What is the minimum amount of time they want you on BCP to start a donor cycle?

What is the minimum amount of time they want you on BCP to start a donor cycle?

Clare
Clare

April 2nd, 2011, 4:12 pm #1

I am worried that I haven't started my period, yet. They want to start meds soon and I need to be on BCPs to sync the cycle. Do you know what they advise as a minimum number of days that you have to be on BCPs to be able to cycle for a donor egg cycle?

They want to start Lupron on April 7 and have me take BCPs through April 11. I am hoping I will start my period today since I have been having some fierce cramps. I expect it any second but no AF. Will this screw things up if I don't start soon?

Thanks for any help!!

April 3rd, 2011, 12:04 am #2

If your period hasn't come maybe you should call your RE office. You could start the Lupron early before this period comes and you would just have to be on it longer but it wouldn't do any harm whereas if you wait for it to come and stop bcps etc your cycle is going to be delayed.

Clare
Clare

April 3rd, 2011, 6:52 pm #3

So you think I should start Lupron earlier? I am so frustrated because I have been having major, major cramps but no AF. I am going to call them tomorrow and ask them if I should start Lupron earlier.

Should I go ahead and take the BCP that they prescribed even though I haven't actually bled, yet? I wonder if taking it would stop my period.

I actually oversupress with BCPs....even just a few days of it. Therefore I wasn't really worried about not being supressed enough with less than two weeks of BCPs. Isn't that why we take BCPs...to sync and supress?

Thank you for your help! I am really worried about my cycle being off.

April 3rd, 2011, 10:57 pm #4

They can give you something else instead of birth control pills which will delay and start your period at the required time. Here we use norethisterone but I think you'll use Provera. You need to call them asap.