What are my chances?

What are my chances?

Maggie
Maggie

September 28th, 2011, 7:38 pm #1

I will be having my first DE transfer, and we ended up having 2 embryos that look fantastic. How realistic is it to expect success on the first try? Should i be excited or do I need to prepare myself that it usually takes several attempts?

September 28th, 2011, 8:29 pm #2

Some ladies get lucky their first time out, some don't. Regardless of the science involved to get to this point, once you do the transfer its all up to God, the Universe, the Stars, or whatever you believe in.

All that being said - definitely be excited! You've made it this far

Kay

" Some people built castles in the air. She constructed hers from mashed potatoes, which kept down demolition costs." Sarah Sloane, Borrowing Priviledges

September 28th, 2011, 8:44 pm #3

I will be having my first DE transfer, and we ended up having 2 embryos that look fantastic. How realistic is it to expect success on the first try? Should i be excited or do I need to prepare myself that it usually takes several attempts?
The odds are in your favor (slightly, but still there). A plan B is always good, but it sounds like you are doing pretty well so far. After all, your chances are much better now than they usually are most months, right?

Good luck! I hope you're one of the lucky ones.

September 28th, 2011, 8:47 pm #4

It does work for some women on the first try. I wasn't one of them, but that doesn't mean it won't work for you. Yes, be prepared for the idea that you might need another cycle. Take care, Maggie (in VA)

September 28th, 2011, 8:52 pm #5

My first cycle did not reach transfer and I had no Plan B and I was crushed. Luckily, Plan B started lining up the day after I got home from the failed cycle. Plan B did not work but having Plan C in place before my 2ww was up made it much more bearable. I already had Plans D and E well before the 2ww rolled around for Plan C and it was a comfort to be prepared, though this cycle produced my miracles for me and the plans went by the wayside.

That said, I'd look at your clinic stats and hope you are sitting on the right side of them! Best to you for this cycle's success!

Last edited by Blessed_Thistle on September 28th, 2011, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 29th, 2011, 2:05 am #6

Cautiously optimistic, but definitely hopeful. I had two good embies for this my first attempt and I'm 8 weeks pregnant with a single. I told myself it might not work the first time but that I had 8 more good grade frosties waiting for me if it did not work. I am sending you all positive vibes, good luck and keep us posted.
Cheers
pict

Anon7
Anon7

September 29th, 2011, 2:28 am #7

Hi - yes, it CAN work on the 1st try! I was successful with the transfer of a single 5 day blast! No issues except for age, and good lining. Make sure to get sufficient progesterone support. I did crinone b/c I couldn't do the shots, but the shots are what most do. Crinone is much, much more expensive (like $1k+ for the 8+ weeks I was on it).

Good Luck!

September 29th, 2011, 2:58 am #8

My RE gave us a 50-60% chance with DE, and we got pg on the first try with a single 5-day blast. I'll admit that having some frosties as a "plan B" was very reassuring, but the 2ww was still agonizing. Even as the pregnancy has progressed, I can still hardly believe it's happening, because we had so many disappointments before we went to DE. Infertility sort of trains you to expect the worst, doesn't it?

Anyway, Maggie, my fingers are crossed for your success!

September 29th, 2011, 5:37 am #9

good luck! embryos sound great! nt

September 29th, 2011, 6:03 am #10

Hi ya,
It can happen first try... did for my sister but then I took 9 goes until I hit the jackpot.
It is possible but honey... you sit on the fence. Be prepared to be excited AND also have a plan b to move to incase things don't turn out how you want.
Not trying to be a downer here just protect yourself, best and good luck! THK