What are chances of twins w DE??? Nt

K
K

May 4th, 2011, 2:13 pm #1

H40+
H40+

May 4th, 2011, 2:33 pm #2

I used a non-proven 21 year old. She was very young so she did great, 13 blasts, 2 transferred, and they said it was a high chance of twins, which turned out to be the truth. Good luck. I used the same clinic you are using, I think.

May 4th, 2011, 2:43 pm #3

If you transfer 2 good quality blasts. Since then I think someone here posted a higher figure, like 50%. At the clinic in the Czech Republic where I cycled, I wonder whether it's even higher, because on the support forum for the clinic, so many of the ladies seem to get pg with twins. Someone said that it's b/c the donors are so young (it's a university town). But I am also wondering whether it could be b/c a lot of the couples headed to Zlin are running out of financial resources and are trying to eliminate all possible negative factors and either use DS or mix DH's w/DS. I tx'd 2 gr 1 blasts and got pg w/twins. Used DS. Good luck! Maggie (in VA)

K
K

May 4th, 2011, 2:53 pm #4

I used a non-proven 21 year old. She was very young so she did great, 13 blasts, 2 transferred, and they said it was a high chance of twins, which turned out to be the truth. Good luck. I used the same clinic you are using, I think.
My donor is also a 21 yr old non proven donor. Hope we get your results!!! can't believe 13 blasts! Amazing!!! Congrats!

K
K

May 4th, 2011, 2:55 pm #5

If you transfer 2 good quality blasts. Since then I think someone here posted a higher figure, like 50%. At the clinic in the Czech Republic where I cycled, I wonder whether it's even higher, because on the support forum for the clinic, so many of the ladies seem to get pg with twins. Someone said that it's b/c the donors are so young (it's a university town). But I am also wondering whether it could be b/c a lot of the couples headed to Zlin are running out of financial resources and are trying to eliminate all possible negative factors and either use DS or mix DH's w/DS. I tx'd 2 gr 1 blasts and got pg w/twins. Used DS. Good luck! Maggie (in VA)
Thank you so much! Nt

H40+
H40+

May 4th, 2011, 2:59 pm #6

My donor is also a 21 yr old non proven donor. Hope we get your results!!! can't believe 13 blasts! Amazing!!! Congrats!
You'll probably turn out the same. Everyone I know that's transferred two over there has twins. One of my friends who did a DE cycle there specifically requested a single embryo transfer because she already had kids and didn't want twins, and she knew that's how it would turn out. It worked out perfectly, because she had a singleton from her SET.

K
K

May 4th, 2011, 3:04 pm #7

You've just made my day. Love hearing good things about my clinic. Thank you thank you!!!

May 4th, 2011, 3:36 pm #8

it was her 4th cycle there. They decided to switch to donor sperm this time and go for broke and transfer 3 blasts. And yes, she has year old triplet girls now.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 4th, 2011, 8:16 pm #9

Lots of 3 blast tx happening in Czech Republic, explains more multiples. Most clinics in the US absolutely will not tx 3 blasts anymore, I think it is also part of ASRM guidelines (octomom reinforced it), unless there is an extraordinary situation or reason to tx more.

May 5th, 2011, 2:16 am #10

...but I had twins from transfering two, grade one blasts. My clinic mentioned transfering THREE blasts and I said nope! Donor was 22 y/o (was her second donation with first resulting in live birth) and I was 29 y/o with my only known issue being ovarian (POF).