What would you do? Beta rose..

What would you do? Beta rose..

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

February 19th, 2013, 6:04 pm #1

I will respond to the post below later but right now I need opinions. I went for a beta and u/s this morning. The doctor could not see anything in my ute or tubes but that made sense with low beta. The "good" news (or so I thought) was that I started bleeding morning so I thought the beta was going to be lower. Well, it went up again, from 478 to 575 (from Friday to Tues) and p4 dropped down to 1.5. I really, really don't want the methotrexate shot. Do you think I can wait a few more days to see if the beta drops or do I need to take this shot? I haven't talked to the nurse/doctor yet but want to be prepared for what I want to do. Is there a certain level of beta number where this gets dangerous or can I sit on it to see if my body gets the message that there is no baby?

I do apologize for monopolizing the board in recents weeks:-(
Quote
Share

thesameboat
thesameboat

February 19th, 2013, 6:13 pm #2

When did you stop taking the meds? It can take a while. I was able to lose mine naturally when I went off the meds but it took the better part of a week. I was in the 9th week because I stubbornly stayed on the meds for a while, hoping for a miracle.

So sorry you're going through this now. (( ))
Quote
Share

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

February 19th, 2013, 6:16 pm #3

My last progesterone was last Thursdaynight. I may have taken an estrogen pill on Friday morning but can't remember definitively.
Quote
Share

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 19th, 2013, 7:23 pm #4

I will respond to the post below later but right now I need opinions. I went for a beta and u/s this morning. The doctor could not see anything in my ute or tubes but that made sense with low beta. The "good" news (or so I thought) was that I started bleeding morning so I thought the beta was going to be lower. Well, it went up again, from 478 to 575 (from Friday to Tues) and p4 dropped down to 1.5. I really, really don't want the methotrexate shot. Do you think I can wait a few more days to see if the beta drops or do I need to take this shot? I haven't talked to the nurse/doctor yet but want to be prepared for what I want to do. Is there a certain level of beta number where this gets dangerous or can I sit on it to see if my body gets the message that there is no baby?

I do apologize for monopolizing the board in recents weeks:-(
My beta rose to over 2500 - I say suspected as they never saw anything in the tube of uterus either. I was told if I had severe cramping to cal dr and go to ER. I ended up with the shot - because it been going on for 4 weeks. I think waiting a few days would not hurt - the progesterone should be low enough.
Quote
Share

karma
karma

February 19th, 2013, 8:01 pm #5

I will respond to the post below later but right now I need opinions. I went for a beta and u/s this morning. The doctor could not see anything in my ute or tubes but that made sense with low beta. The "good" news (or so I thought) was that I started bleeding morning so I thought the beta was going to be lower. Well, it went up again, from 478 to 575 (from Friday to Tues) and p4 dropped down to 1.5. I really, really don't want the methotrexate shot. Do you think I can wait a few more days to see if the beta drops or do I need to take this shot? I haven't talked to the nurse/doctor yet but want to be prepared for what I want to do. Is there a certain level of beta number where this gets dangerous or can I sit on it to see if my body gets the message that there is no baby?

I do apologize for monopolizing the board in recents weeks:-(
I had a similar situation with a spontaneous pg where my betas inched up like yours. It dragggggged on forever. At 7 wks I had an u/s and the pg was deemed a blighted ovum- sac, no pole, no hb. My betas were up in the 2-3 thousand range and I don't remember a mention of any shot, just to wait for my body to 'process it naturally'. It took three weeks from the time of the u/s and timing could not be worse, as we were on vacation. I really wanted to drown myself in wine, but kept on the up and up until everything was said and done.
I am not sure if this is TMI, but I was really scared of the actual m/c. The fear of the unknown.
In the end it was like tough premenstrual cramping. Tough, but not horrendous. For me with the blighted ovum, it was just a lot of clotting...a lot.

If you are uncomfortable with taking the shot, tell them and hold off if they see not cause otherwise.
Quote
Share

Julie
Julie

February 19th, 2013, 8:27 pm #6

I will respond to the post below later but right now I need opinions. I went for a beta and u/s this morning. The doctor could not see anything in my ute or tubes but that made sense with low beta. The "good" news (or so I thought) was that I started bleeding morning so I thought the beta was going to be lower. Well, it went up again, from 478 to 575 (from Friday to Tues) and p4 dropped down to 1.5. I really, really don't want the methotrexate shot. Do you think I can wait a few more days to see if the beta drops or do I need to take this shot? I haven't talked to the nurse/doctor yet but want to be prepared for what I want to do. Is there a certain level of beta number where this gets dangerous or can I sit on it to see if my body gets the message that there is no baby?

I do apologize for monopolizing the board in recents weeks:-(
Is there any reason to not just wait a bit? If there is no harm to you by waiting, I guess that is probably what I would do. Thinking of you.
Quote
Share

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

February 19th, 2013, 9:01 pm #7

I will respond to the post below later but right now I need opinions. I went for a beta and u/s this morning. The doctor could not see anything in my ute or tubes but that made sense with low beta. The "good" news (or so I thought) was that I started bleeding morning so I thought the beta was going to be lower. Well, it went up again, from 478 to 575 (from Friday to Tues) and p4 dropped down to 1.5. I really, really don't want the methotrexate shot. Do you think I can wait a few more days to see if the beta drops or do I need to take this shot? I haven't talked to the nurse/doctor yet but want to be prepared for what I want to do. Is there a certain level of beta number where this gets dangerous or can I sit on it to see if my body gets the message that there is no baby?

I do apologize for monopolizing the board in recents weeks:-(
We're going to wait until Friday to see if it goes down. Since I'm bleeding, hopefully it will just pass naturally if it is in the ute and the beta will drop.
Quote
Share

Veesha
Veesha

February 19th, 2013, 9:27 pm #8

I am amazed at the incredible strength that I hear in every one of your posts. You have been through such an ordeal and my thoughts and prayers are with you as you continue to process everything that is going on.
Quote
Share

Joined: September 16th, 2011, 1:39 am

February 19th, 2013, 9:56 pm #9

I couldn't have said it better. You are an amazing woman, Mrs. McIrish. I think about you often and pray for you. Don't apologize about your posts - I check regularly just to see how you are doing. Big hugs
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: September 30th, 2011, 8:08 pm

February 19th, 2013, 11:41 pm #10

I will respond to the post below later but right now I need opinions. I went for a beta and u/s this morning. The doctor could not see anything in my ute or tubes but that made sense with low beta. The "good" news (or so I thought) was that I started bleeding morning so I thought the beta was going to be lower. Well, it went up again, from 478 to 575 (from Friday to Tues) and p4 dropped down to 1.5. I really, really don't want the methotrexate shot. Do you think I can wait a few more days to see if the beta drops or do I need to take this shot? I haven't talked to the nurse/doctor yet but want to be prepared for what I want to do. Is there a certain level of beta number where this gets dangerous or can I sit on it to see if my body gets the message that there is no baby?

I do apologize for monopolizing the board in recents weeks:-(
You are an incredibly strong woman. I'm so sorry you were dealt this shitty hand of cards. I don't know if it gets much worse. I think you could also wait it out a few days. I had the methotrexate and it wasn't fun. I actually had quite intense pain after the shot for about 6 hours which is common. I'd try and avoid it. I think I mentioned in an earlier post that thru all my chemicals, my number would drop but I'd never bleed for at least a week. I'm sorry to have to be writing this right now. I truly thought this last cycle would have been it for you. I agree that reconnecting with DH and remembering why you fell in lobe to begin with, may be really helpful. In my experience, its so easy to get wrapped up in the IF journey and before you know it, you don't even recognize yourself anymore. Your whole life becomes about having that baby. Please email me if you want to talk further. Many hugs to you.
Quote
Like
Share