

Launch the nonprofit arm of my husband's business which we can't do right now.

Hire a housekeeper to come for an hour every day.

Pay for many gals IF treatments who I know are struggling.

What fun to think about all these things!

March 30th, 2012, 11:00 pm #2

I would build the house of my dreams with a dance studio built in where I could teach classes just for fun! I'd buy my hubby the car of his dreams (I already have a car that I adore), put money aside for DD's education, take a holiday, pay off my sister's mortgage and buy houses for my young brothers that they can live in when they're old enough. I'd put a retirement fund aside and once all that responsible stuff was done.....

I'd cover IVF costs for all you women on the boards, get a housekeeper, gardener, chef and personal trainer, study philosophy at uni just for interests sake (cos really, what can you do with that degree), go on a shopping spree with my best friends in Rodeo Drive and pay for new wardrobes for us all and flights of course, fund a performing arts centre for anyone who wants to sing or dance or act and sponsor Africa - yep, the whole damn country!

And for DD, I'd take her to Antarctica to meet the penguins - she loves penguins!!! She'd have the best of the best, but I would still want her to be grounded, so we would fund a charity of her choice that we would both volunteer at and the housekeeper would leave certain jobs for both of us to remember how to work for what we want. She would get pocket money for the chores she does and any of her savings would be matched, plus she would have a trust fund to buy her a house and car, but she would need to save the deposits for both things!

That said, Christmases and birthdays we would spoil her rotten!!!

March 30th, 2012, 11:05 pm #3

I love the idea of having chores you have to do no matter whether you have a housekeeper or not...
Maybe I will tell my hubby about that and it will inspire him...

March 30th, 2012, 11:44 pm #4

It's so fun reading the ladies on the other board fantasizing about what they would do if they won the lotto, also, I think it's a great exercise in defining what is important to you.

I would: buy the house we are planning to lease, go on a spa week vacay, hire a stylist and revamp my wardrobe and hair, buy the bottega veneta bag I have wanted since college, a sexy new car (maybe a Porsche Cayenne), and my husband a Porsche Caymen, start a foundation for IF, finish my IF doc and launch it on the web, superfund my hubby's business so he could never worry about his ex partners again, send my nephew to a good private college (and require he have a job), buy all new furniture! Buy my brother a house.

and help homeless people and animals.

And I just got back from the store - I have my ticket!
Last edited by Seymo on March 30th, 2012, 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 31st, 2012, 1:18 am #5

I'm in!

All I really want to do is:
1) Restore my house which was built in 1750. To really do it all the way would probably cost $1 million which is twice what I paid for it at the top of the real estate market in 2006 and is $600K more than I could sell it for today.

2) Buy and preserve some other old properties in my town that are threatened.

3) Buy beach property somewhere -- maybe Block Island, RI or Squirrel Island, ME (a private island that only has summer residents).

4) Buy a pied-a-terre in NYC (I miss living there!)

5) and then, most importantly, inspired by your post, I will help pay for IF treatments for the many, many couples who are going in debt up to their eyeballs.

minniet
minniet

March 31st, 2012, 1:35 am #6

I would annually rent out an amazing huge house or set of house, or ranch, or rent out a whole hotel in a lovely place, and I would fly or transport every member of my family (and I can't think of one I would not send, even my crazy sister) to be there, together, for a week, and have a professional photog record it and turn it into an annual book.

Also, I would also have a fund to send any member of my family to a good college who wanted to go.

March 31st, 2012, 2:45 am #7

Family and higher education are two of the most worthy things in life.

The concept of paying for any member of your family's education is bringing memories of my late grandfather to my mind. He was sooooo intensely in favor of education in all forms, and so proud of everyone in his family who went to any form of schooling or training that the back windshield of his car bore the sticker of every school anyone went to -- from his college, my mom's community college, my college, the places where my dad did graduate work and any school any of his kids ever attended or taught at. It was a crazy collection of stickers! If he had any extra money he would have funded scholarships or paid our tuition bills!

March 31st, 2012, 7:07 am #8

Hi,
Inter alia I would set up a donor egg clinic and give everyone free cycles until you had at least one child.
Yeah! best, THK

March 31st, 2012, 8:18 pm #9

maryland, kansas or illionois?

April 2nd, 2012, 12:29 am #10

I all. I am new to the blogs and do not know all the acronyms. Can someone help????

FYI.....I would definitley pay off all my bills and yes there is a very nice Louis Vuitton I am looking to purchase. Of course help out my mum and sister with their bills.

A fund for other ladies wishing to become mums is my next priority.....