What to do??

What to do??

jmassage
jmassage

September 17th, 2012, 5:43 pm #1

I'm hoping you ladies can help me. Im getting ready for my first cycle next month. I've decided to do intralipids with this cycle along with dexametasone and baby aspirin. I was planning on doing lovenox as well, but then found out I have to take it 28 wks into pregnancy. I have an RPL panel done last year that was all normal. These meds are all just precautions "just in case" there is an immune issue going on. I don't know whether to go thru with the lovenox or skip it. From what I've read there arent any side effects for me or baby. Am I correct?? I'm also not thrilled at the thought of injecting myself with a blood thinner for 28 wks either unless necessary...not sure.

Denise
Denise

September 17th, 2012, 5:52 pm #2

Maybe just baby aspirin for extended time??

thesameboat
thesameboat

September 17th, 2012, 5:54 pm #3

I'm hoping you ladies can help me. Im getting ready for my first cycle next month. I've decided to do intralipids with this cycle along with dexametasone and baby aspirin. I was planning on doing lovenox as well, but then found out I have to take it 28 wks into pregnancy. I have an RPL panel done last year that was all normal. These meds are all just precautions "just in case" there is an immune issue going on. I don't know whether to go thru with the lovenox or skip it. From what I've read there arent any side effects for me or baby. Am I correct?? I'm also not thrilled at the thought of injecting myself with a blood thinner for 28 wks either unless necessary...not sure.
Most of the women here who take heparin shots seem to go off them after a few weeks. I have to stay on them until the day before my planned C-section.

Why are you being prescribed them? I have 2 copies of MTHFR but none of the other things that usually indicate a need for heparin. But I was sent for some blood tests and they decided to keep me on them as a precaution.

I don't love the shots but you do get used to it.

Good luck to you.

jmassage
jmassage

September 17th, 2012, 6:02 pm #4

There really is no indication that I need it. I just wanted to take it to possibly prevent another m/c. To cover all bases so to speak.. I was checked for clotting disorders and all was normal.

Violet
Violet

September 17th, 2012, 8:29 pm #5

a few weeks after her bfp. She also took it for precautionary reasons due to mc.

September 17th, 2012, 10:09 pm #6

Cny wants me on Lovenox for 28 weeks when I cycle with them in the next couple months. I do have 2 mutations of MTHFR but normal levels of homocystine and never had any clotting problems. They have also suggested Dex for 6 weeks and intralipids. I am going to do all since I have had 3 MC.

September 17th, 2012, 11:37 pm #7

Hi,
If this is your first cycle and you do not have immune issues then why take all these medications? I know it is a just in case thing but I would only go down the intralipid track as a really last resort. It is expensive and icky.

Injecting the blood thinners has major risks and is only necessary if you have some sort of clotting disorder hence if I were you I'd only take the baby aspirin.

If you are injecting lovenox people usually do that the entire pregnancy only stopping a few days before delivery. If you have to suddenly deliver not having stopped the lovenox this could be fatal for both you and your baby.
Please think very carefully about what you are taking.
If I were you I would take the baby aspirin, folic acid, fish oil, preg multi vitamin, and whatever hormones they prescribe.
best to you on this first cycle, THK

jmassage
jmassage

September 18th, 2012, 12:24 am #8

Cny puts you on dexamethasone reguardless. I have decided against the lovenox but I am certainly doing the intralipids. I will take all the vitamins as well. How much folic acid should I be taking?? Also, can you recommend a good prenatal vitamin that I don't have to get from my doctor?

September 18th, 2012, 5:47 am #9

Hi,
If this is your first cycle and you do not have immune issues then why take all these medications? I know it is a just in case thing but I would only go down the intralipid track as a really last resort. It is expensive and icky.

Injecting the blood thinners has major risks and is only necessary if you have some sort of clotting disorder hence if I were you I'd only take the baby aspirin.

If you are injecting lovenox people usually do that the entire pregnancy only stopping a few days before delivery. If you have to suddenly deliver not having stopped the lovenox this could be fatal for both you and your baby.
Please think very carefully about what you are taking.
If I were you I would take the baby aspirin, folic acid, fish oil, preg multi vitamin, and whatever hormones they prescribe.
best to you on this first cycle, THK
as it hampers the baby's lung development. It is fine for the first few weeks, though.

September 18th, 2012, 7:18 am #10

Cny puts you on dexamethasone reguardless. I have decided against the lovenox but I am certainly doing the intralipids. I will take all the vitamins as well. How much folic acid should I be taking?? Also, can you recommend a good prenatal vitamin that I don't have to get from my doctor?
and if you have 2 copies of MTHFR, you should be taking about 4 mg of folic acid per day. For one copy, about 2.2. Also, supplement with some OTC B6 and B12. They are supposed to help with the absorption of the folic acid.

(Please do note, too, that we with MTHFR absorb natural folates from foods much better than the folic acid from pills, so don't neglect to eat some greens every day.)