what lining would you cancel cycle at?

what lining would you cancel cycle at?

Dee
Dee

August 21st, 2012, 12:53 am #1

I'm thinking if my lining is not at least 7 by Thursday I will cancel and have them freeze my embryos. But I have read where some people got pregnant w/ a lining of 6.5 or 6. What will be "too low" if I have to make the decision to cancel? And would it be better to have them freeze everything so I can try again w/ a better lining?

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

August 21st, 2012, 2:29 am #2

Dee,

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Personally, I think I would cancel too if my lining were not at 7 or better. I will say that I have heard of people having success with smaller linings. In fact I used to post with a woman that had twins with a lining of six so you never know. I guess my thought is that because so much is at stake, I would want to have the optimum environment in which to put my embryos back. If you were to put them back at a less than 7 lining would you second guess your choice if your cycle was not successful? If so, I would not do it. I would also consider the FET success rates of your clinic. If they are very low, than perhaps you might do better to have a fresh transfer with a less than optimal lining. It's just so hard to know what to do sometimes. Whatever you decide, good luck.

Dee
Dee

August 21st, 2012, 2:35 am #3

I really don't know my clinic's success rates with FET, but if they are say, lower than 25% I would probably do better to do the fresh transfer.

August 21st, 2012, 3:56 am #4

I'm thinking if my lining is not at least 7 by Thursday I will cancel and have them freeze my embryos. But I have read where some people got pregnant w/ a lining of 6.5 or 6. What will be "too low" if I have to make the decision to cancel? And would it be better to have them freeze everything so I can try again w/ a better lining?
Hi Dee,
I would cancel if lower than 8. That is just me. If you have the option of a freeze all and you are the least bit concerned then cancel. In my opinion a freeze all is a good option so you can tweak your lining next time. Again, just my humble opinion, thinking of you, THK

August 21st, 2012, 5:26 am #5

6 or better. You can still increase you lining with an extra dose of estradoil valerate (injection) and adding estrace vaginally. I have seen an increase of almost 2 in 2 days.

August 21st, 2012, 1:53 pm #6

I went from 7 to 10 in about 3.5 days -- discovered lining was too low on ER day, a Thursday, and was at 10 on Tuesday for ET. The doctor gave me a shot of estradiol to boost my lining. Maggie (in VA)

Dee
Dee

August 21st, 2012, 2:07 pm #7

I wonder if they could give me shot tomorrow. Clinic is in Czech Republic. I emailed the doctor to ask her if I could take the estradiol vaginally instead of orally, like I have been. She replied no, to keep taking it oral. I've read some people had success with taking it vaginally, though.

Denise
Denise

August 21st, 2012, 2:13 pm #8

Do(( both)) a bit of self medicating. I would do fresh since it is quite a travel plus maybe a few will be frozen..

Dee
Dee

August 21st, 2012, 4:03 pm #9

Yes, I believe in doing some self-medicating.

I leave today. So far, they have nine embryos. I don't know how many of those will "last" though. It always seems like a couple don't make it through the next days. I am keeping my fingers crossed that all of them will make it.

Dee
Dee

August 21st, 2012, 4:10 pm #10

6 or better. You can still increase you lining with an extra dose of estradoil valerate (injection) and adding estrace vaginally. I have seen an increase of almost 2 in 2 days.
I would feel conflicted about a 6, but there was a research study done last year in 2011 that indicated there was not much difference between DE transfers with low lining, and DE transfers with thicker lining.

http://www.advancedfertility.com/lining ... nation.htm